Bruce Timm Universe Adoration Thread

I'm not saying that the Spiderman and X-Men cartoons of the 90s were all crap...I'm just saying that there is no way that they can stand up to any of Timm's stuff.

When I think back to the X-Men cartoons and all those times of Wolverine crying over Morph or Spiderman and that ****ing Man-Spider saga---I want to slit my wrist and bleed all over everything just so it will give me something to do other than watch that crap.

But then I watch Batman take down a giant man-tiger or fowl Penguin's lame bird heist and all I can do is clamor for more.

But for the record---everyone's entitled to their opinions.

i loved the old Batman cartoon and justice league , I'll agree they were done fantastic. They are not quiet as good as 90's spider-man or 90s x-men but still fun to watch.

No, no.

Spidey and X-Men don't have anything on the Timmverse. Right now, I could sing all of the music they used in the Spider-Man cartoon. That's how re-used it all is. In BTAS, there was consistently new music and new animation. Nothing was recycled. Nothing.

The voice acting, the animation, the scripts, everything is superior in the Timmverse. The only thing that Spidey and X-Men were superior at was the arcing storylines, but even Timm brought that in for JLU, so really DCAU is consistently superior.

I watched a bunch of Spidey episodes last month and really liked all of them.

Your move.:D

Were they ones that you hadn't seen in years or were they the same batch of episodes your mom taped for you that you've been watching for years?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Spidey cartoon, but the Timmverse pretty much shaped my interest in comic book characters. If it wasn't for the constant repeats of the Adam West show in the early 90s, I have no doubt that the Timmverse would be universally praised by my peers, as much as the Spidey cartoon is.

Last edited:
The World's Finest episode made my childhood.

I remember thinking that 'The Batman/Superman Movie' was the coolest, best idea ever. It wasn't released here for a while, and when it was, I bought it as fast as I possibly could and watched it to death. I remember being actually a bit disappointed when I found out that it was actually just three episodes of STAS later on.

Today...meh. It's not that great. The Justice League pilot is a lot better.

I remember thinking that 'The Batman/Superman Movie' was the coolest, best idea ever. It wasn't released here for a while, and when it was, I bought it as fast as I possibly could and watched it to death. I remember being actually a bit disappointed when I found out that it was actually just three episodes of STAS later on.

Today...meh. It's not that great. The Justice League pilot is a lot better.

I know JL blows it out of the water but back then it was incredible. I think I liked Superman better because they had Green Lantern, Flash and Aquaman on the show.

I know JL blows it out of the water but back then it was incredible. I think I liked Superman better because they had Green Lantern, Flash and Aquaman on the show.

At the time, I loved STAS, but now, I think it's probably the worst of the Timm cartoons. It's probably because with Batman and Justice League, there was NEVER a really great media adaptation. With Superman, there was plenty. The cartoon didn't really show me anything really fantastic that I hadn't seen before and I found Superman's character in it to be really bland and boring. Not to mention, he only seemed to be a little bit stronger than Spider-Man. He was always getting knocked around the place and didn't seem to be invulnerable at all. That's. Just. Wrong.

At the time, I loved STAS, but now, I think it's probably the worst of the Timm cartoons. It's probably because with Batman and Justice League, there was NEVER a really great media adaptation. With Superman, there was plenty. The cartoon didn't really show me anything really fantastic that I hadn't seen before and I found Superman's character in it to be really bland and boring. Not to mention, he only seemed to be a little bit stronger than Spider-Man. He was always getting knocked around the place and didn't seem to be invulnerable at all. That's. Just. Wrong.

You think he got beat up in STAS watch the first season of Justice League.

You think he got beat up in STAS watch the first season of Justice League.

It's been a while since I've watched some episodes from the first season, but I remember being distinctly satisfied that Supes was somewhat powered up. I remember one episode where a rocket explodes in his face and he flies right through it. STAS Superman would be writhing in agony on the floor in a pool of his own blood (except it's a family show, so there'd be no blood) if that happened.

One of my favorite JLU episodes was the Ultimen. I loved the Superfriends references throughout the whole episode.

Question I was just thinking off. Does it only count as Timmverse if it is done Bruce Timm?

The reason I as is because of 2 shows. First been "Gotham Girls" which I love. It is spun-off from "Batman: The Animated Series" made by different people. The second been "Static Shock" Which was dc run cartoon and had cross over episodes with batman from Batman: The Animated Series and Justice league unlimited another time. Thus same universe.

Question I was just thinking off. Does it only count as Timmverse if it is done Bruce Timm?

The reason I as is because of 2 shows. First been "Gotham Girls" which I love. It is spun-off from "Batman: The Animated Series" made by different people. The second been "Static Shock" Which was dc run cartoon and had cross over episodes with batman from Batman: The Animated Series and Justice league unlimited another time. Thus same universe.

They're in continuity so technically yes. Plus Static appeared in Justice League Unlimited so it's definetly Timmverse.

Yep. Great seeing Apache Chief and all of those other shabby, last-minute, thrown-together heroes get their asses kicked by the REAL JLU.

I loved Aquaman beating the **** out of the Wonder Twins in that episode.

I don't think Gotham Girls is. Static, though, is definitely in continuity. Also, Teen Titans, which was by Timm, isn't technically apart of the Timmverse continuity either.

EDIT: I lied. Apparently, Gotham Girls is considered in-continuity.

Last edited:
I don't think Gotham Girls is. Static, though, is definitely in continuity. Also, Teen Titans, which was by Timm, isn't technically apart of the Timmverse continuity either.

EDIT: I lied. Apparently, Gotham Girls is considered in-continuity.

I think Teen Titans is hinted at being in continuity. I see Titans being set in the past of JLU. This is mostly confirmed by the Dick Grayson Robin (it's obviously him), Michael Rosenbaum appearing as Kid Flash in TT, and the same voice actor showing up in JLU as Speedy but older.

Latest posts

Back