This is a pitch I think could really work. It's not only because all of the characters are balanced evenly, but the Avengers go up against the biggest of their rogues gallery. I'd still love to see a Kree Skrull War, but I doubt that would see movie theaters.

Yeah, I really don't think aliens would work in the movieverse. I'm surprized how well it worked in Ultimates, but on the big screen it would just feel odd. Specially since they seem to be going to the govt. sponsored super-team route

CBR:

Speaking of casting rumors, the word from Oh No They Didn't is that actress Eva Longoria is in the running to play Janet Van Dyne -- better known as The Wasp -- in an eventual team-up project, backed up by photos of her allegedly in Marvel's garage with a handful of comics.

Not an entirely bad thing. I can't say that means she'd be a crap Wasp, but I guess it's dependent on the script and how she approaches the role.

In any case, I'd be pleasantly amused if Wasp's ethnicity keeps changing in various incarnations - a WASP in 616, a model minority Asian filled with self-loathing in Ultimates, and hypothetically, a petite Latina with monogamy issues in an Avengers movie.

Or...you know.... she may just be a comic geek getting autographs.

She's there with her agent, It definitely seems like a meeting about the movies. Plus this is Marvel Studios, not Marvel Comics.

normal_evalongoriamarvelcomics-3.jpg

I'm not sure that it's The Wasp, everyone seems to just be jumping to that conclusion. She could very well be playing a character in the Thor or Captain America movie. (Though her stack of comics is topped by an Avengers comic).

I could definitely see her as Janet, though. In both an Ant-Man movie and the Avengers movie.

The comics she was seen holding appear to be the New Avengers Annual (which I don't believe has the wasp in it) and Marvel Adventures Fantastic Four. I'm not buying it.

What I'm not buying is that Eva "Geeks make me uncomfortable" Longoria would step foot in Marvel Studios without having her eye on a specific part.

Maybe they just handed her some free comics. I don't know. Why doesn't somebody check to see if any character crosses over between the two comics.

She looks kinda "waspy" in that pic. I'd like to see her in a skimpy wasp costume.

Yeah.... that nice black and yellow latex number she's sporting over in MA.

*drool*

She looks kinda "waspy" in that pic. I'd like to see her in a skimpy wasp costume.
I disagree. I think she looks more like a soccer mom who secretly thinks she's the hot mom.

Also, I know he's already done one big name comic book movie role, but Aaron Eckhart would make a wonderful Pym next to Longoria.

I disagree. I think she looks more like a soccer mom who secretly thinks she's the hot mom.

This just in. Sarah Palin will be portraying Wasp in the Avengers movie.

ourchair said:
Also, I know he's already done one big name comic book movie role, but Aaron Eckhart would make a wonderful Pym next to Longoria.

Yes! Eckhart would be a perfect Pym, with or without Eva Longoria.

I don't think she's that bad... Before the show went to hell, aka after the first season, I thought she was quite good in Desperate Housewives.
I know it's like damning her with faint praise, but she wasn't half bad in The Sentinel and she's not exactly intolerable in the later seasons of Housewives.

Like I've said so about many other actors, I reserve judgment until they've actually really had a chance to suck badly in a part that was designed for showcasing one's talents.

I don't think she's that bad... Before the show went to hell, aka after the first season, I thought she was quite good in Desperate Housewives.

Eh, I'll give her Desperate Houswives since she plays one in real life. The Sentinel, however, wasn't all that great and she didn't help either. Those chipmunk teeth are annoying.

CBR:

Director Jon Favreau is quoted at Sci Fi Wire talking Avengers and the Mandarin. "It's tough, because it first starts off as, 'Hey, wouldn't it be fun if we stuck a Captain America shield in the background? Wouldn't it be fun if we had Sam Jackson play Nick Fury, like in The Ultimate Avengers?' Now, between Captain America, S.H.I.E.L.D., Nick Fury and the after-the-credit scene that then in the 11th hour became the final scene of 'The [Incredible] Hulk,' that one was a big one for me. You're going to that guy, and you're forming a team. That's clearly not the day after 'Iron Man' ended. Where does that fit in the continuum? I don't want to just ignore it. I guess you could do what Marvel does and say it's an alternate universe [laughs]. They've gotten away with it for a couple of decades. But how do you make it all work within that world? Because I think it is fun, and I think 'Hulk' was successful in keeping in a tone that did not seem inconsistent with our film ... It's really all how you treat the person, and that's what informs what it is. And so the Mandarin, to have that kind of weight to him, it's really a matter of using all the narrative tricks to do it. But a dude running around in robes shooting these beams and rays that have powers, ... if you take them literally, [that] would throw off the balance of the whole universe ... How do you do it and keep the whole thing together and yet fulfill the expectations from the book? So we do have him, and I think it's something that, a little bit goes a long way. There are a lot of other characters and a lot of other countries that have become very interesting lately and fit very well into our universe."

Latest posts

Back