Captain America Returns with Alex Ross.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
The big secret from Marvel is that Captain America is coming back. But no, not Steve Rogers. Captain America.

1582new_storyimage2051086_full.jpg

Steve Rogers, the Sentinel of Liberty, was cut down in a hail of gunfire in March's CAPTAIN AMERICA #25. And whether or not you agree with the decision, he's still dead. But a character as iconic and important as Cap can never truly die. Who better to reimagine Cap for a new age, a new character, a new costume, than Alex Ross? Working closely with Ed Brubaker, Steve Epting and Tom Brevoort, Captain America makes his return—or debut, if you prefer—in January's CAPTAIN AMERICA #34.

So why did it take nine months to reinstate Captain America? Rest assured, it was all in the cards. "This was always the plan, to have—with issue #34, halfway through the whole big, 'Death of Captain America' epic story—[a new Cap]," explains Brubaker. "So, you know, it's all very, very planned out, believe it or not. [Laughs] I have an extensive notebook that I sometimes lose. [Laughs] Which is kind of traumatic."

Luckily, Brubaker never lost sight of working with Ross, an idea that'd been percolating for a while. "Well it was my suggestion to Tom [Brevoort], like months and months ago, knowing that we were going to have a new Cap starting in January," admits Brubaker. "You know, just an off-handed suggestion, let's see if we can get Alex Ross to help design the costume, thinking there was no possible way. I think this is when I found out that they were doing [AVENGERS/INVADERS]. Tom was like, 'You know that's not exactly outside the realm of possibility,' and I was like, 'What?!' [Laughs] So as it got closer to needing something, Tom actually broached the subject and asked Alex about it. I didn't know him at all, but yeah, it was great."

Read more to find out at the link above.

Last edited:
The big secret from Marvel is that Captain America is coming back. But no, not Steve Rogers. Captain America.

1582new_storyimage2051086_full.jpg

Steve Rogers, the Sentinel of Liberty, was cut down in a hail of gunfire in March's CAPTAIN AMERICA #25. And whether or not you agree with the decision, he's still dead. But a character as iconic and important as Cap can never truly die. Who better to reimagine Cap for a new age, a new character, a new costume, than Alex Ross? Working closely with Ed Brubaker, Steve Epting and Tom Brevoort, Captain America makes his return—or debut, if you prefer—in January's CAPTAIN AMERICA #34.

So why did it take nine months to reinstate Captain America? Rest assured, it was all in the cards. "This was always the plan, to have—with issue #34, halfway through the whole big, 'Death of Captain America' epic story—[a new Cap]," explains Brubaker. "So, you know, it's all very, very planned out, believe it or not. [Laughs] I have an extensive notebook that I sometimes lose. [Laughs] Which is kind of traumatic."

Luckily, Brubaker never lost sight of working with Ross, an idea that'd been percolating for a while. "Well it was my suggestion to Tom [Brevoort], like months and months ago, knowing that we were going to have a new Cap starting in January," admits Brubaker. "You know, just an off-handed suggestion, let's see if we can get Alex Ross to help design the costume, thinking there was no possible way. I think this is when I found out that they were doing [AVENGERS/INVADERS]. Tom was like, 'You know that's not exactly outside the realm of possibility,' and I was like, 'What?!' [Laughs] So as it got closer to needing something, Tom actually broached the subject and asked Alex about it. I didn't know him at all, but yeah, it was great."

Read more to find out at the link above.

Cap with a gun? And asp?

And that is one shiny *** suit.

Last edited:
Is that the punisher as Captain America?

No.

That'll never happen.

Anyone reading the current series can tell you that
Cap left Tony a letter saying that the world needed Captain America. Steve Rogers was a just a man....but Captain America is a symbol.

And that was the last we ever saw of mole...

Well he has a gun , plus didn't punisher pick up the mask? in Civil war ect...?

but I'm probably wrong

No.

That'll never happen.

Anyone reading the current series can tell you that
Cap left Tony a letter saying that the world needed Captain America. Steve Rogers was a just a man....but Captain America is a symbol.

Ah , Sorry not read much of the new stuff.

Last edited:
Very interested in who the new Cap will be, I'm betting it's someone new or very unknown. Costume looks interesting. Not too sure about the shiny stuff, but the black works and I like the new offensiveness of it all, gives him more of a soldier vibe, which is essentially what Cap is.

And after all, if the guy is called Captain America, he should echo his country in some way, and what better way than to be covered in bling and waving a gun around?

Indeed!

Is it me, or does anyone else feel like Steve Rogers is to Marvel what Hal Jordan or Barry Allen are to DC?

This piece of art looks like a condom ad.

your turned on by it aren't you.

It's ok we all are. I'm having dream sex with the shiny captain america as we speak , It feels so good. Even better than my dream sex with you.

This looks stupid. Why would cap need a gun when he can kick ur ***?

Well this is stupid. I hate the design it looks nothing like Cap should, it seems like Alex Ross just combined Cap's costume with his concept of Spider-man's movie costume, than oiled it up. I hope they come up with an interesting origin that has nothing to do with Tony Stark, rather take the soldier from The Chosen and through twists of fate become Captain America.

But I'm pretty against a new Cap altogether, though I like the character in The Chosen and would not be that pissed if it was him. But yeah, I hate the costume

This looks stupid. Why would cap need a gun when he can kick ur ***?

Actually originally he did have a gun, but when he got the round shield he found it so effective he didn't need a side arm, but I agree a hand gun just looks silly with him

Latest posts

Back