Did anyone else notice that the slide by Hawkeye past the aliens was in the first trailer but no aliens were around him? Seems like theyre still piling on the awesome.

I'm still thinking they're from the other 7 realms.

I agree. That seems most likely anyway. I have seen speculation that the transformer snake thing is the world serpent. That could be cool.

Saw Friday post this on his twitter and this was infinitely more appealing than the trailers release stateside

Yeah it def got me psyched. I especially liked the Japanese voice over guy saying "Avengers". It reminded me of the fight between the city wok guy and the city sushi guy on south park. :D

Now, this may be just me, but is anyone else bothered that Thor is never wearing his helmet in these movies? I mean I know Tony and Steve are going to wear their's in the movies and the "maskless" publicity shots are just so they get Chris Evan's and Robert Downey Jr's faces on the posters but Thor not wearing his doesn't even make sense. It doesn't even cover his face up and when he wore it in the beginning of his own movie it looked badass! I'm all for redefinition of costumes in the movies but if they're going for an obstensively "Classic" Thor look then the helmet is necessary. I just think it's an asthetic mistake and it's not too important, but it just bothers me.

He wore the helmet in his movie. But I'm fine with him without the helmet. I don't think they're going for the classic look as much as a bit of mixed with the ultimate look.

Last edited:
bluebeast said:
Now, this may be just me, but is anyone else bothered that Thor is never wearing his helmet in these movies? I mean I know Tony and Steve are going to wear their's in the movies and the "maskless" publicity shots are just so they get Chris Evan's and Robert Downey Jr's faces on the posters but Thor not wearing his doesn't even make sense. It doesn't even cover his face up and when he wore it in the beginning of his own movie it looked badass! I'm all for redefinition of costumes in the movies but if they're going for an obstensively "Classic" Thor look then the helmet is necessary. I just think it's an asthetic mistake and it's not too important, but it just bothers me.

And hide those golden locks? I think not.

"Spinoff Online has posted two new TV spots for "The Avengers" that gives us the first close-up look at Loki's otherworldly army -- and they don't really look like aliens. In fact, they closely resemble the Disir, the exiled Valkyries who are currently playing a big role in Marvel's "Journey Into Mystery" ongoing series."

[video=youtube;lwxDZFmo54o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwxDZFmo54o[/video]

Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good Please be good

"Spinoff Online has posted two new TV spots for "The Avengers" that gives us the first close-up look at Loki's otherworldly army -- and they don't really look like aliens. In fact, they closely resemble the Disir, the exiled Valkyries who are currently playing a big role in Marvel's "Journey Into Mystery" ongoing series."

Called it.

It really wasn't even the rights issues with the Skrulls, with Loki as the Big Bad, it just smelt wrong to use the Skrulls (and according to Latino Review; Thanos). Also, asked around with several IP Law experts, Marvel/Disney can make a Spidey/FF/X-Men any time they want, as they are the original IP holder, but they don't/won't out of courtesy (or as to not burn bridges if favors/money are ever need), also would be confusing to have Disney's Fantastic Four, and Fox's Fantastic Four coming out at the same time. With that, they can legally use Skrulls (Fantastic Four IP), Magneto (X-Men IP), or even Kingpin (Technically a Spider-man IP).

Hmm, that's cool.

What's an IP? Intellectual property?

Yup, IP = Intellectual Property.

It was explained to me like this; I design a character for myself, I license it to you to make lunch boxes. I still retain all reproduction rights, so I could also make lunch boxes with said character. I choose not to because I feel each of us making lunch boxes could pollute my IP, by confusing the potential customers. Also, since I'm receiving royalties from you without having to put in any of my money, your lunch boxes are making me free income.

Also, doing some snooping, most people operate on the "As long as Fox/Sony keeps making movies, they get to keep their access to Marvel IPs". That's mostly incorrect. In most cases, the licensing agreements made in the 90's have either expired or been renegotiated. A lot times the licensing is "You have the right to make a movie based on my IP for x years" or "You have the right to make X number of movies"; a great example of the former is X-Men, Fox had a 3 picture deal. They're on movie 5, because Fox has made Marvel pretty decent money, and hasn't polluted the IP, but if Marvel decided "Hey, let's make an X-Men movie", they have the right to go to Fox and say "Thank you for your movies, but you're done now".

IP rights can get muddy, and I'm sure I misremembered some stuff, but this is the explanations given to me by an "expert" in his field.

I love this new clip. Of course I am a little in love with Scarlett Johansson.

[video=youtube;JCqfncpIjJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JCqfncpIjJM[/video]

Latest posts

Back