Can't be Namor as he is a Fantastic Four character and I'd doubt FOX would let him be used.

Possibly not. It seems the rights to Namor may have gone back to Marvel. Universal apparently had them for a solo movie but failed. Check out Kevin Feige's comments.

"Marvel's senior executive Kevin Feige seemed to have cleared up the first problem last week during an interview with Collider.com. When asked which studios own which comic character's rights, Feige specifically noted that "Universal [Studios] doesn't have anything." Universal was the only studio contractually allowed to use Namor, and they were planning a solo movie for the character up until 2009, when both a tentative script and director fell through. "

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18105

mike3717 said:
Possibly not. It seems the rights to Namor may have gone back to Marvel. Universal apparently had them for a solo movie but failed. Check out Kevin Feige's comments.

"Marvel's senior executive Kevin Feige seemed to have cleared up the first problem last week during an interview with Collider.com. When asked which studios own which comic character's rights, Feige specifically noted that "Universal [Studios] doesn’t have anything." Universal was the only studio contractually allowed to use Namor, and they were planning a solo movie for the character up until 2009, when both a tentative script and director fell through. "

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18105

I completely forgot about that.

For some reason, I thought Iron Man was running from a robotic Fin Fang Foom at the end.

Also, I think that the nature of their powers and the whole "Hank beat Jan" fiasco makes Ant-Man and the Wasp difficult to adapt to film. Or at least, that makes executives think twice about using them.

Even though it looks better on film than in photos, I can't help but think Captain America's helmet looks a little weird.

Friday said:
The Hulk'll rip it in two. Then Iron man'll take out Death Wurm at Range and Cap'll get Life Wurm.

So I watched the trailer. It looks great. I can't wait.

I just hope Hulk doesn't try to go for its throat.

When Hulk catches Tony and starts sliding down the building. That was the sweetest thing I'd ever seen. It's like "Kate and Leo holding hands until Leo drowns in the cold Atlantic" sweet.

DARKKNIGHT said:
Even though it looks better on film than in photos, I can't help but think Captain America's helmet looks a little weird.

Yeah it definitely does look weird. Don't know how but it just does

That is exactly how I felt.

It was even more 'touching' as far as the trailer's narrative goes, since Banner is the one who expresses his concern for their viability as a functional group when he says, "We're not a team, we're a time bomb."

If a trailer is to be believed -- and admittedly it hardly is -- this positions Banner as the team's heart at least in a limited fashion.

That is exactly how I felt.

It was even more 'touching' as far as the trailer's narrative goes, since Banner is the one who expresses his concern for their viability as a functional group when he says, "We're not a team, we're a time bomb."

If a trailer is to be believed -- and admittedly it hardly is -- this positions Banner as the team's heart at least in a limited fashion.

There's definitely some cynicism to Banner, probably from the feeling of being slighted by and then forced to work for the government. He almost fits as a political prisoner. At the same time, there's probably still the feeling of redemption and showing he has much to atone for so you kinda get both sides of the emotional spectrum. Whether the movie can or will reflect that remains to be seen. I definitely feel Banner is one of the more under appreciated heroes of the MU and, although I would have rather seen Norton, I'm eager to see how Banner's character plays out.

CBR:

SXSW took place over the weekend and Joss Whedon had a huge panel where he spoke to everything from "Cabin in the Woods" to "The Avengers," revealing a whole plethora of material. Collider put together a round-up of the many relevant quotes during Whedon's SXSW panel, including the revelation of the final 2 hour 15 minute runtime of Earth's Mightiest Movie, the total lack of references to his own work within Marvel's comic landscape and teasing the alien race of Loki's army.

"I will say only this: It is not the Kree or the Skrulls," Whedon said. "Those two aliens are Marvel mainstays and have enormous backstories. They have a big life of their own that just could not be contained in a film where I already had seven movie stars… The Skrulls -- they can shape change. That's a whole thing. I've already got Loki. He's got magic. Once you got magic along with your Iron Man and your Black Widow -- it's a real juggling act."

Latest posts

Back