Captain America Vol. 5 by Ed Brubaker discussion (SPOILERS!)

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
I downloaded the first 10 issues to see what it was like... WOW! This is the best I've ever seen Captain America at. The story is exciting, the art is excellent and Captain America is actually interesting.

How many issues is Brubaker writing?

Re: Captain America series discussion (SPOILERS!)

With luck, he'll be on it for the forseeable future. And with Epting on art.

He has a few years planned out.

Keep d/ling,the series actually gets better!

I've always said that the day Bucky, Jason Todd, or Uncle Ben comes back, the apocalypse is nigh. Within one year, we got not just one, but TWO of these back. Bucky and Jason Todd, the two people that have been said will never ever ever EVER return despite the revolving door of comics, have returned. Please, Marvel, don't bring Uncle Ben back as some crazy cyborg commie, too.

Doc Comic said:
I've always said that the day Bucky, Jason Todd, or Uncle Ben comes back, the apocalypse is nigh. Within one year, we got not just one, but TWO of these back. Bucky and Jason Todd, the two people that have been said will never ever ever EVER return despite the revolving door of comics, have returned. Please, Marvel, don't bring Uncle Ben back as some crazy cyborg commie, too.
DON'T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS!!! ...damn it now we're all doomed.

Doc Comic said:

Remember, Ben Parker is the new Green Goblin. :wink:

Doc Comic said:

true...but brubaker has done a great job with bucky

I doubt the Winter Soldier is Bucky

It has yet to be proven

I'm thining the Cosmic cube f-ed up reality some, and it's a psuedo Bucky

Captain America Series Discussion (Spoilers)

Along with X-Factor and Astonishing, I'm adding it to my pull-list. But I'm not going back and buying the previous trades. Does anyone know where I can catch up on some Captain America history? Up to about Brubaker's run?

Brubaker's run is all you need.

#13/14: Awesome. I've never been interesting in Captain America before, but now he's one of my favourite characters.

One trade, the seconds due soon. And a whole new arc starts in the next issue, or it could be a one-shot. Not too sure. It rivals DD in quality.

Captain America #15

Definitely into this. When we were little and Sega Genesis was the gameing system of choice my older cousin got Avengers and we used to play all the time. My favorite villain was easily Crossbones. You fought him towards the end possibly before Ultron.

Anyway I finally get to read him.

We start off with some old WWII footage of Captain America hauling *** through germany. Then at the end we see a little of the Red Skull.

Crossbones is showing a lucious redhead the footage. She's scared and he's telling her she's got to see this. He's beating her and torturing her.

Flashback: We're then given a little bit of "Sin's" backstory. She was a infant and Red Skull deemed her inferior because he wanted a son. He was going to throw her over the side of a cliff. A woman named the Night Mother persuaded Red Skull to let the child live in her care and she would raise her worthy enough.

The woman doesn't believe Crossbones and he continues to abuse her. Crossbones explains some more history and tells her how she's supposed to be 12 years old.

Flashback: The woman is supposed to be a little girl but through some technology advancements her ageing process is sped up. Before this happens though she's a little monster. After it happens she's one of the deadliest people in the world (and most attractive).

Flashback: We see SHIELD agents from a first person (Sin's) perspective with needles. One of them is grabed and his throat is chewed out.

The woman begs Crossbones to be let go. He brings her to a room with a tied up security guard. Crossbones tells her that if she kills him, he'll let her go. She refuses and he kills him instead. He then throws her into a lightless room and seals the door. She begins to remember Red Skull's disapprovement of her...

Crossbone's is laying in bed maskless. Sin sneaks up on him with a knife. The two embrace.

5/5
And no Captain America

Looks good. So does the DD.

Easily one of my favorite comics I look forward too.

I just finished "Winter Soldier" arc and read #15----so good I wanna cut my wrist for not getting into this series when it first started.

Victor Von Doom said:
Easily one of my favorite comics I look forward too.

I just finished "Winter Soldier" arc and read #15----so good I wanna cut my wrist for not getting into this series when it first started.

Told you.

*nods head*

Yes, 15 was cool. Crossbones is an awesome villain.

I got my trade of the first 7 issues. I was impressed. It's not as great as the Red Hood but it's better great anyway.

B+

Latest posts

Back