Brightest Day discussion (Spoilers!)

2011-04-27.jpg

... :lol:

So yeah. Issue 23 pulled out about the only twist that could have made me give a crap about this series and issue 24 made it worthless. Swamp Thing is back to his original, 70s version. You know, the one that sucks so hard that it couldn't sustain an ongoing. Plant Man isn't very interesting, and having him now be the resurrected Alec Holland (Which pisses me off more than anything) doesn't add ANYTHING to the character or justify bringing him back. All it does is reset him to page one, undoing one of the best journeys in the modern god damned mother ****ing age of **** sucking comics.

****!

And they don't really have any plans for him. Not really. "We're talking to len Wein" Really? You're talking to him? Thats great. See how his weekend went! DON'T BRING BACK THE GOD DAMNED SWAMP THING UNLESS YOU'VE GOT THE MOST MIND BLOWING PITCH ON GODS GREEN EARTH TO USE HIM WITH! Chirst!

And the worst part? The part that gets under my skin more than anything? Its so easy to put the concept on the table without undoing everything that came before. Now I know you could say that this didn't undo anything other than Alec Holland being dead, but it does. We just saw a snuff film on an elemental. The essence that was Swamp Thing, the Avatar of the Earth, the Plant/Rock/Water/Fire/Air Elemental (Read Millars run, its sweet.) is dead. And in its place we get Alec Holland. Another middle aged white man that was never that interesting to begin with.

They killed one of the most well developed character in comics for whitebread.

I hope you enjoy him DC Universe. I don't think I will be for very much longer.

...Legion of Super-Heroes comics are not included in that.

Latest posts

Back