You do realize that those two images are from like, 2 years ago?

If you people expect me to create original humor than you've obviously underestimated my level of laziness.

still think a Ultimates V. 1 would work on film, even toned down. Make Hulk just go insane in new york (driven by the super-soldier serum and his own insecurities) sans eating people and horniness... hank would STILL have to beat jan a) for drama, as its damn fine drama, and not easy to watch, and b) so Cap can go beat his butt up. kleiser can still work even WITH the red skull if he is introduced in the movie as a moving force behind the nazis (kleiser, hitler, skull axis of nazi evil) and he can still be done without being a rehash...

and it wouldnt be the ultimates cartoon, as a) you have the star power of downey and norton (and presumably others) b) no black panther subplot c) hawkeye d) real, live actors.

i remain convinced that it would work, even if they had to tone down some inappropriate and unnecessary elements. like a lot of the hulk's personality.

You do realize that those two images are from like, 2 years ago?

If you people expect me to create original humor than you've obviously underestimated my level of laziness.

I figured it was from the time the movie came out. Unless you just have some weird undying love for Snakes on a Plane and can't let it go.

Which is probably just as likely.

still think a Ultimates V. 1 would work on film, even toned down. Make Hulk just go insane in new york (driven by the super-soldier serum and his own insecurities) sans eating people and horniness... hank would STILL have to beat jan a) for drama, as its damn fine drama, and not easy to watch, and b) so Cap can go beat his butt up. kleiser can still work even WITH the red skull if he is introduced in the movie as a moving force behind the nazis (kleiser, hitler, skull axis of nazi evil) and he can still be done without being a rehash...

and it wouldnt be the ultimates cartoon, as a) you have the star power of downey and norton (and presumably others) b) no black panther subplot c) hawkeye d) real, live actors.

i remain convinced that it would work, even if they had to tone down some inappropriate and unnecessary elements. like a lot of the hulk's personality.

*YAAAAAAAAAWN*

We are not going to see Hank beating Jan in the movie, for two reasons: time restrictions and appropriateness. The movie is going to be rated PG-13, not R and they aren't risk an R rating for one scene and again, critics and the general audience will think the movie too mean spirited. you may think its dramatic and worked in the comics, but critics will think its exploitive and crass. Something aimed comic geeks and something aimed at a general audience have different rules.

Also time restrictions this movie has 2 hours to tell a story. So hank beating Jan takes time away from the main story, without really adding to it, its time better spent else where.

We are not going to see Hank beating Jan in the movie, for two reasons: time restrictions and appropriateness. The movie is going to be rated PG-13, not R and they aren't risk an R rating for one scene and again, critics and the general audience will think the movie too mean spirited. you may think its dramatic and worked in the comics, but critics will think its exploitive and crass. Something aimed comic geeks and something aimed at a general audience have different rules.

Also time restrictions this movie has 2 hours to tell a story. So hank beating Jan takes time away from the main story, without really adding to it, its time better spent else where.

Exactly.

If we were talking about an Avengers live-action series aimed at adults on HBO or something, the Ultimates comic script would work well.

But we're not. We're talking about a movie that a large portion of the audience for it will be children with their parents. Hank *****-slapping Jan on the large screen probably isn't going to do a lot for that portion of the audience's opinion of the movie.

In the end, its about money. The studio realizes that by including something like spousal abuse in a super-hero movie they're going to alienate a large portion of their audience. This means less money and possible controversey. The studios would be shooting themselves in the foot to include that plot line from the Ultimates.

The same can be said about Hulk's cannibalism and threats of raping Freddie Prinze Jr.

Even if they made the same amount of money either way, there's still no way they should include that in a mainstream fist-pumping summer blockbuster. It works in the comics but it's not right for what it looks like this movie's going to be at all, even if it were rated R for other violence and not a single child saw it.

And Hulk Want Freddie Prinze Jr was the stupidest thing ever and almost ruined Ultimates 1. The celebrity name dropping was fun and relatable up until that point, but when that hit it was like a spoof.

Last edited:
And Hulk Want Freddie Prinze Jr was the stupidest thing ever and almost ruined Ultimates 1. The celebrity name dropping was fun and relatable up until that point, but when that hit it was like a spoof.

:shock:

Planet-man, What happened to you? You use to be cool. :noway::please:

Come on. It was kind of amusing, but it was just idiotic. Hulk rampaging through New York, talking about how horny he is and threatening to smash Freddie Prinze Jr...... where did this even come from?

Yeah but it was funny. Sure having every comic would be dumb but that once it was great.

CBR:

Comic Book Movie has quotes from director Jon Favreau in USA Today, talking about who Marvel has planned for their big team up. "The ones Marvel is talking about now are Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man and Iron Man," Favreau said. "I would love to see that."

Yeah but it was funny. Sure having every comic would be dumb but that once it was great.

Does anyone even remember who Freddie Prinze Jr is at this point? Seriously in 2008, dropping his name wouldn't make a lot of sense, he's the new Screech. It would be like mentioning Corey Haim.

Does anyone even remember who Freddie Prinze Jr is at this point? Seriously in 2008, dropping his name wouldn't make a lot of sense, he's the new Screech. It would be like mentioning Corey Haim.

Can we make this a poll?

"With Freddy Prinze Jr. now a dated cultural reference, what current celebrity should the Hulk sodomize in The Avengers?"

Last edited:
Can we make this a poll?

"With Freddy Prinze Jr. now a dated cultural reference, what current celebrity should the Hulk sodomize in The Avengers?"
Zac Efron.

It would be all kinds of hot.

Last edited:
CBR:

Comic Book Movie has quotes from director Jon Favreau in USA Today, talking about who Marvel has planned for their big team up. "The ones Marvel is talking about now are Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man and Iron Man," Favreau said. "I would love to see that."

Hmmmm. So maybe they will include Ant-Man after all. Of course, Favreau could be wrong, but he could also be right. And considering this info concerning the Ant-Man movie from Wikipedia:

Edgar Wright plans to direct an action-adventure film with some humorous elements, insisting that Ant-Man would not be a comedy like Fantastic Four or a spoof. The script has been written by Wright and Joe Cornish, who plan to include Henry Pym and Scott Lang as major characters, with Pym as Ant-Man in the 60's in Tales to Astonish style, and a flashforward to Lang as Ant-Man's successor in the 80's/90's.

On February 9, Wright said that the project was in "a holding pattern" while the script was revised, with casting yet to begin. The director reported that he would have news for the film in a few months. He has been researching nanotechnology for the film. As of March 2008, Wright told Empire magazine that a second draft of the script is being written. Known for being a comedic writer, the director noted that the film would not be overtly comedic, but that it would be "more of a full-on action adventure sci-fi film but with a comedic element."

So it looks like the script is being rewritten, probably to better fit in with the Avengers movie.

In fact, at this point, it looks like the Avengers movie will probably be out first, and the Ant-Man movie might serve as more of a spin-off of it.

I did like the idea of the first script with Pym being Ant-Man in the 60's and Lang taking up the mantle in the 80's, 90's, etc. I wonder if the rewrite won't abolish that storyline completely in favor of making the present day Ant-Man Pym.

I had some trouble coming up with what I want for an avengers movie, mainly because I don't know that much history about them and their villains to really integrate them. But I feel the Ultimates are basically a movie version of the Avengers, so I look to that heavily, cause Millar and Hitch really nailed a lot of things on the head. I would like to make it a trilogy of movies.

For the first one, I definitely want the Avengers first fight be against the Hulk, but after that I wasn't too sure who the villain should. The Hulk movie gave me an answer. If they don't do a sequel I would like the Leader be the villain. I figured the plot would go like this:
The Leader gets a hold of Banner and gathers sample and to erase his track he injects the SS serum into Banner temporally creating Grey hulk and unleashes him. The Avengers have to stop him. Afterwards they spend the movie Tracking down the Leader and the finale will have them face down a small army of grotesque super soldiers. At the end we gets hints that Leader was working for some organization (Hydra) and possible manipulations by Loki. I think the bulk of the movie will be about the characters as a team. Focusing on Cap and Banner.

Movie 2:
I would like to have Ultron be here, Though I'm not sure how to spin it. I would like Stark to have a hand in his creation, so the movie would focus on him and Pym this time around. I would like to add Hawkeye to the team exactly how he is in UU, it just fits better to have a black ops soldier than some former circus guy. But other than that I don't have a clear idea.

Movie 3:
I want the Grand Theft America arc. I love that story. So Hydra will turn to be created to combat the US super soldiers. Because really the Avengers would probably be considered the most powerful force on Earth. And they will attempt to takeout as many heroes individually before invading America. Loki of course manipulating everything for WWIII. I don't want to go too political, Instead of Liberators, I'd rename them the "Masters" and I only want Loki and the Colonel (and maybe Ultron) to differently be there. Everyone else could be who ever. I just love the duality between Cap and Abdul and their fight. And Loki has to be there seeing as he is pretty essential the Avenger's origin. The finale being the Avengers versus a suped up power Loki. This movie would focus on Cap and Thor

So my idea for Hydra will be similar to the GTA arc. They will be a collection of very shadowy black ops organizations from around the world, banned together to combat the common enemy of the US super soldiers. They do not have any government backings in their actions.

I see characters being a mix of 616 and UU, I would like Thor to be pretty similar to UU. It creates a great dynamic and helps identify the political aspect I want to bring in later. Plus it just makes sense for Thor as a god to want to make the world a better place, not just hitting "bad guys" but by making a real difference. I also would like the scene with Hawkeyes family cause its just a very powerful and dramatic scene, maybe toned down a bit. The political aspects and the question of Thos' divinity (though the audience will know) will be present in the first two movies but not a major occurrence until the third.

So those are my ideas, there kinda all over the place. I just wish I knew what to do for the second movie.

I had some trouble coming up with what I want for an avengers movie, mainly because I don't know that much history about them and their villains to really integrate them. But I feel the Ultimates are basically a movie version of the Avengers, so I look to that heavily, cause Millar and Hitch really nailed a lot of things on the head. I would like to make it a trilogy of movies.

For the first one, I definitely want the Avengers first fight be against the Hulk, but after that I wasn't too sure who the villain should. The Hulk movie gave me an answer. If they don't do a sequel I would like the Leader be the villain. I figured the plot would go like this:
The Leader gets a hold of Banner and gathers sample and to erase his track he injects the SS serum into Banner temporally creating Grey hulk and unleashes him. The Avengers have to stop him. Afterwards they spend the movie Tracking down the Leader and the finale will have them face down a small army of grotesque super soldiers. At the end we gets hints that Leader was working for some organization (Hydra) and possible manipulations by Loki. I think the bulk of the movie will be about the characters as a team. Focusing on Cap and Banner.

Movie 2:
I would like to have Ultron be here, Though I'm not sure how to spin it. I would like Stark to have a hand in his creation, so the movie would focus on him and Pym this time around. I would like to add Hawkeye to the team exactly how he is in UU, it just fits better to have a black ops soldier than some former circus guy. But other than that I don't have a clear idea.

Movie 3:
I want the Grand Theft America arc. I love that story. So Hydra will turn to be created to combat the US super soldiers. Because really the Avengers would probably be considered the most powerful force on Earth. And they will attempt to takeout as many heroes individually before invading America. Loki of course manipulating everything for WWIII. I don't want to go too political, Instead of Liberators, I'd rename them the "Masters" and I only want Loki and the Colonel (and maybe Ultron) to differently be there. Everyone else could be who ever. I just love the duality between Cap and Abdul and their fight. And Loki has to be there seeing as he is pretty essential the Avenger's origin. The finale being the Avengers versus a suped up power Loki. This movie would focus on Cap and Thor

So my idea for Hydra will be similar to the GTA arc. They will be a collection of very shadowy black ops organizations from around the world, banned together to combat the common enemy of the US super soldiers. They do not have any government backings in their actions.

I see characters being a mix of 616 and UU, I would like Thor to be pretty similar to UU. It creates a great dynamic and helps identify the political aspect I want to bring in later. Plus it just makes sense for Thor as a god to want to make the world a better place, not just hitting "bad guys" but by making a real difference. I also would like the scene with Hawkeyes family cause its just a very powerful and dramatic scene, maybe toned down a bit. The political aspects and the question of Thos' divinity (though the audience will know) will be present in the first two movies but not a major occurrence until the third.

So those are my ideas, there kinda all over the place. I just wish I knew what to do for the second movie.

This is a pitch I think could really work. It's not only because all of the characters are balanced evenly, but the Avengers go up against the biggest of their rogues gallery. I'd still love to see a Kree Skrull War, but I doubt that would see movie theaters.

Latest posts

Back