Batman: The Brave and the Bold (series discussion)

Re: New Batman Animated Series to Air on Cartoon Network

I've decided one of the other things that annoys me about this thing being made is that it's just yet another in a long line of unnecessary campy incarnations of Batman when campy versions of other superheroes could be made and could actually work.

This is campy and it works and remains faithful to the spirit of the character.

[youtube]s2JKY2X_AqY[/youtube]

This is campy and it's one of the best (if not the best) Superman scenes ever.

[youtube]U83YzCXI22U[/youtube]

EDIT: Scratch that. That's the best superhero scene in ****ing history.

Anyway, my point is this: Both of those videos are true to their respective characters while still being quite campy.

Whereas this:

[youtube]hhvkzhL6N2k[/youtube]

...bears absolutely zero resemblance to the character in this:

[youtube]9xFXfNIFUIE[/youtube]

or...:roll: this:

[youtube]nRp45EmzCSk[/youtube]

As hilarious as both of those videos are, they're not true to the character of today. That show was of its time and yet it seems to be a strong inspiration for this new show. Batman isn't a timeless character. What worked forty years ago doesn't neccessarily work today. Whereas Superman and Spider-Man's sillier adventures are still fun and exciting in their own context; Batman's adventures in time and space against the kooky, zany criminals of happy-go-lucky Gotham City are painful to read today and it just doesn't make sense that they'd want to make a show that embraces that element of the character.

Last edited:

This beats everything in terms of sheer stupidity:

[youtube]Kkc_Myyye20[/youtube]

Holy ****!
Magneto is Al Gore!

Last edited:

Th-that's just awful.

The best part is the ending of that episode when Reed fools Magneto by using a plastic gun at him and Mags thinks he lost his powers.

After getting him arrested by the police, Reed reveals the "clever" ruse, and Magneto just whines and whines instead of actually using his powers since he now knows he didn't lose them. Worst episode ever.

That show is always hilarious. If memory serves, they actually got their powers because they were the first people to cross the "weird, cosmic space-barrier" that surrounds planet Earth.

Obviously it was made before 1969, then.

The best part is the ending of that episode when Reed fools Magneto by using a plastic gun at him and Mags thinks he lost his powers.

After getting him arrested by the police, Reed reveals the "clever" ruse, and Magneto just whines and whines instead of actually using his powers since he now knows he didn't lose them. Worst episode ever.
I saw the entire episode too, and janjalani speaks the truth.

I have watched almost every episode of a Fantastic Four animated series.

Sadly.

That show is always hilarious. If memory serves, they actually got their powers because they were the first people to cross the "weird, cosmic space-barrier" that surrounds planet Earth.

Obviously it was made before 1969, then.

I'm going to assume you meant to say '61.

I'm going to assume you meant to say '61.

:oops:

The Moon-Landing was not man's first foray into space. Yuri Gagarin went in 1961. Brainfart on my part.

I actually had a test on that last week that I got 88% in. What the ****?

New stuff from the new Brave and Bold cartoon. I'm thinking this may not suck as much as initially suspected, still a lil too Dini/Timm for my taste but doesn't look as campy.

aquaman.jpg

Though, I admit... the utter raping of perspective and proportion makes my head hurt.

Last edited:

??

Seems more campy and cheese-ball-ish than the Timm version in my opinion.

I mean, they're battling Black Manta outside an under-water city. The inclusions of other DC characters besides Batman and his inner circle kind of requires it to be campier than BTAS was.

Shouldn't Batman be getting the bends or something?

O.O

I hate to admit it... I'm going to try watching it. It's kinda got that cool 60's Johnny Quest vibe, maybe it was the music, but you could really see the Sprang and Kirby influence.

Latest posts

Back