ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
I just got both trades today, and was wondering if anyone else had read it?

I found it quite good. Jeph Loeb is excellent at writing Batman.

ProjectX2 said:
I just got both trades today, and was wondering if anyone else had read it?

I found it quite good. Jeph Loeb is excellent at writing Batman.
That he is. I have the single issues, andd plan to pick up the Oversized Hardcover Absolute edition whenever I find a good deal.

And I loved the ending. He's finaly a threat.

Yeah, it was a great ending. I also liked the mystery behind it all. I love Batman stories where there is actually a mystery to be solved.

ProjectX2 said:
Yeah, it was a great ending. I also liked the mystery behind it all. I love Batman stories where there is actually a mystery to be solved.
If you have't read The Long Halloween or Dark Victory yet I'd reccomend those to you. DV is a sequal to LH and they both deal with Batman years one and two, with a great mystery driving them. They're written by Loeb, and have some great art by Tim Sale.

yeah I agree I got these Trades and found them extremely entertaining, and it was a really good twist, I mean who would of thought
Riddler
would be that clever!!

And i loved the way they used all the fav characters from his rogues gallery...and even the little twist with
Jason Todd, who is now appearing anyway!! LOL

Anyhow, I need to get Long Halloween, been meaning to get it for ages!!

Hush was phenomenal,this book got me into DC.I own the issues but Absolute Hush........Absolute Crisis first.Or maybe Absolute Watchmen? :D

This was a great story,structured extremely well and with jaw-dropping art and a killer finale.The wait between the last three issues was physically painful....too bad they've let Lieberman **** up the character.Hey Proj,why not lend Nur 'em? :lol:

'Cause I'd ask for them back, only to find that he's burnt them.

Johnny Bravo said:
Hush was phenomenal,this book got me into DC.I own the issues but Absolute Hush........Absolute Crisis first.Or maybe Absolute Watchmen? :D
I love that DC is doing the deluxe treatment on so many great books, but they really need to lower the price point a bit. The only reason I'm picking up the Hush HC is because I can get it for less than $35. $75 for watchmen is just too damn much.

Baxter said:
I love that DC is doing the deluxe treatment on so many great books, but they really need to lower the price point a bit. The only reason I'm picking up the Hush HC is because I can get it for less than $35. $75 for watchmen is just too damn much.

Only on books that deserve it,the problem is too many close together in the next few months.Hush,Watchmen,Crisis.The only other ones I can think of are The Authority V1 and 2,and Planetary.

You have read Watchmen,right?

Johnny Bravo said:
Only on books that deserve it,the problem is too many close together in the next few months.Hush,Watchmen,Crisis.The only other ones I can think of are The Authority V1 and 2,and Planetary.

You have read Watchmen,right?
Yeah, and thats another reason I can't justify buying it in the Absolute treatment. I already have it.

Now Absolute Authority would be very nice....

Johnny Bravo said:
Theres two volumes out already, and I wouldn't be surprised to se Revoloution get it.
I know they are, but I can't find V1, and I don't want to get V2 unless I can get V1 as all my copies have to be in the same format. It'd bug me that Stormwatch wasn't HC, but I can live with that. having the actual Authority series be split would drive me crazy.

I found Hush to be absolute bollocks. It was a ****ing train crash of a story. Loeb just had a different Batvillain show up each issue so Lee could draw them continually saying "It's all connected" even though it wasn't at all. It was a mystery Loeb didn't seem to know the answer too as all the clues and motivations are explained in the last issue, because they're not set up.

Don't mean to put a downer on this thread - but I hate Hush.

Yeah, but you're a crabby old man. You're not supposed to like Hush. Go back to read Archie Comics.

Hush is like House of M or Identity Crisis to the Batman world.
Now Catwoman knows his identity and they had their kiss!!
Also that was a good way to revamp a famous but lazy villain of Batman.
It's a great story, even though it was not that big in the DC world, in Batman world it was almost a new beggining.

I was disappointed about lack of Penguin though.

Bass said:
I found Hush to be absolute bollocks. It was a ****ing train crash of a story. Loeb just had a different Batvillain show up each issue so Lee could draw them continually saying "It's all connected" even though it wasn't at all. It was a mystery Loeb didn't seem to know the answer too as all the clues and motivations are explained in the last issue, because they're not set up.

Don't mean to put a downer on this thread - but I hate Hush.

Thank you Bass. I was going to post the fact that I read this and hated it, but I felt like no one felt the same way. It just didn't hold my interest at all. The mystery wasn't that great and it seems obvious to me that they got Loeb to write a ****ty story cuz they wanted to give Lee something to draw. And I hate when books are only about the art (except for Alex Ross's books. He could paint a book about transexual chimps eating their own ****, and I'd buy it.)

Latest posts

Back