Batman/Detective Comics Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: Batman Series Discussion *Spoilers*

I have 3 very similar questions.

What are the three best Poison Ivy batman tpbs?

What are the three best Joker batman tpbs?

What are the three best Harley Quinn batman tpbs?

Thanks guys

I have 3 very similar questions.

What are the three best Poison Ivy batman tpbs?

What are the three best Joker batman tpbs?

What are the three best Harley Quinn batman tpbs?

Thanks guys

Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn - http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401213332/?tag=tcbcom-20 (I don't think I've read the first story, but the second is pretty good)

Harley Quinn - http://www.amazon.com/dp/1563897733/?tag=tcbcom-20 (out of print, I think)

The Joker - http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401216676/?tag=tcbcom-20 (Joker's "origin")

The Joker - http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401216226/?tag=tcbcom-20 (the first appearance of The Joker in modern continuity)

And of course, Arkham Asylum, but I think you've got that. I also recommend Gotham Central trades, as the Joker arc in that is wicked and I think there's also a Poison Ivy story. It's all good though.

Last edited:

Thanks dude. I've got The Killing Joke (not read it yet though as I was reading watchmen first) but the rest look great.

I'll see which one of them I can pick up. That Harley & Ivy looks great I'll defiantly be getting that one.

Was Joker's Asylum ever made in to a trade as i saw that on ebay earlier with Joker's Asylum Poison Ivy , Joker's Asylum Joker ect...

Last edited:

Was Joker's Asylum ever made in to a trade as i saw that on ebay earlier with Joker's Asylum Poison Ivy , Joker's Asylum Joker ect...

That's a mini-series that isn't completed yet. It's coming out weekly and should be done this week, so the trade should be out in a couple months.

That's a mini-series that isn't completed yet. It's coming out weekly and should be done this week, so the trade should be out in a couple months.

cool, Is it any good?

You should also get this, which has some cool one-shot Batman stories. Some great Joker and Poison Ivy ones.

Last edited:

From Lying in the Gutters:

San Diego announced the Neil Gaiman/Andy Kubert two-part Batman story "Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader." Now, we know that the original "Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow by Alan Moore, Curt Swan, George Perez and Kurt Schaffenberger capped the end of the pre-"Crisis" Superman, telling his final tale, before John Byrne revamped the character with the "Man Of Steel" mini-series. So what can we expect from the Batman after such a career capping tale?

Well this one rumour rocketed from the San Diego convention floor before anyone's hangover could stop it. Apparently it was all the talk of certain Batman cognesti after a particularly heavy night in the bars on Sunday night with certain DC creators.

I understand that following the events of "Batman RIP," both main Batbooks will be put on hiatus for a short period, replaced by a new title, "Battle Of The Cowl" by Grant Morrison.

We'll see a struggle for the legacy of the Batman after the events of the "Batman R.I.P" storyline, between the likes of Robin, Jason Todd, Nightwing, Damien and who knows, maybe Azreal and Bat-Mite while they're at it.

So "Nightwing" will be renamed "Red Robin" while "Robin" becomes… "Batman And Robin."

It looks like
Nightwing
will be the new
Batman
with
Jason Todd
becoming
Red Robin

Insane. All this Batman stuff is scary.

I have no problem with this happening. Especially if they don't **** up Jason Todd like they have been since he's been reintroduced.

Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn - http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401213332/?tag=tcbcom-20 (I don't think I've read the first story, but the second is pretty good)

I read all 3 parts today. This is brilliant. Funny as hell and just feels so fun. You really get a sense of Harley's innocence and of Ivy's passion for helping the environment plus the art is cool.

I think my scene has to be Ivy kissing the poisonous frog while thanking it and it dies to which she goes "oops" and has a surprised sad little look on her face :lol::lol:

I read all 3 parts today. This is brilliant. Funny as hell and just feels so fun. You really get a sense of Harley's innocence and of Ivy's passion for helping the environment plus the art is cool.

I think my scene has to be Ivy kissing the poisonous frog while thanking it and it dies to which she goes "oops" and has a surprised sad little look on her face :lol::lol:

Wow! That sure does SOUND genius!

Wow! That sure does SOUND genius!

Your been sarcastic aren't you? If so I didn't say genius just funny and fun which works and is pretty damn good.

So, I don't know why this hasn't been mentioned yet, but...

LitG two weeks ago said:
Well this one rumour rocketed from the San Diego convention floor before anyone's hangover could stop it. Apparently it was all the talk of certain Batman cognesti after a particularly heavy night in the bars on Sunday night with certain DC creators.

I understand that following the events of "Batman RIP," both main Batbooks will be put on hiatus for a short period, replaced by a new title, "Battle Of The Cowl" by Grant Morrison.

We'll see a struggle for the legacy of the Batman after the events of the "Batman R.I.P" storyline, between the likes of Robin, Jason Todd, Nightwing, Damien and who knows, maybe Azreal and Bat-Mite while they're at it.

So "Nightwing" will be renamed "Red Robin" while "Robin" becomes… "Batman And Robin."

It looks like Nightwing will be the new Batman with Jason Todd becoming Red Robin.

LitG this week said:
It looks like Mike Bagley will be wrapping up "Trinity" in time to jump onto the new "Batman & Robin" DCU series next year when "Robin" is renamed. Bagley has been drawing Batman for a year, and as Bagley is most famous for his teenage Spider-Man series, latching himself onto the DC Universe's most prominent teenager feels the right thing to do.

huh.... Bet it's about a third true.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back