Avengers vs X-Men (Spoilers)

I don't mind the story as much as the Art. Romita jrs art is killing me. Why wouldn't they get someone else to do such a big comic series ??

I love JrJr.'s art and thinks he's been wonderful. He's also only doing the first act, which is the first 5 issues of AvX.

I just read issue 2, and while the story does nothing for me and I don't like JRJR's art, I did think this was one of his better works...

Ice said:
I love JrJr.'s art and thinks he's been wonderful. He's also only doing the first act, which is the first 5 issues of AvX.

Are you ****ing kidding me? How long is this?!

I could believe that if you included all tie-ins and preludes and postludes and presentludes and whatever the ****.

Last edited:
Bass said:
Are you ****ing kidding me? How long is this?!

How did you miss the title of the previous thread? 12 issues long, two issues being released every month.

Last edited:
ice said:
how did you miss the title of the precious thread? 12 issues long, two issues being released every month.

It's your fault i don't know things i don't want to know i am always right shut up its seventy three issues!

Last edited:
Is this the biggest crossover event yet, then? Who has the energy to keep up with this? Even if it were good it would hardly be worth the time (not to mention money) you'd have to invest in it.

So is it just me or is Wolverine the only person making a bit of sense in this?

Avengers: We need to lock her up! From the planet destroying space monster. Made of pure energy.

X-Men: We need to let the Phoenix posses her! It worked out for my wife!

Wolverine: We should just kill her, maybe it'll go away.

I mean it sucks, but its the best of the 3 options they've presented.

Captain America and Cyclops are idiots. Wolverine is always right.

All the points are conceivably interesting.

Avengers: We need to do everything we can to preserve her in the face of this cosmic parasite because all life is precious.

X-Men: We need to foster her potential because her potential to be an exceptional lifeform could benefit all life, regardless of the risk.

Wolverine: We have to take the path of least resistance because gambling on this individual life is outweighed by the cost to all life.

It's just not framed correctly.

Zombipanda said:

Avengers: We need to do everything we can to preserve her in the face of this cosmic parasite because all life is precious.

X-Men: We need to foster her potential because her potential to be an exceptional lifeform could benefit all life, regardless of the risk.

Wolverine: We have to take the path of least resistance because gambling on this individual life is outweighed by the cost to all life.

Exactly.

Yeah... That's not how it's expressed. If it was, it might work.
Agreed.

So is it just me or is Wolverine the only person making a bit of sense in this?

Avengers: We need to lock her up! From the planet destroying space monster. Made of pure energy.

X-Men: We need to let the Phoenix posses her! It worked out for my wife!

Wolverine: We should just kill her, maybe it'll go away.

I mean it sucks, but its the best of the 3 options they've presented.

Nice. It's been so uninteresting and lackluster that I would never have been able to think of it in those terms.

Someone needs to tell Marvel that writing intelligently is not a bad thing. It worked on Watchmen.

CBR:

1336586220.jpg

Following the world changing effects of Avengers VS. X-Men #5, the Marvel Universe will face a dramatic change unlike any fans have ever seen before bringing the action packed first act to a close. Then, the comic book event of the summer kicks into overdrive as Act Two begins in Avengers VS. X-Men #6! Thought you knew everything about the Phoenix Force and what it's capable of? Think again, True Believer! Get in on all the excitement as Avengers VS. X-Men #5 and Avengers VS. X-Men #6, hit comic shops, the Marvel Comics app, and Marvel Digital Comic Shop this June.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back