Batman/Superman news and rumors

They've already changed Superman beyond recognition, why not Lex Luthor?

If that's the case, I don't get it either. If you feel like you need to change a character so drastically, just create a new character to be what you need it to be instead of changing an established one. What is the point? You use an established character in order to have something that fans who like it can identify...so why would you change the character into something that doesn't resemble what he traditionally has been?

While I agree inherently, I think it's important to point out there's no evidence of anything being changed about the character. Him possibly having hair in the early parts of the film or a basketball court in his building's lobby doesn't change who the character is at his core.

Granted I don't read a ton of Superman comics but I've never known Lex Luthor to be the type that has a basketball court in his office.

The building lobby, I believe, not his office.

That's just as false as your statement about Nolan being embarrassed to be making a Batman film.

What evidence is that?

"...the rumor goes on to note Luthor's mannerisms are 'spastic … like a 20-something guy that pounds energy drinks all day.'"

Also the fact that they cast the guy who is best known for playing Zuckerberg. That may be a bit unfair to Eisenberg, but he's played the same type in every movie I've seen him in (socially awkward, somewhat unlikable genius). I think I even read on some article that they were explicitly making Luthor similar to Zuckerberg. Can't seem to find the article now though

Good point. At first, I was confused when I hear people complain about Superman's depiction in Man of Steel. I thought I had watched a Punisher movie. Didn't even realize it was supposed to be Superman.

Good point. At first, I was confused when I hear people complain about Superman's depiction in Man of Steel. I thought I had watched a Punisher movie. Didn't even realize it was supposed to be Superman.

Can't say I blame you. Superheroes killing makes me sick.

Last edited:

These statements don't even make sense, now.

Superman kills Zod because he's forced to, or to let innocents die. If he hadn't killed him in that scene people would complain he let the innocents die. And that was the point, to insert Superman into making a very hard choice. Between the two hard choices, he made the right one: he protected the innocents and killed the genocidal nut job who couldn't be reasoned with or imprisoned. People say Superman would've found another way, and perhaps as a more experienced or seasoned hero with more knowledge of his origin planet and the Phantom Zone he could've taken that approach...but then people would complain it was a carbon copy of Donner's Superman II. There's no winning with comic book fans.

Seriously, people, the simplistic snark do your points no justice.

Can't say I blame you. Superheroes killing makes me sick.

Yet you had no problem with Loeb having superheroes kill in Ultimates 3 or Ultimatum? Again, you have a heck of a double standard.

I replied to his snarky sarcastic comment with my own snarky only half-sarcastic comment. Also who said I didn't have a problem with The Ulimates killing?

Last edited:
These statements don't even make sense, now.

I was being sarcastic in response to the exaggerated claim that the superman in the movie was unrecognizable.

While I didn't love MOS, I've defended it in the past. I don't even have a problem with him killing Zod, I just have an issue with the awkward way it was staged. Who knows, if they address it in the Batman/Superman movie some of my issues could be relieved.

I replied to his snarky sarcastic comment with my own snarky only half-sarcastic comment. Also who said I didn't have a problem with The Ulimates killing?

You've only stated as such in regards to Ultimates 1 and 2, never in regards to anything written by Loeb.

I was being sarcastic in response to the exaggerated claim that the superman in the movie was unrecognizable.

Ah, ok. We really need a snark tag on this site.

While I didn't love MOS, I've defended it in the past. I don't even have a problem with him killing Zod, I just have an issue with the awkward way it was staged. Who knows, if they address it in the Batman/Superman movie some of my issues could be relieved.

Man of Steel has it's problems, as I've stated many times, and yes, that scene was awkward in that regard. But I also think it'll serve as an important catalyst and reminder for Superman in the future films. I also think it'll at least lead to a certain level of animosity or misunderstanding between Batman (who never kills) and Superman (who almost never kills). If Batman ends up killing in the series, then I'll know the writers/directors/producers just don't get it.

'Batman v Superman' Rumors: Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor and an SDCC Reveal

The site's source contends that Wonder Woman's costume will be closer to the character's classic look, with descriptions like "traditional, yet sleeker" and "battle ready." JoBlo explains: "She'll have a blue leather skirt, silver-armored cuffs that reach to her elbows, golden tiara (with a design of some sort in the center, possibly the red star) and a variation of the traditional-looking red top (no word on additional armor on it)." Princess Diana will also sport her Lasso of Truth, as well as a spear, sword and shield. More importantly, Diana reportedly will be introduced early in the film as a normal person before showing up as Wonder Woman for the final battle.

Last edited:
A Brooding Henry Cavill Gives Us Our First Look At Superman In Superman v Batman: Dawn Of Justice

superman-henry-cavil.jpg

So I just read the supposed script that was leaked a few months back for this movie. I do think it's an earlier draft version before Terrio's rewrite, but it does seem to be pretty close to what the final script will be based on many things leaked about the film's production: Lexcorp having a basketball court in the lobby, the Superman statue scene, the football stadium scene, etc.

I wasn't impressed by the script. It spends far too much time on fan service through introducing random DC comics characters who aren't essential at all to the plot. I also wasn't jazzed by a lot of the dialogue. Far too much exposition-related dialogue that doesn't sound like natural dialogue. It also treats Batman as kind of an idiot, as he's obviously and easily manipulated by Luthor.

There were some interesting things about it, however.

Spoilers (maybe, depends on how much it's changed):

The script establishes that Jason Todd recently died, and it's created a rift between Nightwing (who's hardly in the film at all, only two very short scenes and is a perfect example of an unnecessary addition) and Batman, and caused Batman to lose his purpose.

It also takes a kind of interesting approach with Lex, but at the same time I found his character to not have much depth or be as interesting as he should be.

Besides Lex, the big bad is actually Doomsday, who is cloned by Cadmus from Kryptonian DNA found on the World Engine from MoS. It ends up using the horribly cliched "this is our answer to Superman who won't do what human politicians tell him so we built our own but it broke our control program and went crazy" plot device and was an unimaginative disappointment. Also, Superman dies at the end, so it's heavily influenced by the Death of Superman arc from the comics in that regard and Doomsday's inclusion.

John Stewart is in it, and is already a Green Lantern, but doesn't actually show his Green Lantern powers and instead rights Doomsday with a gun and soldiers and tanks (which is completely illogical). At the end Superman's body is at STAR Labs and Stewart is there and is contacted by Kyle Raynor through his ring, Hal Jordan is also mentioned, Guy Gardner is also in the script but isn't a Lantern yet, just a cop. During Stewart's conversation with Raynor, it's mentioned Darkseid is coming to Earth, so I guess that's the villain for Justice League (assuming the script isn't changed majorly by Terrio's rewrite).

Victor Stone is in it, as well as his father Silas who works for STAR Labs and helps Superman. Victor is severely injured by Doomsday during the end battle scene (part of which occurs at the football stadium where Victor is playing in the game), obviously setting up Victor becoming Cyborg in the Justice League film.

Obviously Wonder Woman is in it, and she comes to Metropolis to rescue one of her Amazonian sisters who has been captured by Lexcorp. It's later implied the Kryptonian DNA they used to create Doomsday was supplemented with Amazonian DNA. She also joins Superman and Batman in the final battle against Doomsday.

Aquaman was not in the film script, though other Atlanteans were, but only in the opening battle scene. I'm assuming this means Aquaman will show up in Justice League, again unless that's something else Terrio alters.

But yeah, I'm not impressed. The character motivations and much of the dialogue was pretty bad. I'm really hoping Terrio's rewrite improves on that.

It ends up using the horribly cliched "this is our answer to Superman who won't do what human politicians tell him so we built our own but it broke our control program and went crazy" plot device and was an unimaginative disappointment.

That's an incredibly specific cliche. haha. But yeah, that script description sounds like a mess. Hopefully the rewrite is a lot different, or this script isn't real. The more and more news that comes out about this, the harder it is to stay cautiously optimistic. It just seems like they are trying to shove too much into this movie. They should have just focused on Superman, Batman, Lex and maybe some other big bad.

Latest posts

Back