I've read the first issues to all the minis so far, and I'm so uninterested in every single one. The only one I've not read is the one I'm most eager for; DR MANHATTAN. But I expect to be buying it for the art, and nothing else.

They only one I've found uninteresting is the Minutemen one, which surprised me because I really like Darwyn Cooke. The second issue was better.

The rest have been decent. None are profound on any level, but who cares?

Rorschach #1 was also a decent start to that series.

I liked Dr. Manhattan #1.

Minutemen #3 continues to disappoint.

Ozymandius #3 is absolutely beautiful as far as the art goes, and the plot isn't terrible, but the script and dialogue are abysmal. "oh, excuse me. I forgot who I was talking to." Douche-chill bad.

I know I am basically the only person who will admit to reading these, much less liking them, but I liked the Moloch 2-parter quite a bit, and seeing it tie into existing the Watchmen timeline (even though this is supposed to be "before" Watchmen).

I plan to read these in one go once an Omnibus type edition collecting all the Before Watchmen issues is released. Then I can follow it up with Watchmen and unfairly compare the two (not that it's unfair to compare the two since one's a prequel to the other, but in the overall quality). That'll probably be awhile, though.

Latest posts

Back