Bruce Timm Universe Adoration Thread

I think Teen Titans is hinted at being in continuity. I see Titans being set in the past of JLU. This is mostly confirmed by the Dick Grayson Robin (it's obviously him), Michael Rosenbaum appearing as Kid Flash in TT, and the same voice actor showing up in JLU as Speedy but older.

True, but there was never anything indicating them being connected. Actually, if I remember correctly, there was some problem with the Titan's Robin likely being Dick Grayson, which would create continuity errors with Batman. TT would have taken place around the time of JL. . .which means Robin should have been Tim Drake, not Dick Grayson.

True, but there was never anything indicating them being connected. Actually, if I remember correctly, there was some problem with the Titan's Robin likely being Dick Grayson, which would create continuity errors with Batman. TT would have taken place around the time of JL. . .which means Robin should have been Tim Drake, not Dick Grayson.

I think that's why they just hinted at it.

Well, for an adult Flash and Speedy Teen Titans would have to take place well before Justice League, so I think the timing's actually okay.

I think the important thing is that if nothing openly contradicts the Timmverse, it might as well be considered canon. It doesn't hurt anything, and I'd just as soon believe it is.

Now if only they didn't mess up the Legion.

But it isn't a continuity mistake, if it takes place around the original animated series. Robin went on after that to becoem Nightwing, Kid Flash became Flash, Speedy grew up. . . it fits fine, you just have to push it back far enough.

But it isn't a continuity mistake, if it takes place around the original animated series. Robin went on after that to becoem Nightwing, Kid Flash became Flash, Speedy grew up. . . it fits fine, you just have to push it back far enough.

I was saying "if there were any" meaning if someone came along and showed that there were, not that there are.

I was saying "if there were any" meaning if someone came along and showed that there were, not that there are.

I don't know enough to say whether there are or not, myself, but it seems clean to me and my casual viewing.

Now, Robin not mentioning hanging out with aliens and cyborgs on the Batman animated series might be weird, but it doesn't contradict anything.

Last edited:
I think Teen Titans is hinted at being in continuity. I see Titans being set in the past of JLU. This is mostly confirmed by the Dick Grayson Robin (it's obviously him), Michael Rosenbaum appearing as Kid Flash in TT, and the same voice actor showing up in JLU as Speedy but older.

I believe Timm said its not officially in or out. Fans can include it if they want. Personally, I wouldn't because the world, plots, and villains do not fit in with the tone and style of the Timmsverse. I would accept a loose connection at best.

I believe Timm said its not officially in or out. Fans can include it if they want. Personally, I wouldn't because the world, plots, and villains do not fit in with the tone and style of the Timmsverse. I would accept a loose connection at best.
I believe that they are two different universes that intersect or overlap.

Which is NOT to say they are 'crossovers'.

Think of it as two sets.

DCAU is set A. Teen Titans is set B.

Therefore certain elements between the two can be designated in the following mathematical notation:

A B.

Yes it ****ing is.:noway:
Don't be making no hating!

Hater hate to say it, I got news for you.

You don't know my street, you can't take my blows.

See you cryin, tryin to find some heroes.

Don't you mess with mine, step off hater cause it's clobbering time.

Don't be making no hating!

Hater hate to say it, I got news for you.

You don't know my street, you can't take my blows.

See you cryin, tryin to find some heroes.

Don't you mess with mine, step off hater cause it's clobbering time.

That was beautiful

Once again...it's Ourchair FTW!

Am I the only one that wants to meet Ourchair and Compound in person and listen to them ramble on using big words?

Latest posts

Back