Avatar: The Last Air Bender (Spoilers!)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Anyone besides me checks out this show on Nickelodeon? For those who don't know what the hell this is, the show is about a boy, who is 112 years old (but looks like a 12 year old and has an arrow on his bald head), and is an Air Bender. An Air Bender is someone who can manipulate air and use it for whatever means, including making a "wind ball" that you can sit and ride on like a fast car. There are 4 types of benders, one for each element: Air, Water, Earth, and Fire. The Avatar is the only person that is able to know all 4 elements. Now, the Fire nation are a group of people who want to dominate. So they wiped out a lot of the other benders. The boy (forgot the name, hehe) is the last Air Bender (hence the title). He is also the avatar, but does not know all of the elements. After he ran away from his 'people' (I can explain that later if anyone is interested), he had disappered for over 100 years.

To fully stop the Fire nation from utter domination, the Avatar has to learn all the element bending skills to be able to stop them, and of course their leader, teh Fire Lord.

This is a very interesting show, and I wish I watched from the very beginnng. Definetly recommend people to watch it since it doesnt really look like something that was made for toddlers or anything.

Yeah, the first episode aired in NZ a few weeks ago. Not sure if it's still going on though...

But yeah, it was cool. Interesting concept.

icemastertron said:
Anyone besides me checks out this show on Nickelodeon? For those who don't know what the hell this is, the show is about a boy, who is 112 years old (but looks like a 12 year old and has an arrow on his bald head), and is an Air Bender. An Air Bender is someone who can manipulate air and use it for whatever means, including making a "wind ball" that you can sit and ride on like a fast car. There are 4 types of benders, one for each element: Air, Water, Earth, and Fire. The Avatar is the only person that is able to know all 4 elements. Now, the Fire nation are a group of people who want to dominate. So they wiped out a lot of the other benders. The boy (forgot the name, hehe) is the last Air Bender (hence the title). He is also the avatar, but does not know all of the elements. After he ran away from his 'people' (I can explain that later if anyone is interested), he had disappered for over 100 years.

To fully stop the Fire nation from utter domination, the Avatar has to learn all the element bending skills to be able to stop them, and of course their leader, teh Fire Lord.

This is a very interesting show, and I wish I watched from the very beginnng. Definetly recommend people to watch it since it doesnt really look like something that was made for toddlers or anything.
I catch this once in awhile, but I'm not really impressed by it.

It's still a very laudable effort, one of the first Western animation productions I've seen that tries to incorporate an epic narrative into animated TV series format and a huge step forward for the studio that produced Totally Spies and Martin Mystery.

Incidentally, I think the waterbending and airbending powers would make a great computer game if applied properly.

Avatar (Maybe some spoilers later)

I know a lot of you guys watch cartoons, I admit that I also have a weakness for animation. I watch a few cartoons on tv. Besides most of everything on adult swim, I like Drawn Together, South Park and... Avatar.

This is a really innovative show, I really haven't got to see that much of it mostly because I don't know when it comes on, but I think I just watched the season finale of it and it was an hour and a half long. It was crazy, I was totally caught up. It's not as good as Full Metal Alchemist but it is good sh!t. If anybody else watches this let me know what you think about it. If you don't watch it, check it out it comes on Nickelodeon. It kinda is based in asian mythology, but not. I can't really talk to much about it, unless I talk about. So I guess I'm about to change this into a Spoiler thread as well. Anyway tell me if you guys like this show or have even seen it.

Re: Avatar (Maybe some spoilers later)

I've seen the pilot episode. That is all. It was good, and I want to see more, but Nickelodeon always plays it at weird times and I forget about it.

ProjectX2 said:
I've seen the pilot episode. That is all. It was good, and I want to see more, but Nickelodeon always plays it at weird times and I forget about it.

yea, I feel you. I've only seen this final episode and a few others because of the same reason but it is a good show. Seriously, no one else has seen this show? Well I'm still recommending it you guys should check it out. 4 out 5 stars.

this show is awesome! ESPECIALLY for nickelodeon. good story, good animation, awesome show!

Re: Avatar: The Last Air Bender.

whoops, didn't know there was another thread here. Still, the point is, watch this show.

i also love this show :) i like how it feels its inspired by the thought process behind anime, and not just its aesthetic treatment. the attention to detail, landscape, characterization, and storyline is fantastic. the three main characters are also awesome, because they're not part of the cliche you're used to.

i don't catch this as often as i like, because the nick here in asia/philippines doesn't let you know when they've run out of episodes, or start up on new ones. it's REALLY frustrating. i'd love to get this on DVD.

also, i think the action sequences are AMAZING. i think earth-benders look the coolest too, with all the hand/leg movement and awesome sound effects.

I found this site, if you register, it allows you to download all the episodes of Season 1, which is 20 of them.

I downloaded them all, and made my own custom DVDs. :D

http://www.avataraang.com/

Yeap, I've done it, too. Some episodes I've seen, but I'm seeing all of it from the very beggning. It's a damn fine show, and even better than I expected. The animation and story is great, along side with the fighting. I love the prince of the Fire Nation's uncle. He's a great character that brings in some humor as well as the heroes of the show. I can't wait to download the rest. Currently, I just finished episode 6.

I'm up to 12. That truly is a great site. The host is even taking suggestions to other shows he can upload, so join me and suggest Fullmetal Alchemist! :D

Hell yes. I just saw all of Season 1. Awesome cliffhanger.

Zuko and his Uncle are declared traitors to the Fire Nation, and the Firelord sends Zuko's "secret" sister after them!

icemastertron said:
Now, the Fire nation are a group of people who want to dominate. So they wiped out a lot of the other benders.

I wish fire would stop getting such disrespect. Forget English Gentleman, Fire is the new villain of choice. Cut the guy a break, I'm sick of these tired misconceptions that fire is evil and nasty. Once you get close to it, it's actually very nice and gentle. There's nothing quite like putting your hand in a fire and feeling it's friendly licks of warmth on your fingers. Now air, that's another question. I don't trust anything that's not only invisible, but has you surrounded to boot.

Bender.

*snigger*

Last edited:

ProjectX2 said:
I'm up to 12. That truly is a great site. The host is even taking suggestions to other shows he can upload, so join me and suggest Fullmetal Alchemist! :D
Ha. I laugh at you silly Americans. Look at you, begging for whatever animated handouts you can get, like a bunch of Communist mongrels!

Here in Asia, there are no copyright cops and the streets are littered with First World intellectual property!

We have ripped the music of Europe. Stolen the films of Hollywood. And we have robbed the animation of Japan.

And as the cogs of our media reproduction facilities whir, duplicating all your precious pop culture, we fornicate as a gesture of defiance.

Latest posts

Back