Batman: The Brave and the Bold (series discussion)

Gothamite

batman-braveandbold-logo1.jpg

:shock:​

THE CARTOON NETWORK has announced a new Batman animated series coming in 2008 -- BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD -- which will be broadcast in primetime on Friday nights. Here's the synopsis:

Batman isn't going at it alone this time! From Warner Bros. Animation comes the latest interpretation of the classic Batman franchise. Our caped crusader is teamed up with heroes from across the DC Universe, delivering nonstop action and adventure with a touch of comic relief. Blue Beetle, Green Arrow, Aquaman and countless others will get a chance to uphold justice alongside Batman. Though still based in Gotham, Batman will frequently find himself outside city limits, facing situations that are both unfamiliar and exhilarating. With formidable foes around every corner, Batman will still rely on his stealth, resourcefulness and limitless supply of cool gadgets to bring justice home.

JETT'S TAKE: Hey, I'm all down for a new Bat-animated series. Perhaps it won't be as kiddie-fied as THE BATMAN was since it's on Cartoon Network. It' has a very Silver Age vibe to it based on looking at the new promotional still. I'm not too sure what I think about "Batman...[will] frequently find himself outside city limits, facing situations that are both unfamiliar and exhilarating."

Self-respecting Bat-fans...welcome to Hell.

Last edited:
Re: New Batman Animated Series to Air on Cartoon Network

I'm both intrested and disturbed equally!

*waits for Parker's jaw to fall through the Earth's crust and down through its core until it comes out in Australia*

Somewhere...

Joe Kalicki is celebrating...

What else is new?

;)

:lol::lol: damn you.

I mean I'm disturbed as it looks/sound bad BUT intrested as they are going more silver-age appearance which is great.

I'm conflicted

I mean I'm disturbed as it looks/sound bad BUT intrested as they are going more silver-age appearance which is great.

There's so much wrong with the concept of this show.

First of all, (and I'll admit that this is a minor one) silver age Batman without Robin is a crime that will go unnoticed by any and everyone except me. There was rarely (if ever) an issue of Brave and Bold in the Silver Age that didn't have Robin in it.

Second, if they're going for a silver age look, why does Blue Beetle have the suit he's had for the last FIFTEEN MINUTES?!

Lastly, go and watch the first episode of Batman: The Animated Series, where Batman is getting in the Batmobile for the first time.

They went from that to The Batman to THIS?! For the next Batman show, they might as well just call in Clooney and Schwarzenegger and do Batman: The Nipple Years Animated Series.

It's ****ing retarded.

Last edited:

Second, if they're going for a silver age look, why does Blue Beetle have the suit he's had for the last FIFTEEN MINUTES?!

Yeah, Silver Age does not suit Jaime in the slightest. He looks like less of a Blue Beetle and more of a "Blue-Horny-Toad-Man."

I'm conflicted

I want a weekly Batman Begins / The Dark Knight cartoon to air on Adult Swim, and be aimed at teens and young adults (darker, more serious tone, though obviously lighter than the movies). Sort of like the old Animated Series--which in turn is kind of influencing the Batman Gotham Knights DVD. Story wise I'd like to see the tone of that applied to a weekly series, but without an anime influence. Ideally, I'd like to see a more detailed, noticeable photorealistic art style, but still reminscent of the more simplistic Batman: TAS.

It has been well documented that Cartoon Network's animated series based off comic books have been complete ****.

Fantastic Four? ****.

Transformers? ****.

Now Batman? ****.

Dear Cartoon Network,

Stop it. Please.

I am totally fine with more episodes of Chowder. In fact, rather than bring this new Batman series to fruition....just bring back my IGPX.

Please.

Sincerely,
Doom

What the **** is this? Is this a ****ing joke? Some kind of April Fool's joke?

I also miss IGPX, Doom.

What the **** is this? Is this a ****ing joke? Some kind of April Fool's joke?

It's Cartoon Network destroying your childhood! Yay!

Transformers? ****

You mean the new Tranformers Animated? If so two problems.

1st) Transformers cartoons are not based on comic books.

2nd) Transformers animated while looking diffrent is actually pretty fun.

However if you mean the anime ones : Armada , Energon and Cybertron they were not created by cartoon network but instead Actas Inc. , Cartoon Network just dubbed and should not be blamed.

I want a weekly Batman Begins / The Dark Knight cartoon to air on Adult Swim, and be aimed at teens and young adults (darker, more serious tone, though obviously lighter than the movies). Sort of like the old Animated Series--which in turn is kind of influencing the Batman Gotham Knights DVD. Story wise I'd like to see the tone of that applied to a weekly series, but without an anime influence. Ideally, I'd like to see a more detailed, noticeable photorealistic art style, but still reminscent of the more simplistic Batman: TAS.

That could be cool.

First of all, (and I'll admit that this is a minor one) silver age Batman without Robin is a crime that will go unnoticed by any and everyone except me. There was rarely (if ever) an issue of Brave and Bold in the Silver Age that didn't have Robin in it.

Lastly, go and watch the first episode of Batman: The Animated Series, where Batman is getting in the Batmobile for the first time.

They went from that to The Batman to THIS?! For the next Batman show, they might as well just call in Clooney and Schwarzenegger and do Batman: The Nipple Years Animated Series.

It's ****ing retarded.

I loved Batman TAS but I'm still intrested in this. Until I see an episode or two I won't judge it.

That's not going to happen, in the west the only cartoons aimed at adults are comedies and CN is not going put in a ton of money on something that would very risky, networks like to play it safe. For that to happen, you need a cultural shift in the mind set of western cultural attitudes.

Its only recently have companies started making PG-13 DTVs, so the batman anime is the closest thing you will see to that.

Meanwhile this cartoon is aimed at kids, combine the act that TV execs think kids are stupid and combine with the fact kids can be very stupid sometimes and the results speak for themselves....

I hate to say this, but this is such a unanimous agreement amongst people who like Batman in any way shape or form that I really can't even see why you bothered posting it.

That's not going to happen, in the west the only cartoons aimed at adults are comedies and CN is not going put in a ton of money on something that would very risky, networks like to play it safe. For that to happen, you need a cultural shift in the mind set of western cultural attitudes.

What about JLU? Was that such a dismal flop?

I misspoke. What I was really trying to put forth is I want a cartoon, very reminscent in tone and storytelling style to both Batman Begins and TDK (toned down just the right amount to balance it between children and adults, but like TAS did), and in fact serving as a spin-off the the movies. I'm basically wishing for them to bring back Batman - TAS, with a different art direction/style, based on Begins/TDK/future movies in the series.

Its unrealistic on some levels, I know, but the success of TAS itself, and its somewhat darker and more adult tone than most shows predominantly adolescent boys are watching, prove it can be done right, and find an audience.

Its only recently have companies started making PG-13 DTVs, so the batman anime is the closest thing you will see to that.

Sadly, yes, most likely.

Meanwhile this cartoon is aimed at kids, combine the act that TV execs think kids are stupid and combine with the fact kids can be very stupid sometimes and the results speak for themselves....

*sigh*

So true.

Gothamite said:
I hate to say this, but this is such a unanimous agreement amongst people who like Batman in any way shape or form that I really can't even see why you bothered posting it.

Cuz I felt like it.

What?

Yeah...thats what I thought.

PPpppfffff.

Latest posts

Back