Batman: Arkham Asylum

Batman looks like it's based on an Alex Ross drawing.

This looks amazing. Killer Croc is ****ing huge.

Killer Croc is ****ing huge.

That was my response.
he's ****ing huge!
:lol: Yet I really want to fight him. He looks like he'll be a challenge, I like that in a boss/enemy. The bosses like "throw back bomb and he blows up" or "5 hits to the head" are way to boring and easy. I like bosses like Hulkbuster on Incredible hulk where it's "damn how the hell do I stop this guy." then when you win you actually shout "YES!"

But if killer croc looks like that much of a challenge imagine Bane if he's in! :shock:

THOUGHTS:

- "The core licence strictly covers the 70 years of Batman comics. No movies, no animated series'."

That makes a lot of sense as it's clear that a lot of inspiration from The Dark Knight came in the designs for Batman and the Joker to the point where you wonder why they didn't just copy them completely.

- "Investigation mode...highlighting 'points of interest'"

The game is starting to sound an awfully lot like Batman Begins, even though they've clearly learned a lot from the mistakes that game made. I really don't want the game holding my hand the whole way through, the way that one did.

-"On-site Batcave"

Now this is cool and it makes perfect sense as Batman is known to have dozens of Batcaves all over the city. It would be great if you could access alternate costumes from here (an all-black costume would be nice) even though you most definitely won't be.

Last edited:

Really? Heh. Naturally, everyone except me is going to rejoice at this, but personally, after The Dark Knight, I'd like to see a slightly different take on the Joker in this game. I'm not saying I want a Heath Ledger copycat, but definitely something a little bit more similar.

The same goes for Batman. Kevin Conroy didn't work in Gotham Knight and I'm not too sure if he'll work in this, either.

Really? Heh. Naturally, everyone except me is going to rejoice at this, but personally, after The Dark Knight, I'd like to see a slightly different take on the Joker in this game. I'm not saying I want a Heath Ledger copycat, but definitely something a little bit more similar.

The same goes for Batman. Kevin Conroy didn't work in Gotham Knight and I'm not too sure if he'll work in this, either.

Conroy was one of the things many liked about Gotham Knight though you are entitled to you're opinion.

But personally Kevin and Mark will always be the batman voice and The joker voice.

Even today any time a read a Batman book i hear their voices.

Since Paul Dini is doing this, I can imagine most of the cast will be from the animated series.

Since Paul Dini is doing this, I can imagine most of the cast will be from the animated series.

I really can't see how they're going to have Aron Kincaid or Brookes Gardner as Croc in this game. In Batman: The Animated Series, Croc was recognisably human, but slightly mutated. In The New Batman Adventures he was even more croc-like, but still basically human. In this game, he's a monstrous behemoth.

Don't think it will be all of them.

But i would like to have Bads to be voice by Tara Strong but really i'm happy with Hamil and Conroy.

But if the can score Michael Ansara for Freeze that would be cool too.

Croc will probably get a new guy. It's al good as long as they don't give him a Cajun accent.

I really can't see how they're going to have Aron Kincaid or Brookes Gardner as Croc in this game. In Batman: The Animated Series, Croc was recognisably human, but slightly mutated. In The New Batman Adventures he was even more croc-like, but still basically human. In this game, he's a monstrous behemoth.

He might not even talk.

Don't think it will be all of them.

Yeah... hence "most" and not "all".

My bad then

Though you think Dini has that kind of pull on this project?

Not really, though everyone associates Dini with the animated series and everyone knows the cast from that was the best, so it probably makes sense to put the two together and get the same guys to do the game, at least the major characters.

Since it's Oracle and not Batgirl that will be in this game, it would be nice if Tara Strong voiced her as being a bit older and a little bit more weathered and disillusioned with all of Bruce's crimefighting.

The trailer didn't have much to it but the game still looks/sounds very good.

Disappointing that we saw more in the earlier pictures than in the trailer, but..... holy ****, was that Mark Hamill's laugh at the end?

:rockon:

No it was the Joker's I'm sure Mark Hamill doesn't laugh like that in real life. :p

Latest posts

Back