Spider-Man Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 (Discussion/Spoilers)

Although I do like BND for the most part, I don't care much for McKone and I have a feeling the jackpot reveal is going to be anticlimactic.

you were right, it was.

It would have been a decent story if they hadn't hyped it up as such a big deal.

Although I do like BND for the most part, I don't care much for McKone and I have a feeling the jackpot reveal is going to be anticlimactic.
Anticlimactic it was.

Jackpot was indeed NOT Mary-Jane (sorry Houde :p). Instead Jackpot was some made up person who *bought* the civilian and hero identity of the real Sara Ehret/Jackpot. The real Sara didn't want to become a hero so she dropped out of the Initiative and when the other girl came along (real name Alana...something. Forgot last name) she wanted to 'make a difference' and began this whole ordeal. She was a regular human who was doping up on MGH and whatever else she could find. Spider-Man B&E'ed into her home and found a drawer full of different drugs. They argued, Spider-Man left.

In this annual, they were fighting a villain named "Blindside" who when he touches you, temporarily blinds you with some neurotoxins (sp?) that'll mix into your body. So after an argument, Spider-Man ended up fighting Blindside again at his home (he got the info from Alana that she had) but he wasn't alone. Villain girlfriend in the house, ya'll!

As they had the upper hand on Spider-Man, Jackpot (still Alana) came along to help, but got touched by Blindside. In the end, Jackpot dies because of the toxins from Blindside mixed with all the drugs. Spider-Man brings the Jackpot costume to the real Sara and tells her that she has the responsibility to do the right thing. So it ends with Sara staring into a box with the Jackpot costume.

I did enjoy the art, which was excellent.

Overall: 2.5/5

Latest posts

Back