Art by Johnny Freeze

yakuzaupdateb.jpg

Just absolutely awesome, can't to see the final product

thanx Randy :D

as you can see this is the update for today, i reworked the yoshinoya sign a little and still need to add the kanji but i straightened up some things around that area because the lines were really wonky :s
also added the yakuza. might add a couple more, see how it goes

its at the point now where the more i do to it, the harder it gets but so far i cant be happier with this piece. Id say its my best work to date and probably the last decent piece ill do

yakuzaswansong.jpg

FINISHED!!

I switched the stance of the central character because while he was facing the other way it looked to much like he wanted to pop into yoshinoya and order some food.

it probably took me at LEAST 6 hours in total to create this one, making it the most time consuming piece to date. Im happy enough with it so far as to say that its my most detailed and best piece of work to date also.
Perfect for my "swan song"......Ill take my bow ;D

Last edited:
yakuzaswansong.jpg

FINISHED!!

I switched the stance of the central character because while he was facing the other way it looked to much like he wanted to pop into yoshinoya and order some food.

it probably took me at LEAST 6 hours in total to create this one, making it the most time consuming piece to date. Im happy enough with it so far as to say that its my most detailed and best piece of work to date also.
Perfect for my "swan song"......Ill take my bow ;D
*****in'

im back briefly. wanted to show off some new art to you guys :D

i recently drew the poster for our societies halloween social event:
halloweenyakuzab.jpg

the head of our department was impressed with it and i might be in talks to draw some stuff for the university :D

this next piece i have made for my friend who is on the "tigers" basketball team:
tigersa.jpg

this next one is a work in progress. im not even too sure where im headed with it:
yakuzaworkinprogress.jpg

i hope you guys like the updates (^_^)b

Out of ****ing nowhere!
my latest yakuza themed piece:
revenge.jpg

and a quick iron man one i did:
tonystark.jpg

and last but not least, i leave you with a christmas gift:
74446_dec_1_r_1280_123_51lo.jpg

you guys can unwrap her on christmas day ;)

merry christmas to all you UC`ers and a happy new year.

Ho Ho Ho! etc

Last edited:
thanx Randy. can always count on my fellow Flash homey (^_^)b

for anyone still interested in my work, i have a preview of a really big project im working on. you can probably figure out what im up to:

yakuzamanga.jpg

thanx Randy. can always count on my fellow Flash homey (^_^)b

for anyone still interested in my work, i have a preview of a really big project im working on. you can probably figure out what im up to:

yakuzamanga.jpg

No idea but I can't freakin' wait

strip.jpg

you can probably guess a little better when its put together like this. the panels wont be in this sequence, i just put them together to see what they are like all paneled up. the missing panels are still being worked on, no dialogue has been added yet of course and the background behind the car on the top panel needs doing in this case.
but im not sure how far i can carry this project because facial expressions for me are a bit of a problem. unless i could give everyone their own notable feature like scars or hairstyle or other certain individual things everyone is gonna end up looking the same :s.
if i ever managed to finish this id be interested in turning it into a non-animated flash cartoon with music themes from japanese drama because actually some of the themes in j drama are really well composed. i think they would make it really powerful.

ah well, ill keep at it. ganbarimasu!

I don't really know what it is but it looks damn neat. Nice job.

strip.jpg

you can probably guess a little better when its put together like this. the panels wont be in this sequence, i just put them together to see what they are like all paneled up. the missing panels are still being worked on, no dialogue has been added yet of course and the background behind the car on the top panel needs doing in this case.
but im not sure how far i can carry this project because facial expressions for me are a bit of a problem. unless i could give everyone their own notable feature like scars or hairstyle or other certain individual things everyone is gonna end up looking the same :s.
if i ever managed to finish this id be interested in turning it into a non-animated flash cartoon with music themes from japanese drama because actually some of the themes in j drama are really well composed. i think they would make it really powerful.

ah well, ill keep at it. ganbarimasu!
Excellent work with the panels. Great job breaking it up and still making it come out nicely.

finished another frame yay!

yakuzahome.jpg

well, if you still couldnt guess, im working on my own manga.
it started originally after i had made those pieces with the yakuza and the girl like the alleyway one. people asked me what the story was with it and i had managed to come up with a basic concept which in my mind i expanded greatly since then to the point where i really wanted to find a way to express it. im definitely not good enough to write it in story form so i decided to try doing it like this

I am continuously impressed by how rich JonnyFreeze's art gets over time: He puts a great amount of attention to coloring and highlights, and the line work is growing increasingly confident every time. I wish I could make my computer art this awesome.

I am continuously impressed by how rich JonnyFreeze's art gets over time: He puts a great amount of attention to coloring and highlights, and the line work is growing increasingly confident every time. I wish I could make my computer art this awesome.

thanks ourchair :D
that was one of the reasons i decided to make my almost completely black and white because it would give me more time but even so it is gonna take a long time to complete the project :s

earlier today i kinda missed the drive i used to have to make comic book related art. so i decided to just start a one-off piece for whenever i wanna take a break from my current work.
heres the progress so far:

newhulk.jpg

im probably gonna re-do his eyes though because they look kinda buggy lol.
originally i was just gonna draw hulk but i actually might turn this into an epic. throw in a background, maybe another character in the foreground

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back