Bruce Timm Universe Adoration Thread

I've been on a Batman kick lately since HBO has seen fit to air Batman Begins all the time (...but is that really a bad thing? :wink: ).

So I've been watching random episodes of Batman Season4. I am in love with Roxy Rocket. Which makes my love for Plain Jane even more mysterious.

Also---I cannot get enough of the theme song to The New Adventures of Batman/Superman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSvs1DJftzM

I'm dead serious.

I picked up the JLU DVDs the other day.

Personnaly, I think that while the second season is the end of JLU, the first season is the end for the DCAU in general.

Does that make sense?

I'd get it if you said the first season of Justice League was the start of the DCAU's golden age. Then I'd agree.

I'd get it if you said the first season of Justice League was the start of the DCAU's golden age. Then I'd agree.

Maybe he ment beacouse the season finaly of the first season was epiloge wich takes place in the future with a grown up terry.

I've been on a Batman kick lately since HBO has seen fit to air Batman Begins all the time (...but is that really a bad thing? :wink: ).

So I've been watching random episodes of Batman Season4. I am in love with Roxy Rocket. Which makes my love for Plain Jane even more mysterious.

Also---I cannot get enough of the theme song to The New Adventures of Batman/Superman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSvs1DJftzM

I'm dead serious.

That one was always my favorite beginning theme of the DCAU shows, so awesome.

Before anyone kills me, I know this is an "adoration" thread, but am I the only person on this godforsaken earth who doesn't like Bruce Timm's animated DC serieses (what's the plural for series? "sereii"? "seriei"? "suri"? "series' with an apostrophe"?)

The season finale of the second season is "Epilouge".

Errr i know that

I meant in DVD collection. wich is what i think he meant(since seasons 1 & 2 are collected as season 1)

i know seasons oneending was ''The once and future thing'' good two parter.

Before anyone kills me, I know this is an "adoration" thread, but am I the only person on this godforsaken earth who doesn't like Bruce Timm's animated DC serieses (what's the plural for series? "sereii"? "seriei"? "suri"? "series' with an apostrophe"?)

Get off my internet. :neutral:

Sorry. It's just....seriously, with Timm's animation, if Batman took off his costume he would look almost exactly like Superman, save for butt-chin and spitcurl. Furthermore, the characters are too blocky-looking, and it's downright unattractive.

Last edited:
Sorry. It's just....seriously, with Timm's animation, if Batman took off his costume he would look almost exactly like Superman, save for butt-chin and spitcurl. Furthermore, the characters are too blocky-looking, and it's downright unattractive.

Go read early years of Batman and Superman. They looked very similar. Timmverse did a great job showing that at times.

Also There was a time when the heroes were square jawed type (The movie Unbreakable even mentions that)

But the art didn't even have to be attractive on Timmverse (I think it was though.) As the stories at least in the ones I watched were great. They were similar to the comics but yet they added things that made a lot of villains cool.

That just my opinion though.

It's not the animation (which is very good) that draws people it's the fact that Bruce Timm can make a kids cartoon that is very serious and mature. JLU is one of the top ten shows ever in my opinion.

It's not the animation (which is very good) that draws people it's the fact that Bruce Timm can make a kids cartoon that is very serious and mature. JLU is one of the top ten shows ever in my opinion.

I agree with this. Like i mentioned the stories made it great. Now I may prefer the 90's Spider-man and X-men cartoons but I still think the Timmverse is cool for so many reasons.

At all.

'Splain yourself Loocy.

OK, I'm not very good at this sort of thing, but I'll try...

S1 of JLU brought virtually every aspect of the DCAU together to wrap up the loose ends...all culminating in the Cadmus arc. Even if Cadmus had been the end of the series, it would have been a fantastic ending, with the revalation of Terry's legacy and the League finding new purpose.

S2, while just as good as the previous season, simply had a straight-out Superfriends tribute, which, in my mind, is the perfect ending to JLU.

does THAT make any sense?

Latest posts

Back