Brandon Peterson named Ultimate Extinction artist at SDCC Ultimate Marvel Panel

To be fair, we don't know if these three things are even Galactus. Perhaps they are just his followers or something... He must have fans, right?

In "Ultimate Secret," Galactus finally arrives in the Ultimate Universe. Petersen said the concept of Galactus makes sense. Ellis and Petersen wanted to avoid making him a giant guy in a purple suit. Petersen also said that an Ultimate version of the Silver Surfer would be part of the story, but he may not be what readers expect.

Pulled that from a more indepth source about the panel. ;)

Also, Quesada revealed that he would be unveiling what would be following Millar and Hitch on the Ultimates and more Ultimate news in three weeks. Keep your eyes peeled, everyone.

Goodwill said:
In "Ultimate Secret," Galactus finally arrives in the Ultimate Universe. Petersen said the concept of Galactus makes sense. Ellis and Petersen wanted to avoid making him a giant guy in a purple suit. Petersen also said that an Ultimate version of the Silver Surfer would be part of the story, but he may not be what readers expect.

Pulled that from a more indepth source about the panel. ;)

Also, Quesada revealed that he would be unveiling what would be following Millar and Hitch on the Ultimates and more Ultimate news in three weeks. Keep your eyes peeled, everyone.
Yes, we know all that already. We've been talking about that since it was first said.

Goodwill said:
To be fair, we don't know if these three things are even Galactus. Perhaps they are just his followers or something... He must have fans, right?

yeah. but if gah lac tus is a trinity instead of one being I would like that twist. it would be in line with vision being a tall android of alien design. The essence is still there, but with a nice change.

off topic slightly:

Marvel really dropped the ball with this one. if the powers-that-be had viewed this series as importantly as they did their House of M stuff(has any of that been delayed?) it would be done already(or close to it). but if all goes well, this won't finish until next year. :(

What if Gah Lak Tus is made up of different parts?

GAH LAK TUS action figure: Combine the three mini-Gah Lak Tus' to form ULTRA MEGA POWER GAH LAK TUS with three amazing sentences: NOTHING CAN DEFEAT THE QUAD-LASER! THE BULLET IS ENORMOUS! THE EXPLOSION WILL BE OF ENORMOUS MAGNITUDE!

ULTRA MEGA POWER GAH LAK TUS! Nothing says "World Devouror" than "Cheap, Plastic, Toy".

On the other hand, it might be cool. :D

Wamu said:
yeah. but if gah lac tus is a trinity instead of one being I would like that twist. it would be in line with vision being a tall android of alien design. The essence is still there, but with a nice change.

off topic slightly:

Marvel really dropped the ball with this one. if the powers-that-be had viewed this series as importantly as they did their House of M stuff(has any of that been delayed?) it would be done already(or close to it). but if all goes well, this won't finish until next year. :(

I really like how Ellis is taking things differently, with the Silver Surfer not being something we expect, but is there a limit to these differences? I'm just worried that there will be such enormous differences that it might have been a different character and it would've had the same effect... Don't get me wrong, if Galactus was done like the War of the Worlds, I would be open to it, but it wouldn't be as cool as it would've been had it come out on time.

Also, with all these delays, yes, I do believe it's bad timing on Marvel's part, but that's how the cookie crumbles, I guess. We've got to warmly welcome Deadpool, Silver Sable, etc. to the Ultimate Universe, too, even though their introductions aren't really called for right now. Oh well. :) I'm still looking forward to Extinction whenever they decide to release it.

ProjectX2 said:
What if Gah Lak Tus is made up of different parts?

I saw some Marvel figures in the store that each have a different piece of Galactus included, and you have to buy all of them to assemble Galactus. Coincidence....?

UltimateE said:
I saw some Marvel figures in the store that each have a different piece of Galactus included, and you have to buy all of them to assemble Galactus. Coincidence....?
Haha. I have 3 parts of him!!! :lol:

Dude, put a picture of that Galactus toy up one here. I've only seen the head and it looks sweet.

UltimateE said:

Yeah, thats the new Marvel Legends series right? I think the next series will have pieces of a Sentinel if I recall correctly packaged with the figures.

Good marketing ploy in my opinion to get fans to buy ALL the figures.

Galactus.jpg

It towers over the other ones too. It's pretty sweet.

That's so sweet. How many parts does he come in?

Also, all this talk of comparisons - both Clix and TGO's figure - let's see some, guys! :D

Bass said:
That's so sweet. How many parts does he come in?

Also, all this talk of comparisons - both Clix and TGO's figure - let's see some, guys! :D

Ok, here you go:

a3ce.jpg

You can see the Sentinel and Dark Phoenix Con Exclusive in the background as well, to either side of Galactus.

And if for some reason you want to check out other pics of it go to the page here:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/albybat/album?.dir=/24a5

Last edited:
since the Yahoo pics are so small, i'm posting the others here:

**If for some reason the pics aren't being displayed for you, follow the link in my post above to see the MUCH smaller versions.**

The Avengers/Spider-Man Allies
8dbd.jpg

d81f.jpg

Fantastic Four/The Defenders/SHIELD
b290.jpg

X-Men
1a29.jpg

Brotherhood/Sinister Syndicate
8747.jpg

Masters of Evil/Minions of Doom
bba8.jpg

Dark Phoenix Con Exclusive