Brandon Peterson named Ultimate Extinction artist at SDCC Ultimate Marvel Panel

I really like Peterson's work on Tempest in UXM. Hopefully he gets the same colorist that worked on McNiven's pencils on Ultimate Secret, because the colors on Tempest were kind of bland. Kind of a drastic change from the brighter colors in the 1st 2 issues of Secret (I'm assuming the same colorist will continue on #3 & 4 of Secret).

DIrishB said:
Hmmmm, almost everybody? Well it isn't any big surprise if the Ultimates, X-Men, and FF show up, but you think this might mean even Spidey could make an appearance? Not sure how they'd go about bringing him into something with this big of a scope, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Spidey might make a cameo, but I doubt he'll be a major player. And if he is, then his position will have to be signicantly boosted.

Also, the news that Ellis/Peterson are avoiding having Galactus a big guy in a purple suit is interesting. Does this mean he won't be a giant alien with a crazy helmet? The cover of the first issue of Extinction sure looks a lot like 616 Galactus, but who knows. Can't wait to see him.

That could just be his ship......

ProjectX2 said:
I think the UFF may tie in to Ultimate Extinction, but we'll have to wait and see.

The Ultimates in their "2" costumes appeared in UFF. Does that still mean that the Galactus trilogy has happened already in UFF? DirishB? I need your timeline skills...

Yes, the Ultimates in their Ultimates 2 costumes appeared in UFF #21, so this means the Crossover arc most likely takes place a little while before The Ultimates 2 starts.

I have to disagree with Ice though. A while back Millar DID state that the various minis the Ultimates appeared in occurred in between Ultimates and Ultimates 2. But this statement was made well over a year ago, before Ultimates 2 even started to ship, and he was referring only to the older minis, like Ultimate War, Ultimate Six, Ultimate Adventures, etc. There's just no way for a being like Gah Lak Tus to show up and not have it be mentioned in Ultimates 2. Besides, Ultimates 2 will most likely be finished well before Ultimate Extinction (several months before anyway). Now it would appear Ultimate Nightmare and Ultimate Secret also occur before Ultimates 2 since in US Thor is still on the team, but I just don't see Extinction occurring after. I could be wrong, but we're gonna have to wait until December/January to know for sure.

icemastertron said:
I remember him saying it again not too long ago, sooooo...

You never know, I'm just looking at it from the story stand point. I mean, if Gah Lak Tus shows up at the end of Ultimate Secret #4, then Extinction would HAVE to take place before Ultimates 2 due to the whole Thor thing, but I just don't see how it could work. I mean, if thats the case it kind of ruins the whole ending of the Extinction mini, since we know everyone survived unscathed and it was apparently such a blase event that no one even mentions it? I don't know.

DIrishB said:
I don't think thats his ship though, I think thats actually Galactus. Looks like he may not be too different from his 616 version after all.

Notice that there appear to be at least 3 of those helmet spaceship things....interesting.

Throughout the panel Quesada hinted at big plans coming for the Ultimate Universe, including plans for "The Ultimates" when Mark Millar and Brian Hitch complete their run on the title. He said that Marvel would announce their plans in three weeks.

You know, I didn't even notice this until I read Ice's post. Man, the next few months are gonna be good for the Ultimate Universe, between all the news we're getting on upcoming projects, the release of current projects (the Ultimate annuals, the Crossover arc in UFF, the Magnetic North arc in UXM, and the Grand Theft America arc in Ultimates, and the Ultimate Spider-Man video game--since the title itself is kinda leaving a lot to be desired), etc.

icemastertron said:
Look to the left and right behind the one in the middle.

Yeah, now I'm looking forward to this title even more. So it would appear that there are multiple Galactus' (Galactii?), they're some type of ships, or something else.

So we can safely say that Gah Lak Tus doesnt have that crazy helmet (but still will have one), and instead the 616 helmet is the shape for the ships in the UU.

icemastertron said:
So we can safely say that Gah Lak Tus doesnt have that crazy helmet (but still will have one), and instead the 616 helmet is the shape for the ships in the UU.

It would appear so, but why does he need multiple ships? Unless Gah Lak Tus isn't some sole cosmic being, maybe instead its another race of aliens who invade other inhabitable planets and use up their natural resources (a slower and more realistic version of the Galactus world devastation from the 616 universe).

Though how that explains the glowing purple intestine floating in space around the planet that was destroyed in UN is beyond me.

icemastertron said:

I don't know that it's safe to say that, but it certainly looks that way.

thee great one said:
I tell you Extinction going to happen after Ultimates 2.

icemastertron said:
Nope, sorry. Millar already said that ALL minis that the Ultimates are in fall in between Ultimates Vol. 1 & 2.

Uh uh Ice, you might be wrong here! Look at Captain America's skeleton, he's wearing his "Ultimates 2" helmet so this must be happening after or during Ultimates 2.

Hmm. Mysterious.

The "ships" have legs... Maybe they're not Gah Lak Tus, but maybe the Kree, arriving too late?

HA!

I said Galactus was a race of aliens, and now I'm right!

HA!

The three main skeletons are Cyclops, Cap, and Reed

Most likely Spiderman will be in this, Nick probably makes him join SHIELD to do it.

I justiced noticed that in the cover Cap has his Ultimates 2 helment on. So I guess this is during Ultimates 2. Im just guessing.

Ultimate Houde said:
I said Galactus was a race of aliens, and now I'm right!

Not so fast....

Ultimate Houde said:
The three main skeletons are Cyclops, Cap, and Reed

Reed doesn't have any bones.

My first post about this...

MY Galactus/UFF theory. I know it hardly means anything but the shot of the purple lightning in the sky... cmon...

Anyway about the "multiple ships". Does it have to be ships? How do we know they're just not some giant device he uses to suck up whatever it is he sucks up to destroy a world? I'm banking Galactus is till a single being.

Latest posts

Back