Batman: Arkham Asylum

Man....

This game looks great. And it just looks better with each new bit of information.

Last edited:
Hey I'm watching Gametrailers TV and the just showed a video introducing Harley Quinn who is (after checking) played by Arleen Sorkin. Who played Harley in the 90's Batman: The Animated Series.

Cast List:

Clancy Brown ... Killer Croc (voice)
Brittany Byrnes ... Barbara Gordon / Oracle (voice)
Kevin Conroy ... Batman / Bruce Wayne (voice)
Mark Hamill ... The Joker (voice)
Danny Jacobs ... Victor Zsasz / Frank Boles (voice)
Tom Kane ... Commissioner James Gordon (voice)
David Kaye ... Scarecrow (voice)
Michelle Ruff ... Poison Ivy (voice)
David Sobolov ... Penguin (voice)
Arleen Sorkin ... Harley Quinn (voice)
James Arnold Taylor ... The Riddler (voice)
Kirk Thornton ... Mr. Freeze (voice)
Wally Wingert ... The Riddler (voice)

So I wasn't really hype for this game because I didn't see much gameplay yet. But I just saw a video on the Silent Knight Challenge Mode, and I want this... NOW.

Really? I thought Harley looks kind of lame and unoriginal.

oh and the red and black spandex was oh so original.

But, that bit aside, it's completely and totally, MY opinion. There's no right nor wrong about it. You don't like it, that's cool, but it doesn't really matter to me now does it?

oh and the red and black spandex was oh so original.

But, that bit aside, it's completely and totally, MY opinion. There's no right nor wrong about it. You don't like it, that's cool, but it doesn't really matter to me now does it?

I don't know. Does it?

Really, I'm just not a Harley Quinn fan, I guess. I don't think the Joker needs a Robin.

I mean, I'm sure something interesting could be done with her, but I don't think I've seen an interpretation that's worked for me. I think it's the voice that really gets on my nerves.

(Okay. Maybe that's a little too harsh)

Last edited:
I don't know. Does it?

Really, I'm just not a Harley Quinn fan, I guess. I don't think the Joker needs a Robin.

I mean, I'm sure something interesting could be done with her, but I don't think I've seen an interpretation that's worked for me. I think it's the voice that really gets on my nerves.

(Okay. Maybe that's a little too harsh)

I agree on the last bits. I don't like the henching to Joker bit, and her voice is VERY grating.

I think Harley was handled best in pairing with Ivy, they're a much better balance than Harley/Joker.

I agree on the last bits. I don't like the henching to Joker bit, and her voice is VERY grating.

I think Harley was handled best in pairing with Ivy, they're a much better balance than Harley/Joker.

.....You just want her to make out with Ivy.:wink:

.....You just want her to make out with Ivy.:wink:

I'm not the only one!!!

Harley_And_ivy_by_theirishgrover.jpg

I'm sure Bruce Timm has another one of those with Zatanna "arresting" Harley and Ivy for his *ahem* private collection.

Considering she was assigned to psychoanalyze the most fractured psychotic around, I'd expect her to be more cunning and driven than she's usually portrayed. But I'll admit, my exposure to her is fairly minimal.

But, according to Wikipedia, she's modeled on Judy Holliday. I can totally see that, and it endears me to the character a little more.

skotti-chan said:

I can see that. And it's the reason I'll probably pick up Sirens.

That said, I think a book modeled on the Harlequinade format, with Harley in the lead could be pretty cool. Poison Ivy is totally Columbine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back