Batman: Arkham Asylum

Nice. I couldn't see what console this is for though. I'm hoping ps3. Knowing my luck it'll be a ds and psp game.

Woah, this should be sweet. Co-written by Paul Dini and exploring Arkham Asylum?

You play it....

WITH YOUR MIND!

Anyway, apparently it's going to be an FPS. That seems.... strange....

Really? I mean, I know they mentioned Bioshock as something that inspired the environments fo the game, but I didn't think they'd take the FPS angle from it, too... I don't know about this game anymore if that's true...

Really? I mean, I know they mentioned Bioshock as something that inspired the environments fo the game, but I didn't think they'd take the FPS angle from it, too... I don't know about this game anymore if that's true...

As a lover of Bioshock, I'm hoping that they take the "holycrapthatwasscaryashell" approach they had in that game and apply it to Arkham.

As for the FPS aspect...it's different, to be sure, but Batman uses projectiles a lot, (Batarangs, grappleguns, batbolas) so I understand where they're coming from. And if applied right, will certainly help the atmosphere.

Last edited:
As a lover of Bioshock, I'm hoping that they take the "holycrapthatwasscaryashell" approach they had in that game and apply it to Arkham.

As for the FPS aspect...it's different, to be sure, but Batman uses projectiles a lot, (Batarangs, grappleguns, batbolas) so I understand where they're coming from. And if applied right, will certainly help the atmosphere.

Different sites seem to be saying it'll be third-person now... So I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
I'm hoping it's third. I don't think Batman would work as a fps as it limits his fighting he can do.

Seen the game Mirrors edge? I think they can do kick-*** fighting in a FPS, if done right...

Seen the game Mirrors edge? I think they can do kick-*** fighting in a FPS, if done right...

Yeah but they can't get the great fighting and combos as well as seeing it all right that third person can offer. I do honestly think first person limits batman which is bad.

Not to say they can not make a first person comic game as the Judge dredd ones were all right , Punisher would work and more but Batman is one of those I don't think it can work. But that's just me

Wow.

So the game will mostly be an over the shoulder third person. That's about as good as it gets... Nice.

Croc looks really cool. Can't wait to see what kind of boss battle you get outta him.

Latest posts

Back