Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined)

My Theory: The Final Five are GODS and they created the Cylons in their image. They reincarnate (ie: download) and grow up and die and do it all over again. And they have been doing this for a long time. They are humans, essentially. They are just immortal. Which is why Tyrol & Cami's baby isn't testing positive for any anomolies. The Temple of 5 is dedicated to them by the original refugees going to Earth. And they are trying to bring their children back together.

That's not bad there's just a little problem - these Cylons are integral within colonial society (what I mean is, two of them are military personnel and would've been extensively vetted, and I'm pretty sure "no birth parents" would've been odd) and there's no real way for these guys to actually be Cylon models since they couldn't be in the positions they're in if they're cylons unless these Cylons are born to normal people in a generational way as you suggest. That's how they resurrect. But that doesn't make much sense either. Not only that, but if the final five wanted to bring the humans and cylons together, why would they hide, pretending to be human? Why wouldn't they be a diplomatic bridge between the two races? If they've been around since before the cylons were invented by man, why would they let them drift apart at all?

The problem with your (and anyone's) theory is that because the cylons and the Plan aren't in pace from episode 1, no matter what brilliant idea you come up with, it will have plot holes that don't make sense. Unless you can do an Earth X thing and tie it together.

Regardless, your idea that the Cylons predate all this commotion makes a lot of sense, as it would explain the temple of 5 and Tyrol's "I've been here before" comment (and Starbuck's "what's happened will happen again" thing).

As far as the social commentary in the show - Bass, yer talking to Americans here. We don't usually understand something unless it's thrown in our faces. Thus in order for the common , mid-west corn-bread dumb arse to understand it, they have to make it blatant - which is why you don't like it. Not everyone realizes that Who Goes There (The Thing) is a commentary on Communism, either. It's being re-made again. This time, to the current generation, it will be on Terrorists, the "hidden" enemy that may lok like one our friends. The story is so appropriate for this time period, once again.

Actually, I think Americans do understand subtelties and irony. I dislike the stereotype that they don't. However, I think that most people (not just Americans) are so used to have everything throw in their faces, that when someone does use subtlety, it throws everyone off. :?

I almost shat myself laughing at the majority of that. The rest I just nodded my head in agreement with.

God, I wish you weren't right all the time. Its such an annoying character flaw. ;)

And the real reason of why I'm single is revealed.

And the real reason of why I'm single is revealed.

I thought it was just the hair.

So anyway, there's a new Battlestar Galactica novel coming out on Tuesday called "Unity". Since its the only Battlestar I'll be getting for at least the next 6 months, I'll be picking it up, especially since I enjoyed the previous few novels set in the re-imagined continuity.

The Mini-Series novelization was a decent read, and did a fair job of minorly expanding on the characters' backstories and certain plot events. "The Cylons' Secret", which is a prequel novel set 20 years before the series, was definitly the weakest so far in the series. "Sagittarius Is Bleeding" by Peter David was definitly the stand-out so far, as it did a great job of exploring and focusing on Roslin.

I also like that they all fit into the established continuity, especially David's "Sagittarius Is Bleeding", which went so far as to take place between specific episodes and reflect so through dialogue and characters (mainly from the Pegasus) showing up to reinforce its place in continuity.

We'll see how well this one turns out...at least until the DVD movie out late this year.

Does anyone remember this show?

If not, I'll post a reminder in November when the BSG movie/extended episode "Razor" airs and is released on DVD. Then the fourth season begins in January/February.

In the meantime, the BSG comics by Dynamite based off the new series are still selling. The twelve issue maxi BSG finished in July, the Zarek four issue mini series finished earlier this year, another twelve issue maxi-series called "BSG Season Zero" started in August, a "Pegasus" one-shot is available in October, and starting in November another mini called "BSG Origins" begins (seems a bit redundant given the Season Zero series).

Dynamite is merchandising the hell out of this license.

Just finished season 3.

Wow.

Gah.

Irk.

Pff.

Tyrol? Tigh?

All Along the Watchtower?

Starbuck? Apollo?

Gaius?

I love this show so, so much it hurts.

Just finished season 3.

Wow.

Gah.

Irk.

Pff.

Tyrol? Tigh?

All Along the Watchtower?

Starbuck? Apollo?

Gaius?

I love this show so, so much it hurts.

I'm glad someone else on UC besides me still watches it. Have you gotten a chance to check out Razor, yet? Its really well done, in my opinion. Its just recently come out on Region 1 DVD, not sure if its available over there yet.

So the first episode of Season 4 priemered last night. I was out, but recorded it and watched it when I got home. Last night's episode just further reminded me of one, undeniable fact: the reimagined BSG has the best space battles...ever. Seriously, I prefer them over even the Star Wars equivalents. Last season's premiere also had some pretty amazing outer space dogfighting scenes, and this one upped it by 5 notches.

Complain about the sometimes questionable directions the show has taken all you want, but you can't deny the space battles are friggin' amazing. Seriously, if anyone knows of a movie, tv show, etc with more amazing sci-fi battle scenes, please let me know. But for now I'm confident in my assessment.

ZOIC rules!

Otherwise, the episode was pretty damn good otherwise. It hit the ground running and kept a good pace throughout, and more than a few new interesting developments came to light.

Caprica casting news reveals interesting developments about BSG Prequel, and how those developments may explain the humanoid Cylons.

More Caprica character/plot info

The premiere was great.

First of all, the part where Tigh "killed" Adama was great, even though I could immediately tell it was a hallucination. Just shows you that simply saying "I know who I am" might not help The New Cylons On the Block.

When the raider focused in on Anders and his eye went red for a second, I said 'Oh ****'. I bet that he'll be the first one to do something eeeevil. I bet that was him being really activated.

I was all ready to assume that Starbuck was a Cylon, (How else do you come back from the dead?) but I guess something stranger is going on.

And Baltar is being worshiped by a cult of hot chicks who would do anything for him. And somehow...this actually seems to be making him a better person.

"Can you feel the presence of God?"

"Yes, I think I can."

:lol:

Next week looks great. Cylon revolt!
So the first episode of Season 4 priemered last night. I was out, but recorded it and watched it when I got home. Last night's episode just further reminded me of one, undeniable fact: the reimagined BSG has the best space battles...ever. Seriously, I prefer them over even the Star Wars equivalents. Last season's premiere also had some pretty amazing outer space dogfighting scenes, and this one upped it by 5 notches.

Complain about the sometimes questionable directions the show has taken all you want, but you can't deny the space battles are friggin' amazing. Seriously, if anyone knows of a movie, tv show, etc with more amazing sci-fi battle scenes, please let me know. But for now I'm confident in my assessment.

ZOIC rules!
Indeed.
Caprica casting news reveals interesting developments about BSG Prequel, and how those developments may explain the humanoid Cylons.

More Caprica character/plot info
Meh. Sounds a bit soap opera-ish.

When I heard "prequel that'll explain how the Cylons rebelled", I though they'd be doing something from the perspective of the Cylons.

Last edited:
Meh. Sounds a bit soap opera-ish.

When I heard "prequel that'll explain how the Cylons rebelled", I though they'd be doing something from the perspective of the Cylons.

Agreed, but I didn't post the link so much for the plot details pertaining to Caprica, but for how they relate to Battlestar Galactica itself. The idea of a digitally copied DNA/mental duplicate being downloaded into a robotic body with biological entities serving as the beginning of the Cylons makes a lot of sense given the whole "we are humanity's children" line they've been mumbling about since the show began. It works literally and figuratively since the "children" are Adama's and Graystone's, but Adama stops the procedure on his dead daughter. It sounds interesting as a TV Movie Prequel, but I don't think it can (or should) last as a series.

I was convinced that Baltar was going to come to Earth and basically become Jesus and the Cylons would be the first Christians. But what with the frickin' Bob Dylan song, and him shaving, now I'm not so sure.

Check it out:

A new image from Entertainment Weekly. The Last Supper.

2177726792_7b0e59cfbd_b.jpg

(This is so my new wallpaper.)

And Ron Moore gives some hints about what clues the photo may drop about Season 4.

Last edited:
Check it out:

A new image from Entertainment Weekly. The Last Supper.

2177726792_7b0e59cfbd_b.jpg

(This is so my new wallpaper.)

And Ron Moore gives some hints about what clues the photo may drop about Season 4.

According to several of the actors (Edward James Olmos, Katee Sackhoff, Tahmoh Penikett and the dude who plays Chief--forgot his real name), a lot of what Moore said about the photo in terms of hints about Season 4 is BS.

Moore wasn't on set when the photo took place, but supposedly did phone in some ideas. However, according to the three actors I mentioned above, no one passed on those ideas to them or any of the other actors on set.

Eh, whatever. The photo itself is damn cool, either way.

I just wouldn't look into it for clues about the show's future.

According to several of the actors (Edward James Olmos, Katee Sackhoff, Tahmoh Penikett and the dude who plays Chief--forgot his real name), a lot of what Moore said about the photo in terms of hints about Season 4 is BS.

Moore wasn't on set when the photo took place, but supposedly did phone in some ideas. However, according to the three actors I mentioned above, no one passed on those ideas to them or any of the other actors on set.

Eh, whatever. The photo itself is damn cool, either way.

I just wouldn't look into it for clues about the show's future.
Eh, that's a bit disappointing.

I saw the premier.

As someone who has only seen the ending to season 3, I'm hooked. Seriously. I have no idea what has happened, hardly any clue to what's going on, but it's awesome.

Also, Starbuck is obviously going to threaten the President's life to hijack the fleet.

I saw the premier.

As someone who has only seen the ending to season 3, I'm hooked. Seriously. I have no idea what has happened, hardly any clue to what's going on, but it's awesome.

Also, Starbuck is obviously going to threaten the President's life to hijack the fleet.

Yep.

Admittedly, during the latter part of Season 2 and most of Season 3, the show lost some of its direction and certainly had its fair share of less than stellar "filler" episodes, but there were still some real gems. Most notable of those is the Season 3 finale, "Crossroads". I'm hoping Season 4 turns the trend of filler episodes around and delivers like the first season did.

Romo Lampkin (Baltar's lawyer) is the coolest character on TV in my opinion. He's like a legalese House, with a more subdued and deeper intelligence to him. I'm excited knowing his character will show up a few more times this season (and hopefully in the latter half of the season which only just started shooting).

Oh, and here's a pretty big spoiler:

On the last day of shooting before the Writer's Strike, Starbuck and Leoben (one of the Cylon models) have a conversation in a forest...on Earth. Whether this is a dream/illusion, etc remains to be seen, but interesting nonetheless.

Yep.

Admittedly, during the latter part of Season 2 and most of Season 3, the show lost some of its direction and certainly had its fair share of less than stellar "filler" episodes, but there were still some real gems. Most notable of those is the Season 3 finale, "Crossroads". I'm hoping Season 4 turns the trend of filler episodes around and delivers like the first season did.
I skipped most of the one-off episodes on the dvd. I wanted to finish the season in time for the new premier and I knew they weren't essential. I'm sure I'll catch them on tv at some point.
Oh, and here's a pretty big spoiler:

On the last day of shooting before the Writer's Strike, Starbuck and Leoben (one of the Cylon models) have a conversation in a forest...on Earth. Whether this is a dream/illusion, etc remains to be seen, but interesting nonetheless.
Oooo.

I skipped most of the one-off episodes on the dvd. I wanted to finish the season in time for the new premier and I knew they weren't essential. I'm sure I'll catch them on tv at some point.

Infidel.

But yeah, you're right. Stuff like "The Woman King", while maybe exploring or furthering a character, don't do much to further along the main plot. Some are still good episodes in their own right, so I recommend you check them out when you get a chance.

Latest posts

Back