Batman: Arkham City (spoilers!)

Re: Arkham Asylum Sequel.

They basically hit the nail on the head in terms of everything I want to see, except for the 'more heroes' part. This version of Batman doesn't need to be muddied up by cameos and team-ups with other heroes. As Planet-Man put it, it should remain about "One Man, against the Madness."

Although I know that if these games continue to be brilliant and successful that other heroes showing up is an inevitability.

i wouldn't want Superman or Wonder Woman showing up in these games, but I'd love to play as Nightwing or Robin, or Batgirl.

i wouldn't want Superman or Wonder Woman showing up in these games, but I'd love to play as Nightwing or Robin, or Batgirl.

I'd like to play as them in the Combat Challenges as DLC content maybe, but I'd have no interest being forced to play as them as part of the main storyline.

My biggest wish for the sequel is to have more interactivity with the storyline, like in Mass Effect. I want to be able to choose between being a lighter or darker Batman by making decisions in the dialogue and in how I choose to approach certain situations. I would almost go as far as to say that this is my biggest gripe with the first game. It doesn't truly let you be Batman as it promises, it just lets you take orders from him.

Last edited:

I'd like to play as them in the Combat Challenges as DLC content maybe, but I'd have no interest being forced to play as them as part of the main storyline.
I agree. I would love to have them have a role much like Gordon or Oracle had any have them accomplishing different tasks, updating you. Maybe a fight sequence or two together would be great. And I'd like to be able to replay the game as them (Basically like a costume change since completely changing out characters and dialog would be a bit much). As for other DC heroes they should just keep it close to Batman's mythology, though while playing the first one Batman was just so bad ass I wanted to take on Superman.
My biggest wish for the sequel is to have more interactivity with the storyline, like in Mass Effect. I want to be able to choose between being a lighter or darker Batman by making decisions in the dialogue and in how I choose to approach certain situations. I would almost go as far as to say that this is my biggest gripe with the first game. It doesn't truly let you be Batman as it promises, it just lets you take orders from him.

Meh, I've never liked that concept since it usually turns out to gimmicky and pointless in games where it's not the core concept. All of mass effect is built around the decision making but any other game it will be tacked on and ultimately worthless.

What I want:
Costumes
non linear side mission
Boss Fights in challenges
Play as different character (as an add on, not required in initial gameplay)
Able to explore most of Gotham's famous locations (Original Bat cave, Wayne Manor, Police HQ, etc.)

Everything else I'm confident in their abilities to make it awesome.

Last edited:

Yeah. I've got to disagree with the option of a ME style choice system. It would just muddy up the game. What I would like to see is more options in how you approach a particular problem. Various routes to take, various means by which to attack a situation. AI could use a nice polish. In the original game, basically each section operated as a puzzle room without any interaction between your enemies outside of that room. I'd like to see smarter communication between enemy AI outside of the single room they occupy. Given that the trailer implies a sort of "No Man's Land" approach, this seems a likely possibility. I wouldn't be surprised to see (and would be quite happy with) a collection of spaces rather than one big map with the freedom to choose the order in which you take on missions.

Depending on what direction they decide to go with improvements, I could see Nightwing/Robin/Batgirl/what-have-you working as optional characters. I'd like to see more arcade sensibilities added to the game, a mission-style structure that allows you to replay missions and encourages approaching them with better speed and efficiency. Maybe attach a scoring system to the mission structure, weld together the disparate elements of the challenge mode with the core game.

I still have a pitch for a game that polishes up the problems of the first game in a simple, logical, plausible manner. I may have to get that down on paper at some point.

Point of Order

Warner Bros. Interactive just bought Rocksteady Entertainment

That's one good company they've bought in the last year (sorry Midway :()

Point of Order

Warner Bros. Interactive just bought Rocksteady Entertainment

That's one good company they've bought in the last year (sorry Midway :()

Don't apologize to Midway. You're better than that. You're better than them.

Heap your scorn upon them without pity.

Batman Voice Actor Class Arkham Asylum 2 "Really Dark", Mentions Two-Face

There's a sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum in development, but details on Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 are scarce. All we've had to work with was analyzing a vague teaser trailer -- until now.

The floodgates on Arkham Asylum 2 haven't opened just yet (it's likely still the early days for the game), but Batman voice actor Kevin Conroy attended the C2E2 comic convention in Chicago this weekend and found himself spilling some of the first details about the follow-up to questioning fans.

A Batman fan apparently tricked him into revealing Two-Face will be in the game.

Last edited:

trick him... everybody knew Two-Face was going to be in this.

Along with the announcement of the official name and target release window comes an updated description of the game:

Developed by Rocksteady Studios, Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, aospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City, the new maximum security "home" for all of Gotham City's thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds. Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.

So the game is now called Batman: Arkham City http://www.batmanarkhamcity.com/

Picture1-12.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back