Batman/Superman news and rumors

I said the movies felt like they were, not Nolan himself (even though he's been pretty vocal about how he feels about superheroes). Greg Rucka said the same thing and I'd wager he's better with Batman than I am.

They didn't feel that way. Rucka and yourself seem to be confusing the more grounded approach to the Batman mythos with "being ashamed of itself". Which is ludicrous. If they didn't want to make a Batman film, they wouldn't have. Nor would they have done such a phenomenal job with them. Nor would they feature a Batsuit, and a logically re-imagined Batmobile, or a large number of Batman's classic villains thoughtfully re-imagined but still true their comic counterpart origins.

I don't care what Rucka says, he's wrong, no matter how much experience he has with writing Batman. He also conveniently didn't offer any evidence or points as to why he felt that way. Rucka needs to understand the general movie-going audience isn't the same in terms of taste and what they'll accept as the general comic audience. And even considering that, Nolan still made three good Batman films that drew extensively from the comics themselves, and pulling off an aspect of believability that it could indeed happen.

Last edited:
Superman and Batman went up against Captain America... and flinched!

"When Captain America throws his mighty shield,
All those who chose to oppose his shield must yield.
If he's lead to a fight and a duel is due,
Then the red and the white and the blue'll come through.
When Captain America throws his mighty shield."

Superman and Batman went up against Captain America... and flinched!

Of course its a contest. Its a contest for box office dollars, critical and fan reception, etc.

And Marvel just won the initial stare-down contest (even though I think its a safe bet that Batman v Superman will probably pull in more money than Cap 3 will).
I accidentally deleted my post when I went to edit the smiley. I didn't mean to put ":?" but ":wink:" as what I meant to say was Marvel was always going to be the winner in my eyes.

Last edited:
I actually thought Marvel was going to back out. Then again I'm a bigger DC fan then I am Marvel so I'm probably biased.

This is for the best. Better to move it now, so that most people completely forget about it by the time 2016 rolls around. It's also probably in DC's best interest for them to have the earlier release. It'll probably benefit from a few months without a blockbuster in theaters.

This gives this panel more meaning:

capsa3.jpg

As WILX reports, Michigan State University has been turned into Metropolis in preparation for a scene between Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) and Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg). A local reporter spoke with one of the film's extras, who wished to remain anonymous to avoid the hefty lawsuit that with from leaking information. The source said that Robin, as currently included in the script, will be female -- and then singles out "Hunger Games" actress Jena Malone as the Girl Wonder. You can check out the entire report below.

Click here and scroll a bit for the clip

Lol, DC continues to be reactionary instead of charting their own course. This news is obviously motivated by Avengers - Age of Ultron's trailer being released.

Still, I'm excited to see it. I have a feeling it rumored to be focusing on Batman is both practical (in the sense Batman doesn't really need any CGI/special effects shots, which probably aren't even close to being done for Superman, Wonder Woman, etc) and giving fans what they are likely most interested in seeing (the new Batman played by Affleck).

Exclusive details on Ben Affleck's Batman in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'

• Jalali and Affleck talk every day.
    [*]There are two Batsuits (we've seen them both before — he has a traditional Batsuit, and an armored Batsuit like in "The Dark Knight Returns").
    [*]The armored suit has Kryptonite all over it, and it can shoot missiles.
    [*]There are two Batmobiles*.
    [*]Affleck has a shirtless scene as Bruce Wayne to show off his new physique.
    [*]The shirtless scene is beautifully shot and shows Affleck overlooking a destroyed city (probably Metropolis?).

Last edited:
Still, I'm excited to see it. I have a feeling it rumored to be focusing on Batman is both practical (in the sense Batman doesn't really need any CGI/special effects shots, which probably aren't even close to being done for Superman, Wonder Woman, etc) and giving fans what they are likely most interested in seeing (the new Batman played by Affleck).

Yes plus a) Batman is the cash cow/face of DC b) is the NEW title character as superman was introduced in man of steel. So like you said, makes sense :)

Exclusive details on Ben Affleck's Batman in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'

• Jalali and Affleck talk every day.
    [*]There are two Batsuits (we've seen them both before — he has a traditional Batsuit, and an armored Batsuit like in "The Dark Knight Returns").
    [*]The armored suit has Kryptonite all over it, and it can shoot missiles.
    [*]There are two Batmobiles*.
    [*]Affleck has a shirtless scene as Bruce Wayne to show off his new physique.
    [*]The shirtless scene is beautifully shot and shows Affleck overlooking a destroyed city (probably Metropolis?).

That sounds great to me :)

Exclusive details on Ben Affleck’s Batman in ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ [*]Jalali and Affleck talk every day. [*]There are two Batsuits (we’ve seen them both before — he has a traditional Batsuit, and an armored Batsuit like in “The Dark Knight Returns”). [*]The armored suit has Kryptonite all over it, and it can shoot missiles. [*]There are two Batmobiles*.

Cool!

[*]Affleck has a shirtless scene as Bruce Wayne to show off his new physique

Um... What?

facepalm.jpg

• [*]Affleck has a shirtless scene as Bruce Wayne to show off his new physique.
  • The shirtless scene is beautifully shot and shows Affleck overlooking a destroyed city (probably Metropolis?).

Marvel makes a great cast announcement with Doctor Strange and this is what DC gives us.

To be fair the shirtless to show body thing always happens. Arrow's workout scenes , Batman begins training ect... It's a trope that works :)

I'm more concerned with Batman shooting missiles. His Batmobile has a rotating turret too. This is Batman not Punisher. Unless this is going back to Tim Burton's bizzare Batman. Gotham certainly points to that.

The batman in stuff like the Frank Miller comics had a tank that shot guns (i think rubber bullets but still) and missiles to superman are like punches to regular folk :)

The batman in stuff like the Frank Miller comics had a tank that shot guns (i think rubber bullets but still) and missiles to superman are like punches to regular folk :)

I've always had a problem with that stuff. Batman shouldn't be using any of it. Feels massively out of character to me. I don't even like the grapple gun. I prefer the throw a grapple, attach the grapple to belt, and the belt reels it in. Batman shooting anything just seems weird.

Latest posts

Back