Spider-Man Amazing Spider-Man "New Ways to Die" discussion (#568-573) (spoilers)

But in Part 1, didn't Martin Li say that Eddie's cancer was (already) completely gone, or did I misread it? His cancer goes away in the backup story, and I assume that it was because of Li's touch. But if that's so, and the backup story does take place after Part 1, then how do you explain Eddie becoming Anti-Venom in Part 2? Is it because of the Negative particles Li put into Eddie's body?
Hmm. I don't have the issue with me, so I can't check to be sure myself.

I do remember Li saying he was healed, though. And when Li touched him again, I had thought that was him making Eddie have the Venom things again.

Last edited:
So I broke down and read Spider-Man again. I swore it off after OMD.

But I wanted to see Spider-Man vs The Thunderbolts since The Thunderbolts came together, and the idea of Anti-Venom vs Venom and the new Goblin against Osbourne interested me.

This would be a kickass arc if OMD didn't ruin it also. Spider-Man knows people forgot his identity, does that mean he remembers the deal or the marriage? I don't know. It doesn't make sense!

So I broke down and read Spider-Man again. I swore it off after OMD.

But I wanted to see Spider-Man vs The Thunderbolts since The Thunderbolts came together, and the idea of Anti-Venom vs Venom and the new Goblin against Osbourne interested me.

This would be a kickass arc if OMD didn't ruin it also. Spider-Man knows people forgot his identity, does that mean he remembers the deal or the marriage? I don't know. It doesn't make sense!

It is a little confusing. I'm not sure, but I think we're not supposed to know yet what he means by "Nobody knows. Everything WE did is still up and running".

Every interview I've read says that he and MJ, as a result of BND, were meant to marry, but didn't, for an as-of-yet-undisclosed reason.

Well as I recall from OMD a second deal was made with MJ for everyone to forget Peter's identity. This action is separate from the reality change. It was like a second reality memory wipe where everyone and everything forget his identity. The thing is no one seems to notice that happen. Now Marvel has a really good chance at building something out of it. What happens when Doc Strange notice this strict contradiction in reality? Where will it lead? It could build to a big Infinite Crisis deal where something more is going on behind the scenes. But knowing Joe Q he'll settle for the completely ****ty, unoriginal, and idiotic explanation "it's magic"

New Ways to Die is defintiely the best arc since Back in Black
but Norman Osborn will do that. The cover for this week's issue with Spidey and GG fighting was awesome, but disappointing since it never happend in the book.

But I'm thinking Menace is Harry's misguided attempt to help Bill Hollister's campain.

Latest posts

Back