Brandon Peterson named Ultimate Extinction artist at SDCC Ultimate Marvel Panel

Patriot Mk2

The poster formerly known as Johnny Bravo
Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Messages
2,126
Location
Dublin, Ireland
Straight from Newsarama.com, Marvels Ultimate Panel has just wrapped up. A lot of new information including some character sketches (including Silver Sable by Bagley), a few pages from Ultimate Fantastic Four #22 and the artist for Extinction was named:

The publisher also announced artist Brandon Peterson as the penciler for the third part of Warren Ellis’ Ultimate Trilogy, Ultimate Extinction, and provided a slide show of images from upcoming Ultimate titles.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
Nice. Thanks for the find.

I love the Ultimate Extinction cover. That ship looks like 616 Galactus' helmet and one of the dead bodies is Captain America.

:D
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
Haha. This proves how cool Immonen is. He made Wolverine look like a woman.

Ha!
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
ProjectX2 said:
Nice. Thanks for the find.

I love the Ultimate Extinction cover. That ship looks like 616 Galactus' helmet and one of the dead bodies is Captain America.

:D

Definitly. From the UE #1 cover, it looks like Captain America's and Cyclop's skeletons. Not sure who the one in the far backgroun on the right is though (the one who's hanging over the rock).

I don't think thats his ship though, I think thats actually Galactus. Looks like he may not be too different from his 616 version after all. And with the cover showing Cyclops and Cap, it looks like UE will feature the Ultimates (which we already assumed) and the X-Men, like Ultimate Nightmare. I suppose its likely we'll also see the UFF in this mini. Man I cannot WAIT for this title.

Also, anyone see the pages from UFF #22. The second page shows something purple coming out of the sky behind the clouds and then shooting stuff at the ground. Maybe MWoF called it correctly and we may see a crossover in Crossover with the Galactus trilogy. Maybe a lead-in to it anyway. Perhaps this is a 616 Earth where the FF didn't send Galactus off with the Ultimate Nullifier (think we'll see an Ultimate Ultimate Nullifier in UE?) and somehow the FF there turned into zombie-looking creatures? Who knows, but MWoF may be onto something here.
 

ultimatedjf

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
9,059
Location
Boston, Massachusetts
DIrishB said:
Definitly. From the UE #1 cover, it looks like Captain America's and Cyclop's skeletons. Not sure who the one in the far backgroun on the right is though (the one who's hanging over the rock).

I don't think thats his ship though, I think thats actually Galactus. Looks like he may not be too different from his 616 version after all. And with the cover showing Cyclops and Cap, it looks like UE will feature the Ultimates (which we already assumed) and the X-Men, like Ultimate Nightmare. I suppose its likely we'll also see the UFF in this mini. Man I cannot WAIT for this title.

Also, anyone see the pages from UFF #22. The second page shows something purple coming out of the sky behind the clouds and then shooting stuff at the ground. Maybe MWoF called it correctly and we may see a crossover in Crossover with the Galactus trilogy. Maybe a lead-in to it anyway. Perhaps this is a 616 Earth where the FF didn't send Galactus off with the Ultimate Nullifier (think we'll see an Ultimate Ultimate Nullifier in UE?) and somehow the FF there turned into zombie-looking creatures? Who knows, but MWoF may be onto something here.



Purple thing? I haven't looked at the pages, but
Magneto
is supposed to be in the issue.
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
I think the UFF may tie in to Ultimate Extinction, but we'll have to wait and see.

The Ultimates in their "2" costumes appeared in UFF. Does that still mean that the Galactus trilogy has happened already in UFF? DirishB? I need your timeline skills...
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
thee great one said:
I tell you Extinction going to happen after Ultimates 2.
Nope, sorry. Millar already said that ALL minis that the Ultimates are in fall in between Ultimates Vol. 1 & 2.
 

SeAcoW

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
904
icemastertron said:
Nope, sorry. Millar already said that ALL minis that the Ultimates are in fall in between Ultimates Vol. 1 & 2.


Buh that sucks. I really hoped it would be after vol.2 so we could see some members get killed. Galactus is one bigass spider ?
 

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
15,570
Location
Mormon Land.
Yeah and Bendis said he'll never do a Carnage or Venom in Ultimate Spider-Man. He said that when only Ultimate Six, War, and Nightmare were out. Then they added the little caption in Secret. He never said future minis. They asked him when those ones take place and he said inbetween. Even if he meant the whole trilogy then they can change their mind. Because it would make a lot more sense to do it that way.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
thee great one said:
Yeah and Bendis said he'll never do a Carnage or Venom in Ultimate Spider-Man. He said that when only Ultimate Six, War, and Nightmare were out. Then they added the little caption in Secret. He never said future minis. They asked him when those ones take place and he said inbetween. Even if he meant the whole trilogy then they can change their mind. Because it would make a lot more sense to do it that way.
It might, but its not the way its being handled....
 

René

Starring in "The Longest Yard", opening Memorial D
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
1,249
Location
Bay Area
DIrishB said:
Definitly. From the UE #1 cover, it looks like Captain America's and Cyclop's skeletons. Not sure who the one in the far backgroun on the right is though (the one who's hanging over the rock).

I think the guy in the background is Reed Richards. Cant wait for this to come out.
 
Last edited:

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Throughout the panel Quesada hinted at big plans coming for the Ultimate Universe, including plans for "The Ultimates" when Mark Millar and Brian Hitch complete their run on the title. He said that Marvel would announce their plans in three weeks.
Get ready guys. Countdown begins now. 8)
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
icemastertron said:
Get ready guys. Countdown begins now. 8)

3 weeks - is that the Chicago con?
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Included in the slide show were sketches of Silver Sable and the Wild Pack (included in this article) who actually had their Ultimate debut in the "Ultimate Spider-Man" video game, which won best game at this Electronic Entertainment Expo. A note attached to the images said the Wild Pack would appear in “Ultimate Spider-Man” 86.

This is good news. So it looks like the Ultimate Wild Pack will be showing up too, both in the game and in the first issue of the arc following Warriors/Gang War.

"Ultimate Extinction” artist Brandon Petersen was very excited about the series. He said it was very vast and sweeping and included almost everybody in the Ultimate Universe.

Hmmmm, almost everybody? Well it isn't any big surprise if the Ultimates, X-Men, and FF show up, but you think this might mean even Spidey could make an appearance? Not sure how they'd go about bringing him into something with this big of a scope, guess we'll have to wait and see.

In "Ultimate Secret," Galactus finally arrives in the Ultimate Universe. Petersen said the concept of Galactus makes sense. Ellis and Petersen wanted to avoid making him a giant guy in a purple suit. Petersen also said that an Ultimate version of the Silver Surfer would be part of the story, but he may not be what readers expect.

Interesting...I knew we were gonna be seeing Ultimate Silver Surfer in this trilogy. But not being what readers would expect sounds good to me, I don't think the idea of a cosmically powered alien riding around the galaxy on his surfboard would go over that well in the Ultimate Universe. And we've already gotten the Herald in Vision, so what role do you think Surfer will play? Friend or foe? Will SS be the one who save the Earth (cuz seriously, I don't think every super-human/mutant on the Earth is enough to defeat Big G, though I could be wrong)?

Also, the news that Ellis/Peterson are avoiding having Galactus a big guy in a purple suit is interesting. Does this mean he won't be a giant alien with a crazy helmet? The cover of the first issue of Extinction sure looks a lot like 616 Galactus, but who knows. Can't wait to see him.

Quesada also said that Marvel would be addressing the discrepancy between characters that made their debut in the "Ultimate Team-up" book with Spider-Man and then appeared in their own Ultimate title or team book later.

Now this I'm looking forward to almost as much as Ultimate Extinction. Finally, the timeline will be a little more discrepancy-free!
 

Latest posts

Top