Arrow show on CW (Spoilers)

It was so satisfying to have everyone call Oliver on his bull**** after he came back from the dead again. Such a great reversal of season one. Hopefully this is a sign of the brighter show that's been rumored to come. I wouldn't mind if a bright live action DC universe was alive on TV while a dark one was in the theaters. One gets to act like it's important while the other one shows it's importance by focusing on the humanity of the characters while delivering fun stories on a weekly basis. What would be even more brilliant is to have a Crisis...

Considering Flash is pretty "light" (at least compared to Arrow the the new DC Cinematic Universe), I'd say we already have that.

Considering Flash is pretty "light" (at least compared to Arrow the the new DC Cinematic Universe), I'd say we already have that.

I meant a completely bright one. Flash and Arrow would both be bright as well as any other shows in that universe.

I like how this universe went from "we're calling a chemical plant Metamorpho because the character is too unrealistic to actually do in the show" to "there's a a psychic gorilla running around in the sewers"

I like how this universe went from "we're calling a chemical plant Metamorpho because the character is too unrealistic to actually do in the show" to "there's a a psychic gorilla running around in the sewers"

Yup. Its a natural transition too, well... at least as natural as you can get with super heroes (in terms of a world without meta humans to a world now with them, due to the STAR Labs explosion in the Flash pilot).

It'll be interesting to see how they approach Vixen (since her powers in the comics stem from a totem and I presume are somewhat magical in nature, which if thats how they do it will bring in magic to the equation).

Interesting twist last night. I didn't see that coming. Essentially replacing Batman with Ollie in the Ras al Gul, "be my successor" storyline. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. But now I am more interested to see how this moves forward the rest of the season. And, I have to watch again but, I am pretty sure Ras made a reference to meeting a guy in 18 something. Which seems to indicate that Ras does indeed have some type of lazarus pit in the TV u.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting twist last night. I didn't see that coming. Essentially replacing Batman with Ollie in the Ras al Gul, "be my successor" storyline. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. But now I am more interested to see how this moves forward the rest of the season. And, I have to watch again but, I am pretty sure Ras made a reference to meeting a guy in 18 something. Which seems to indicate that Ras does indeed have some type of lazarus pit in the TV u.

Yeah, he definitely made reference to being alive in the 1800's. So apparently this version of Ra's is essentially immortal. Also, in the next few episodes (once it returns in mid March) it's been confirmed that we'll see Lazarus Pits.

I wondered if that was a Lazarus Pit or just his bath. Guess now we know. Calling it, they're going to use that pit to resurrect Sara at some point. Of course, that likely means her body wasn't actually in the coffin they buried, but is likely in cryogenic storage somewhere.

I just assumed it was a bath. But after seeing this, Report: FLASH/ARROW Superhero Team Spin-Off Comingl

"According to Deadline Thursday evening, the CW are in the early stages of development of an untitled new DC superhero team-up show spinning out of the CW's Arrow and The Flash, with Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, and Caity Lotz starring.

Routh would reprise his role as Ray Palmer/Atom, with Garber reprising his role as Dr. Martin Stein, and Miller returning as Captain Cold. It's unclear as yet what role Lotz will play, as her character Sara Lance/Black Canary was killed off in Arrow."

So you might be right on.

From TV Line:

Question: Anything cool coming up on Arrow? —Julie
Ausiello
:The show's Season 3 finale will introduce a major, formidable, fierce new foe for Oliver, and his reign of terror will continue well into Season 4. The mysterious character is being referred to internally as
"Damian Dark," which got Matt Mitovich and I (but mostly MM) pulling up and skimming the Wiki page of one Damian Wayne. Get it? Damian Wayne. Son of the Dark Knight. They'd probably have to tweak the Bruce Wayne connection, but it's a plausible theory, no?

Last edited:
From TV Line:

Question: Anything cool coming up on Arrow? —Julie
Ausiello
:The show's Season 3 finale will introduce a major, formidable, fierce new foe for Oliver, and his reign of terror will continue well into Season 4. The mysterious character is being referred to internally as
"Damian Dark," which got Matt Mitovich and I (but mostly MM) pulling up and skimming the Wiki page of one Damian Wayne. Get it? Damian Wayne. Son of the Dark Knight. They'd probably have to tweak the Bruce Wayne connection, but it's a plausible theory, no?

Wait... what?

They're going to introduce
Damian Wayne
? Odd...

wow. I need to get caught up on this. The last episode I watched is the one where he get's stabbed by R'as Al Ghul and kicked off a cliff.

So now that Suicide Squad and Ted lord have both been cut out of Arrow for a movie and whatever what's gonna happen to The Flash...

Last edited:
So now that Suicide Squad and Ted lord have both been cut out of Arrow for a movie and whatever what's gonna happen to The Flash...

Given its popularity its sticking around for the time being. And given that the Flash series will be done with its fourth season by then, I figure Flash may be the exception in terms of them not doubling up on movie and TV versions of the various heroes (Batman too, in a way, with Gotham on Fox). I expect the suit design for the Flash film will also be noticeably different to create a clear distinction between the two for the general audience.

Latest posts

Back