Batman: The Brave and the Bold (series discussion)

Re: New Batman Animated Series to Air on Cartoon Network

Is this going to be arc-based?

I mean, each episode being self-contained would suit the Silver Age style of the show, but I think it would be cool if it turned out Batman was purposely going on all these team-ups to get data for his Brother Eye satellite.

Or something.

It looks incredibly lame.

I mean, if it were a comedy show making fun of 1960's superheroes in an Adult Swim style, then I'd be more okay with it... But this just looks rediculous.

Last edited:

I mean, if it were a comedy show making fun of 1960's superheroes in an Adult Swim style, then I'd be more okay with it... But this just looks rediculous.

Agreed.

I have absolutely no interest in this at all.

It's obviously a kids show and not geared towards our age group.

That said I find it interesting.

Last edited:

Bingo. We don't need more silly incarnations.

Bingo. We don't need more silly incarnations.

We certainly don't need any more dark incarnations.

And it really doesn't look "silly" at all. It looks like a normal action show with old school design sensibilities.

Last edited:

Am I the only one who agrees with this sentiment?

Damn...

I'm with you. I mean if you want to go for a brave and the bold treatment go with Superman who is more in tune with that sort of thing.

I'm with you. I mean if you want to go for a brave and the bold treatment go with Superman who is more in tune with that sort of thing.

*"($%(*"£^Y!:YAISHD,,,,QLHO:HQW

*Going completely nuts over something he agrees with 112%*

But they were making a Batman show, not a Superman one.

And must every Batman show be exactly the same?

Plus Brave and the Bold was a Batman team-up title, so it certainly has its roots in the comics.

But they were making a Batman show, not a Superman one.

His point is, if you're going to make a show with this light tone, make it a Superman one, because he is more suited to that sort of tone. I'd much rather a cheesy, retro Superman show than a cheesy retro Batman show. In fact, I'd LOVE a 1950s, atomic-age, team-up Superman show.

And must every Batman show be exactly the same?

Go and watch Gotham Knight. That's the show I want. It's only slightly like BTAS and it's nothing like 'The Batman' or this new ****e they're making.

Last edited:

His point is, if you're going to make a show with this light tone, make it a Superman one, because he is more suited to that sort of tone. I'd much rather a cheesy, retro Superman show than a cheesy retro Batman show. In fact, I'd LOVE a 1950s, atomic-age, team-up Superman show.

And my point is, the tone doesn't decide the character in the show. They're making a Batman show, not a light toned show.

Go and watch Gotham Knight. That's the show I want. It's only slightly like BTAS and it's nothing like 'The Batman' or this new ****e they're making.

And you already had that, what's wrong with something different?

And my point is, the tone doesn't decide the character in the show. They're making a Batman show, not a light toned show.

And you already had that, what's wrong with something different?

They don't care what you want, this is clearly aimed at kids.

Though I have wonder what WB is on sometimes, they have toy commericals that tie into the movie and they have these light hearted cartoons, that will convince kids to watch the movie and the movie really isn't for kids.

What's next a happy meal toy version of the movie Joker, with knife stabbing action?

They don't care what you want, this is clearly aimed at kids.

Though I have wonder what WB is on sometimes, they have toy commericals that tie into the movie and they have these light hearted cartoons, that will convince kids to watch the movie and the movie really isn't for kids.

What's next a happy meal toy version of the movie Joker, with knife stabbing action?

The Dark Knight isn't really any darker than either Burton Batman movie, and those were fine for kids. They won't get all the themes or whatever, but they'll still get to see Batman and Joker and Two-Face, and that's all they want.

And I would argue that a cartoon designed after Silver Age artists work is intended in part to appeal to an older audience.

The Dark Knight isn't really any darker than either Burton Batman movie, and those were fine for kids. They won't get all the themes or whatever, but they'll still get to see Batman and Joker and Two-Face, and that's all they want.

And I would argue that a cartoon designed after Silver Age artists work is intended in part to appeal to an older audience.

Batman returns is not something you should show to kids.

And really unless you were alive in the 60s, who would care about Silver age Batman?

Latest posts

Back