Batman Begins (Movie spoilers)

Well, regarding JaSBSB...

That was a poorly written movie with a crappy role given to a good actor, but i admit that he doesn't have the right look...

But with the whole "right look" thing, I don't think that Marilyn Manson would be the right way to go at all....

Crispin Glover on the other hand.... I'd like that, as long as he can cackle.

Goodwill:

Just too finally clear up your question on who Zsasz was in the movies, he was the thug on trial in the courtroom scene where Crane makes his first appearance. Crane states that he felt that Zsasz was mentally unstable and recommended him for incarceration at Arkham (which actually seems like a sound judgment on Cranes part ;)). Zsasz was bald and had a mustache and goatee and if you look closely at his neck and on his arms, you can see the tally-scars.

He shows up several other times during the Arkham scenes and after the gas is released on the Narrows. He picks up a knife at one point (his preferred weapon) and it is the same knife that Bats uses too disable the train during his fight with Ra's. It all plays out pretty well, huh ;).

Strangefate:

After seeing the remake of Willard (an average movie with a great performance I think) I have know doubts that Glover could play the Joker too a tee. He does charismatically psychotic so well. I agree though, he would have to perfect a very good cackle too really make the role his own though.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

YES!!!!!!

Bale, Caine, and Freeman are all signed on for the sequel, WHICH IS OFFICIALLY LEAVING OUT KATIE HOLMES!!!!

Apparently, WB is ****ing pissed that her engagement stole Batman Press, so they dropped her and that "the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress". (quoted from a WB rep earlier today)

hehe. This makes me so happy.

Entropy said:
He picks up a knife at one point (his preferred weapon)

A Carving Knife, no less (as in for cleaving meat off a bone). Which is directly from the comics.

Dr.Strangefate said:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

YES!!!!!!

Bale, Caine, and Freeman are all signed on for the sequel, WHICH IS OFFICIALLY LEAVING OUT KATIE HOLMES!!!!

Apparently, WB is ****ing pissed that her engagement stole Batman Press, so they dropped her and that "the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress". (quoted from a WB rep earlier today)

hehe. This makes me so happy.

Good. Good. I just can't stand Katie Holmes, she did ok in the flick but she just rubs me the wrong way.

If they still want a love interest in the movies, then I sincerly hope they go in the Talia direction. Catwoman has been done (and raped thanks to Halle Barry), Vicki Vale has been done, Wonder Woman just isn't feasible, the "invent someone" approach has been used several times now. Lets give Talia her props here. Still, considering the way Goyer had this script written I really don't doubt that Talia is on his mind for introduction, especially if Ra's really is dead. The question is who would be able to play her? If they want another "name" actress too play her, I actually think the one I would be most comfortable with in the role is Charlize Theron. She has the basis for the look (a little hairdy, some make-up and a tan, a few weeks in the gym, ect) and she actually has alot of acting potential I think. Still, its late and I'm tired so a better choice could be eluding me ;).

Well, I thought Holmes did well in Begins. It was the first movie that I saw her in and I went in there thinking that she would be a whiney little girl that put too much into dramatics, but she did considerably well. I'm guessing it was a very different role for her to play... It's more important than a little girl in Dawson's Creek, at least.

I can't see how the WB got pissed at the proposal deal. A movie's media and a celebrities media is two different things. Besides, she can't really help it.

Also, I thought that Caine was a great Alfred. I'm glad to see that he's going to do it again. :)

Goodwill said:
Well, I thought Holmes did well in Begins. It was the first movie that I saw her in and I went in there thinking that she would be a whiney little girl that put too much into dramatics, but she did considerably well. I'm guessing it was a very different role for her to play... It's more important than a little girl in Dawson's Creek, at least.

I can't see how the WB got pissed at the proposal deal. A movie's media and a celebrities media is two different things. Besides, she can't really help it.

Also, I thought that Caine was a great Alfred. I'm glad to see that he's going to do it again. :)

"What's the point of doing all those pushups if you can't lift the damn thing off you?!" :lol:

(I totally guessed on the quote, but hey...)

Goodwill said:

They were mad because Katie Holmes was going on talk shows and doing interviews and not talking at BB at all. In fact, while talking about Tom Cruise she would mention how great "War of the Worlds" is gonna be. I could see how the studio would be annoyed by having their lead actress in a movie promoting a totally different movie and not even mentioning the one she's in.

Besides, I would love to see Talia. As long as they don't create some bland model/actress type character for a love interest. Talia would be an interesting part of the story. And Charlize Theron might make a good choice...

Yeah, I see what you mean. I'd hate to see her go, but it looks like she's done for. Sorry, Katie!

Is Talia Ra's daughter? She would be interesting and a good way to keep continuity together.

Goodwill said:
Yeah, I see what you mean. I'd hate to see her go, but it looks like she's done for. Sorry, Katie!

Is Talia Ra's daughter? She would be interesting and a good way to keep continuity together.

Yep. She's Ra's daughter. She's also been one of Bats' biggest love interests in the comics. And (I believe) she's got some sort of martial arts skills. Batman vs. Talia, anyone?

Only for a bit... The fight would be mildly entertaining at best. Also, what about Catwoman. I don't know my stuff, but I thought she was his MJ.

Talia had more than just some martial arts skills, if I remember correctly she was the top assassin the League (the league of assassins, which became league of shadows in the movie). Going by movie portrayals and storyline, she should be more than capable of giving Bats a run for his money (she has in the comics before I believe but my memory on backissues is sketchy).

Catwoman has always been a major love interest too Bats, but I don't want too see her in these movies. For one, she just wouldn't jive with the themes I think, and more importantly I'd like to avoid any possible association with the Halle Berry Vomit-on-film Catwoman movie.

Talia is the best choice for love interest in these new movies, and I hope they bring her in. Her character and story fits alot better and easier into the new atmosphere and themes they seem too be gunning for, and she would make for a far more streamlined and tight storyline (which Goyer likes and seems to be gunning for).

Goodwill said:
Only for a bit... The fight would be mildly entertaining at best. Also, what about Catwoman. I don't know my stuff, but I thought she was his MJ.

The thing is... Batman doesn't have an MJ

I just got back from Italy last night at 6:30, and then I went directly to see Batman Begins.

IT WAS THE BEST COMIC MOVIE EVER (and quite possibly my absolute favorite movie ever).

Everything was great. I cheered for scarecrow when he used the gas on Flask and I was definitely afraid of Batman.

As to who could be a love interest: Vesper Fairchild.

Goodwill said:
Oh? That's kind of interesting... I guess he's the James Bond kinda guy, huh?

The thing thats bad about comparing other types to him is that he precedes ALL of them...

He's a Batman kinda guy... he doesn't do relationships, he fakes relationships to make people think Bruce Wayne is a typical playboy... Its all a front.

Catwoman and Talia were close, also Wonder Woman... but those were because they approached the Real bruce, not the one people see in the paper.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Catwoman and Talia were close, also Wonder Woman... but those were because they approached the Real bruce, not the one people see in the paper.

I can see Talia being brought in now that they've told Katie to **** off.Angelina anyone? :D

Btw:

Best ****in' movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

Perfect in every way.And did anyone else pick up on the severe smuggling of tic-tacs in the last scene? :D

Latest posts

Back