All-Star Superman Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

"Your doctor really did get held up, Regan."

"It's never as bad as it seems."

I absolutely love Morrisonisms like that. It sounds small and insignificant, but there's a lot of power in how those two sentences are separated and how they go together. What power there is in that little reassuring sentence. I guess you could call it a writing tic but that always seemed to insinuate weakness...I think it's very strong even though he uses it with many different characters.

That probably doesn't make a lot of sense...it's just one of those instantly recognizable things he does and I love it.

Reading that page made me angry with myself for forgetting just how wonderful a book this was. I picked it up as individual issues for about the first 6 or so, and can't remember why I stopped...I hate my busy life.

Will definitly pick up the collected edition later this year.

If you click that, it should open up in a higher resolution.

Nah, it still won't show up. Oh well, I'll see it eventually, because I'm definitely buying this. All-Star Superman is one of my favorite comics that I own. The only other "Absolute Edition" that I own is League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol. I. Do all Absolute Editions usually include the same stuff?

I cannot wait...

I already have the loose comics, the trades, and have the Absolute edition preordered.

Oh wow. If that is intentional, that is absolutely incredible and might double my appreciation of it.

Also sorry, yeah, that is pretty wowgasm.

It's just a pity there's no point in the story where Superman gives a Superman Wink at Quintum, to let him know that he's in on the big secret. That would have been perfect.

[video=youtube;_GiTICwebYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GiTICwebYs&feature=fvsr[/video]

Anybody else think the wrestler in that video bears an uncanny resemblance to Quitely's Superman?

Anybody else think the wrestler in that video bears an uncanny resemblance to Quitely's Superman?

That just made my day.

I think some of Quitely's artwork resembles Quitely himself; some artists have a tendency to do that for some reason (like Jack Kirby).

Last edited:
I should mention though that while I do consider Quitely's art beautiful, I don't really like his "design" for Superman that much.

I feel the same way about Alex Ross' Superman.

I should mention though that while I do consider Quitely's art beautiful, I don't really like his "design" for Superman that much.

I feel the same way about Alex Ross' Superman.

What's your favorite design for Superman then?

Latest posts

Back