Blackest Night discussion (Spoilers!)

So, yeah. Boomerang Baby's sub-plot was ****ing rere. Just. Plain. Awful.

So, now that we're near the end of BN, it's not exactly a riveting story that speaks meaningfully to he human condition, but it is solid, stupid comic book fun with some good characterization sprinkled throughout.

Plus, the art is gorgeous. I loved Mahnke and Kolins' output this week.

Edit: Oh, huh. I missed your post Grocer Man. Obviously we disagree. We should find solace in each other's arms.

Last edited:
So, yeah. Boomerang Baby's sub-plot was ****ing rere. Just. Plain. Awful.

So, now that we're near the end of BN, it's not exactly a riveting story that speaks meaningfully to he human condition, but it is solid, stupid comic book fun with some good characterization sprinkled throughout.

Plus, the art is gorgeous. I loved Mahnke and Kolins' output this week.

Edit: Oh, huh. I missed your post Grocer Man. Obviously we disagree. We should find solace in each other's arms.

No, it's pretty bad.

"Oh, zombie daddy! I totally believe you are my daddy and I will bring you back to life by tossing women and children into a pit so you can eat them and live! This is surely something you would do and Captain Cold would approve of!"

The only reason I'm not raging about it is because I'm not that familiar with the character. Which is a bit hypocritical, since I just made a thread about this kind of thing.

No, it's pretty bad.

"Oh, zombie daddy! I totally believe you are my daddy and I will bring you back to life by tossing women and children into a pit so you can eat them and live! This is surely something you would do and Captain Cold would approve of!"

The only reason I'm not raging about it is because I'm not that familiar with the character. Which is a bit hypocritical, since I just made a thread about this kind of thing.

Um. That should have said "Obviously we agree". Sorry.

But, as someone who's familiar with the character, no.... It doesn't make any sense given the character's background.

Yeah, that was a waste of kid Boomerang. :(

Captain Cold is awesome though.

You know what's even better? The flavor text at the end.

The Black Hand is Michael Meyers.

In case you were wondering.

:roll:

Bwahahaha! Did anyone else read GLC yet?

Refrigerator, and rainbow bullet.

That is all.

I KNOW! I laughed for five minutes!

Rainbow bullet, shoot by the sniper of the Sinestro corps, who was killed I thought in the Sinestro war.

Can't get much better than that.

Though, was Dove killed? Didn't see her again after that, did we?

Last edited:
I KNOW! I laughed for five minutes!

Rainbow bullet, shoot by the sniper of the Sinestro corps, who was killed I thought in the Sinestro war.

Can't get much better than that.

Though, was Dove killed? Didn't see her again after that, did we?

I thought that guy was dead too. As for Dove, she's probably hanging out in the anti-monitor's head.

Well, the ending I think everyone expected to happen, though with some twists, like the White Lantern Corps and all that. Some surprising characters get resurrected, while others you thought would didn't, or at least not shown if they did or not. Still, fun read.

Yeah, I thought it was a satisfying conclusion. While reading it, I was thinking how crazy it was with all of the different things going on but then I got to the page with the resurrected heroes and grinned. I am so glad they're back.

Congratulations, Geoff Johns. You have succeeded. Bring on Brightest Day.

I guess Firestorm is Ronnie and Jason now, awkwaaarrrd. Though, Batman: The Brave and the Bold had them as the Firestorm duo two months back, coincidence?

Predictable but satisfying - I agree.

I was hoping for more of a "redemption" for Sinestro. Maybe there was and I just didn't pick up on it.

The returns of Aquaman and Martian Manhunter were the most predictable but I have to say of all of the character returns from the dead I've seen over the years - these were probably the most acceptable circumstances.

What am I missing re: the significance of the appearance of the White Lantern battery at the end?

Overall the series was great. I really enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Back