All About Music Games (Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Whathaveyou)

I have spent $220.50 on Rock Band DLC, plan to buy "Best Day Ever" and "Don't Stop Believing" next week, and, at the moment, am (hopelessly) resisting the urge to purchase Pearl Jam's "Ten" in full.

I also want the Funk pack.

I have 2050 points on my account, and need 800 for the Mythic pack. I'm 200 points short of both Ten and Mythic, but no Best Day Ever or Don't Stop Believing. I may have to buy 500 points tonight and bite the bullet.

Because Ten is that good.

I have spent $220.50 on Rock Band DLC, plan to buy "Best Day Ever" and "Don't Stop Believing" next week, and, at the moment, am (hopelessly) resisting the urge to purchase Pearl Jam's "Ten" in full.

I also want the Funk pack.

I have 2050 points on my account, and need 800 for the Mythic pack. I'm 200 points short of both Ten and Mythic, but no Best Day Ever or Don't Stop Believing. I may have to buy 500 points tonight and bite the bullet.

Because Ten is that good.

I don't know how muchI've spend on RB DLC, but I have 307 songs available, 310 if you count the three songs that don't transfer from RB1 to RB2.

Apparently I missed a Rock Band contest at my school today sponsorred by Amp'd Energy drinks. DAMNIT I would have cleaned house... until some asian kid shows up that is.

I declared myself an Rock Band guy a long time ago

but Guitar Hero: Smash Hits sounds like a barrel of fun

Here's the announced set-list as of now

"Bark at the Moon" Ozzy Osbourne
"Barracuda" Heart
"Carry On Wayward Son" Kansas
"Free Bird" Lynyrd Skynyrd
"I Love Rock 'n Roll" Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
"I Wanna Rock" Twisted Sister
"Killer Queen" Queen
"Killing in the Name" Rage Against the Machine
"Message in a Bottle" The Police
"Nothin' but a Good Time" Poison
"Them Bones" Alice in Chains
"Through the Fire and Flames" DragonForce

Bark at the Moon, Barracuda, Free Bird, I Love Rock 'n Roll, I Wanna Rock, AND Killer Queen?!

Activision just got 60$ from me.

The recently announced Rock Band: Unplugged sounds cool, mixing Rock Band with Amplitude/Frequence to make it work for the PSP is a strok of genius. But they've kinda buried the lead by announcing that it won't have any exclusive songs, and all newly appearing songs will be being put up on PSN/XBL/WVC

Here's the set-list as of right now

"ABC" Jackson 5
"Alive" Pearl Jam
"Buddy Holly" Weezer
"Drain You" Nirvana
"Everlong" Foo Fighters
"Float On" Modest Mouse
"Gasoline" Audioslave
"Kryptonite" 3 Doors Down
"Less Talk More Rokk" Freezepop
"Livin' on a Prayer" Bon Jovi
"Message in a Bottle" The Police
"Miss Murder" AFI
"More than a Feeling" Boston
"Pinball Wizard" The Who
"Rock Your Socks" Tenacious D
"Show Me the Way" Black Tide
"What's My Age Again?" blink-182
"White Wedding, Part 1" Billy Idol
"Would" Alice in Chains

Chinese Democracy is going up on Rock Bands DLC next week.....That should be interesting. It wasn't a great album but it sure was an attention getter, not sure how well it'll work to play through though. If anything they should have put Appetite for Destruction on, but we all know that'll probably never happen.

Also next week GHWT is getting a Steely Dan pack containing, Kid Charlemegne, Black Friday, and Bodhisattva. Not a bad idea for a pack

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced today that TT Games and Harmonix are developing a Lego version of Rock Band for the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii, with an additional version scheduled for release on the Nintendo DS. Players will be able to rock out in true Lego style, complete with customized avatars and LEGO themed venues. So far the only songs confirmed for this version are Blur's Song 2, Carl Douglas' Kung Fu Fighting and Europe's The Final Countdown.

"Lego Rock Band combines two compelling properties," explains Tom Stone, managing director of TT Games, "and creates an experience that family members of all ages will enjoy playing together as a group." MTV Games senior vice president Bob Picunko agrees: "Rock Band is a social game experience that crosses every generation and every genre of rock."

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/974/974773p1.html

:shock::lol: Not really into these games but I might buy this one.

I'll get it if the set-list is exportable like the Track Pack's and RB1

Gotta say The Final Countdown is rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallllyyyyyy tempting, I wonder if I can make my character look like a LEGO Gob

Kung-Fu Fighting is also really tempting

but neither of those are as tempting as the Styx/REO Speedwagon pack for Rock Band this week.

OK so does any of you Americans play Rock Band on PS3 here? (bad grammar I has)

Cause I won a free song from the Star Trek sweepstake, but the codes don't work outside the states.

If you want it I'll PM you the code

Last edited:

Cause I won a free song from the Star Trek sweepstake, but the codes don't work outside the states.

ahaha! Outside border fail!

sadly i only have it on the wii, but i don't really like star trek.

I'll take the code if you don't mind, man. :)

I'm also kind of excited for Lego Rock band, if only for "The Final Countdown"

ahaha! Outside border fail!

sadly i only have it on the wii, but i don't really like star trek.
Well atleast I won, and you would have had a console fail, because Wii wasn't part of the contest :p

also you get to pick the song.
I'll take the code if you don't mind, man. :)

I'm also kind of excited for Lego Rock band, if only for "The Final Countdown"
and it's yours

:shifty: quiet you.

You first

also here is a leaked setlist for Guitar Hero Smash Hits that got a few weeks ago, which has been more or less been proven right by the announcements of the GH1 and GH2 songs being exactly the same.

GH1
Bark at the Moon *
Cowboys from Hell (LIVE)
Godzilla
Hey You
I Love Rock and Roll *
Killer Queen *
More Than a Feeling
No One Knows
Smoke on the Water
Stellar
Take It Off
Take Me Out
Thunder Kiss '65
Unsung

GH2
Beast and the Harlot
Carry On Wayward Son *
Cherry Pie
Free Bird *
Freya
Heart-Shaped Box
Killing in the Name *
Laid to Rest
Message in a Bottle *
Monkey Wrench
Mother
Psychobilly Freakout
Shout at the Devil
Stop
Them Bones *
Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart
The Trooper
Woman
YYZ

GH3
Barracuda *
Cult of Personality (Original)
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Lay Down
Miss Murder
Raining Blood
Rock and Roll All Nite
Through the Fire and Flames *

GH 80s
Ain't Nothin' But a Good Time *
Caught in a Mosh
Electric Eye
I Wanna Rock *
Play With Me
Round and Round

GH Aerosmith
Back in the Saddle

This game might actually be worth playing if they can tone down all the neon glow thats slathered over these games.

ah shoot... i gots a ps3. oh well, Jane' Addiction's Nothing Shocking album comes out this week. There' seriously a lot of albums coming out like every 2 weeks now.

Latest posts

Back