Avengers vs X-Men (Spoilers)

ProjectX2 said:
Wolverine was wearing a polar bear in Antarctica. A polar bear. In Antarctica.

This was a comic written by Jonathan Hickman. Avengers vs. X-Men is so dumb.

I don't think anyone has been editing these books for years.

Zombipanda said:
I thought Hickman's issue was a far sight better than what came before, but it's still not good.

And yeah, second Gemini's thought. Hope is supposed to be the mutant messiah and her power set reignites latent mutant powers. Figure they assume juicing her with cosmic power will amplify that.

When was it established that it reignites latent mutant powers?

How is recreating a race of post-humanity a mutant power?

When has anyone demonstrated any ability at all to control the Phoenix and bend it to their will?

It doesn't. But Hope does, and presumably being possessed by the Phoenix would magnify her existing powers.

E said:

How is it not?

E said:
When has anyone demonstrated any ability at all to control the Phoenix and bend it to their will?

Desperation brings out dangerous optimism in people.

I'm not saying it's not dumb, but the Phoenix Messiah thing doesn't strike me as inherently ludicrous. Cults have been formed from far less.

Uncanny X-Men #526

Part of Hope's powers is like Mimic's where she can copy anyone's power, but she has no limit (as in can only copy up to 5 people, ala Mimic). "She can also jump-start a newly-emerging mutant power though to an undefined extent."

Rachel Grey was able to do that for a while as the host until the Phoenix left her. It's been mentioned in X-Men Legacy & I believe Wolverine & The X-Men as well.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone has been editing these books for years.

That explains why people like Tom Brevoort and Stephen Wacker are always online and acting like idiots.

It's not an event if someone (or two) doesn't die. The solicitation for #11 is just one word. "Fatality."

Variant cover:

1339510551.jpg

Believe it or not, there was a time when thought was put into major changers and character deaths in order to fix things that weren't working (or to come up with a better alternative to what was) and it was less of throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks, or doing things just to see what happens.

I was rather proud of myself when I realised I'd deleted the two or three cbrs I downloaded.

I doubt I will be reading past #5. I can't believe there's somehow going to be 12 issues of this nonsense.

I'm angry because I was going to stop reading this and then everyone said #6 was great and it actually was pretty good. Why were the first five issues so bad then?

I'm angry because I was going to stop reading this and then everyone said #6 was great and it actually was pretty good. Why were the first five issues so bad then?

Because they weren't a story on their own, they were just events to get us to this point. Events written by committee with a pre-determined number of issues they had to fill.

You know I would have red this entire thing if Oliver Coipel was doing every issue. Seriously what is it with this guy and making mediocre event books look incredible?

Latest posts

Back