All-Star Superman Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

This is just me throwing some ideas together...

One of Superman's deeds to to defeat the Tyrant Sun. I'm guessing that the Tyrant Sun is either Earth's sun, transformed due to Lex's tampering at the start of the series, or Lex himself, with the powers of Superman. (Parasite did describe Superman's power "like a sun.")

I'd guess it's Solaris, the Living Sun. Didn't he show up in Cadmus Labs?

This issue was beautiful. The art in this series has been magnificent. I'm going to miss All-Star Superman when it's finished. It just feels so perfect. It's been brilliantly crafted. It's a superb package.

This issue was beautiful. The art in this series has been magnificent. I'm going to miss All-Star Superman when it's finished. It just feels so perfect. It's been brilliantly crafted. It's a superb package.

We've still got the one-shots to look forward to.

You know... I didn't like this issue. It felt... very, very rushed. Just like Morrison looked up and saw it was #11 of 12 and had to finish it post-haste.

Hurm.

This means I only haven't enjoyed two issues (#6 and #11) out of 11. The other 9 I ADORE.

So I'm still happy.

You know... I didn't like this issue. It felt... very, very rushed. Just like Morrison looked up and saw it was #11 of 12 and had to finish it post-haste.

Hurm.

This means I only haven't enjoyed two issues (#6 and #11) out of 11. The other 9 I ADORE.

So I'm still happy.

Phh...

My response to this issue: ...yyyyYYYESSS!!

Everything was great. Superman's new costume, Lex's powers and most important...Nathalthia! A great nod to Lex's sidekicks in the Superman movies with a typically All-Star twist. I also loved Luthor's Lair and all of the fun stuff in it.

Last edited:
I got the first HC from the library today and I've already read issues 1 through 5. Why must the Vol. 2 HC be coming out 7 frakkin' months from now?!?

#12 was beautiful. I was humming the Superman tune the whole way through. My favourite part of this series has been the colours. So vibrant.

My favorite line was when superman tells Lex Luthor that if Lex really had cared, he could have saved the world anytime he wanted to.

The thing I liked best about this series was how it set up the Superman-Lex Luthor dynamic so well.

#12 was beautiful. I was humming the Superman tune the whole way through. My favourite part of this series has been the colours. So vibrant.

I didn't even know #12 was out!

Geez. You have a kid and you miss all the important stuff.

yeah so allstar superman....

...pretty good. Gravity gun bit was awsome. Also how everyone thinks superman is just pretending to be clark for this one scene..."you've got the real clark safe at your fortress or something right?". and a nice picture of supes 'working' the sun

... I thought it was a bit rubbish. I'm really disappointed.

I had my Superman theme tune playing loudly as I read it.

I just didn't enjoy it at all. I'll need to reread it again with the previous 11. But at the moment... I'm really disappointed. :(

Ah, well.

Latest posts

Back