Bruce Timm Universe Adoration Thread

VVD's right. A Checkmate animated series would be wicked, especially with how cool of a character the DCAU Amanda Waller is.

A GL series could work well. If it was cosmic-based, it could be detached enough from the earlier Timm series' to still seem fresh, but also draw in the old characters.

A Challengers of the Unknown series could be cool, with smaller name characters investigating more paranormal threats in the universe. Hawkman and Hawkgirl, Dr. Fate, Vixen, the Question maybe...

I think they should a Supergirl : TAS. She wasn't that important in JLU , the new non Timmverse Legion of Super-Heroes should of had her instead of superman IMO but with Superman returns coming out ....

I think it's about time Supergirl got either a)A direct to dvd animated movie that fits timmverse like Superman doomsday looks like it will , B) new cartoon series or C) Live action film. all three = NO Superman hogging her spotlight.

VVD's right.

Like 97% of the time.

Another project I've been thinking about recently is the newly announced Batman and The Outsiders. While the comic series itself isn't out yet, the idea is pure gold for a cartoon. Plus fans get more Bruce and Dick in action.

The show could focus mostly on The Outsiders....but the mere fact of having Batman cameos and his name in the title adds so much marketing ability.

Like 97% of the time.

Another project I've been thinking about recently is the newly announced Batman and The Outsiders. While the comic series itself isn't out yet, the idea is pure gold for a cartoon. Plus fans get more Bruce and Dick in action.

The show could focus mostly on The Outsiders....but the mere fact of having Batman cameos and his name in the title adds so much marketing ability.

By recently announced you mean they're officially making it?

I can't get over how good It's Never Too Late, from Season 2 of BTAS is. If ever someone told me that BTAS was a kid's show, I'd show them that episode and watch as they eat their words.

I recently bought Season Two as well as an assortment of Season 1 standalone DVDs (that's all that's available here, in stupid Europe :(). I'm enjoying them a lot more than I thought I would. A little solo Batman action goes a long way when I'm used to watching him stand in the background on JLU with animation that isn't nearly as stylish and smooth.

Last edited:
I started buying the JLU action figures because they're cheap and incorporate the whole DCU now. It's merging with the Teen Titans and Legion lines, and hoefully we'll get some Zeta Project and Static (and Krypto) in there too eventually.

I started buying the JLU action figures because they're cheap and incorporate the whole DCU now. It's merging with the Teen Titans and Legion lines, and hoefully we'll get some Zeta Project and Static (and Krypto) in there too eventually.

I have a superman that attaches to the celling. You turn him on and throw him and he flys around this room , it's pretty cool

You are 7.

:lol: , I am not , In this room filled filled with collectibles and action figures he looks cool (though I keep him on his stand until I have someone like my little niece around then I let him fly)

I am watching Timm's "Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman" right now.

I forgot how good this was. It's not "Mask of the Phantasm" good.....but it's still damn good.

VVD's right. A Checkmate animated series would be wicked, especially with how cool of a character the DCAU Amanda Waller is.
Only if CCH Pounder continues to voice the character, because she is the sexiest middle-aged black woman on the planet.

I am watching Timm's "Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman" right now.

I forgot how good this was. It's not "Mask of the Phantasm" good.....but it's still damn good.

I must have been about 15 when that one came out. It's pretty good, but it's more of a Summer Blockbuster than anything else. There's no real point to its existence other than to make a few fast bucks. Basically just fun Batman action. It's better than SubZero, anyway. All SubZero had going for it was the plot and some of the new character designs (Bruce and Dick both look a little bit different in it). The 1950s atmosphere and the awful score (absolutely nothing to do with Shirley Walker's masterful Phantasm score) marred it a lot. Also, does anyone find it a bit weird that around the time Jon Peters wanted Polar Bears guarding the Fortress for Superman, that Batman and Robin were battling Polar Bears?

Finally, a quick re-iteration that Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is one of the best things ever.

Batmanshower.gif

Latest posts

Back