All About Music Games (Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Whathaveyou)

and Lego Rock Band

just because it's awesome in it's absurdity

also the entire bands Queen and Blur will be playable characters in it

when shaggy said you can import most or RB1's set-list into RB2, he means all the set-list except for 3 songs (Paranoid cover, Enter Sandman, and Run to the Hills cover)

Run to the Hills has been rereleased with the master track.

The thing to do would Buy Rock Band 2's bundle, then buy a RB1 guitar seperate if you want to do the whole 4 man band thing.

Then rent Rock Band 1 you don't need to buy it to copy the songs just need to have the disc for a total of 5 minutes, cash in the 20 bonus songs for Rock Band 2, DL the 4 freebies, then you've practically doubled your song count for maybe 15 dollars (RB1 rental + the cost of downloading the import key from PSN/XBL)

then pick up RBTB

*head explodes*

I made it more complicated then it needs to be

Buy the Rock Band 2 bundle, and a Rock Band 1 guitar, rent Rock Band 1 and import the songs, cash in the free 20 song pack you get with Rock Band 2, then download the four free normal tracks.

Then right off the bat you have 163 songs

Then rent Lego Rock Band like the day it comes out, use the code on the manual to import the tracks, then you'll have 208 songs for minimal cost

I made it more complicated then it needs to be

Buy the Rock Band 2 bundle, and a Rock Band 1 guitar, rent Rock Band 1 and import the songs, cash in the free 20 song pack you get with Rock Band 2, then download the four free normal tracks.

Then right off the bat you have 163 songs

Then rent Lego Rock Band like the day it comes out, use the code on the manual to import the tracks, then you'll have 208 songs for minimal cost

Interesting. I'll look into that.

If you come across the varying track packs at the game rental place (AC/DC, Vol. 2, Classic Rock, Country, Metal), you'll be able to import those songs as well if the code on the manual is still valid. Giving you another 99 songs for the price of 5 rentals bringing you up to a possible 307 for minimal cost

pretty much what I did.

and yes of course Get The Beatles, and the Abbey Road pack, and all you need is love if your on 360. not because of the frugalness, but because of the incredibleness

the 16 minute long continuos track for the B-Side medley from Abbey Road is freaking incredible to play.

Last edited:
It's old, but just found this:

1043.gif

Last edited:
So, the Led Zeppelin anti-Rock Band stance may be beginning to slip.

New Fang by Them Crooked Vultures is coming next week featuring the wizardry of Led Zeppelin Bassist John Paul-Jones.

It also marks like the 6th band featuring David Grohl to be put in the game aswell, and like the 40th song featuring the guy in some capacity.

I'm confused as to how the track packs work for Rock Band. Are the songs on the actual disc or does it just allow you to go online and download them? Is it pointless to buy the games used because someone has already downloaded/used the songs?

I'm confused as to how the track packs work for Rock Band. Are the songs on the actual disc or does it just allow you to go online and download them? Is it pointless to buy the games used because someone has already downloaded/used the songs?

well you can do both I believe. For those who can't afford internet for some reason, they can buy track packs, all the same songs are available for download on rock band store around the same time.

I don't know if this is what you mean, but any song you buy is forever on that console (or in the wii's case, on 2gb sd card but it's still non-transferrable). coincidentally the same is true for any downloadable games you buy for any console. So I bought all Legend of Zeldas on the wii and some marios; they are forever tied to that wii console no matter if you refurbish/sell or clean out the system.

i helped a cousin shop around for a wii and helped him set it up and get some nostalgic games fro mthe shop channel. Whoever previously owned it bought Mario Kart (i think), Link to the Past, Super Mario World and a Mega Man. All were shown as previously downloaded and could be re-downloaded at no extra cost. So he pretty much got 4 free games at someone else's expense.

Last edited:
well you can do both I believe. For those who can't afford internet for some reason, they can buy track packs, all the same songs are available for download on rock band store around the same time.

I don't know if this is what you mean, but any song you buy is forever on that console (or in the wii's case, on 2gb sd card but it's still non-transferrable). coincidentally the same is true for any downloadable games you buy for any console. So I bought all Legend of Zeldas on the wii and some marios; they are forever tied to that wii console no matter if you refurbish/sell or clean out the system.

i helped a cousin shop around for a wii and helped him set it up and get some nostalgic games fro mthe shop channel. Whoever previously owned it bought Mario Kart (i think), Link to the Past, Super Mario World and a Mega Man. All were shown as previously downloaded and could be re-downloaded at no extra cost. So he pretty much got 4 free games at someone else's expense.

I don't think that's what I'm talking about. Rock Band has several discs you can buy that either have the songs on them or let you download the songs - which one I'm not sure. There is a country disc, rock, etc. If you buy one of those discs used can you still get the games off of them?

I don't think that's what I'm talking about. Rock Band has several discs you can buy that either have the songs on them or let you download the songs - which one I'm not sure. There is a country disc, rock, etc. If you buy one of those discs used can you still get the games off of them?

That I don't know, but Gamestop would know for sure. They buy used games, I'm sure they would have some kind of policy. I know they don't buy the instruments, regardless of condition, and that's where I got the above information from as well.

All Rock Band discs can be played on their own, most of the discs (except RBTB and RB2) feature an export function of one kind or another that lets you copy the songs on the disc into Rock Band 2.

For example with the Country Track Pack, it is it's own game of sorts it uses the Rock Band 1 engine. But most see them as expansion packs that you can use to copy the songs so you can play them in Rock Band 2. The Country Pack features 21 songs, 8 of which are available to anyone through the Rock Band Marketplace as DLC, 13 songs are limited time exclusives so the Country Track Pack is the only place for now to get those songs. If you buy the pack you can play it as a regular game to get the trophies and such, then/or you can cash in the code on the back of the manual to copy the tracks into RB2.

This ability to transfer all your songs onto the one platform is one of the main draws for the Rock Band platform.

Also, the codes are one-time use only so DO NOT buy a used copy if you plan on importing the songs.

Last edited:
All Rock Band discs can be played on their own, most of the discs (except RBTB and RB2) feature an export function of one kind or another that lets you copy the songs on the disc into Rock Band 2.

For example with the Country Track Pack, it is it's own game of sorts it uses the Rock Band 1 engine. But most see them as expansion packs that you can use to copy the songs so you can play them in Rock Band 2. The Country Pack features 21 songs, 8 of which are available to anyone through the Rock Band Marketplace as DLC, 13 songs are limited time exclusives so the Country Track Pack is the only place for now to get those songs. If you buy the pack you can play it as a regular game to get the trophies and such, then/or you can cash in the code on the back of the manual to copy the tracks into RB2.

This ability to transfer all your songs onto the one platform is one of the main draws for the Rock Band platform.

Also, the codes are one-time use only so DO NOT buy a used copy if you plan on importing the songs.

That's what I was looking for - thanks.

My wife got me Beatles Rock Band for Christmas. She gave it to me early because it's such a huge box there was nowhere to hide it.

It is so awesome.

So awesome.

On PS3 right E?

Have I added you?

we should play together

You going to download the rest of Abbey Road and Sgt. Peppers?

I'm stoked for All You Need is Love next week, bout time we finally got that....stupid xbox....also Rubber Soul is coming this month :rockon:

Sound of Silence and I am a Rock by Simon & Garfunkel are coming to RB2 next week, should be great stuff aswell

It also appears to be that Harmonix might be reinventing their track pack releases. In interviews people in or representing bands have been saying they have games coming. Among them are Pearl Jam, Green Day, The Doors, Queen, and The Who. But one knows Harmonix does not have the time or resources to make The Beatles Rock Band level games for each one, it follows that they could release stand alone discs of 20 or so songs from each band with import capabilities for the 30$ charge thats been coupled with the track packs so far.

Last edited:
Pfft

I play a set-list containing all the 60's songs in rock band over and over again in protest of that game.

All You Need is Love mate

I'm sure the Russians will appreciate your non-violence when they para-drop into your backyard.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back