Captain America Vol. 5 by Ed Brubaker discussion (SPOILERS!)

Re: Captain America series discussion (SPOILERS!)

I'll tell you how.....you do it BRU-STYLE!!!!!

This is why Brubaker is the man.

This issue features one single shot of Capt....and it ain't the kind of shot you'd ever wanna see. It's sort of depressing. Read it....you'll know what I mean.

This issue focuses solely on the closest people in Caps life and how they are dealing with the loss. It's not the Mighty Avengers picking a fight with a c-level villian. It's not the New Avengers playing poker. There's no secret Wolverine mission to discover a conspiracy. It's all just real.

Focusing on 4 people---Sharon Carter, Falcon, Bucky and the Red Skull.

It's very similar to those episodes of The Sopranos when Tony was in the coma. Very powerful stuff.

The best part of the issue was seeing beat the piss outta some guys in the bar talking **** about Cap. Then we learn that Bucky is gonna kill Tony.

To be continued and all that jazz....

4.5/5

I want his head. No forgiving bull****. I want Tony's head in a plate! I'll be really disapointed if Bucky just give up.

Seriously, I can't stand Tony Stark's face in every comic.

Awesome. Amazing how Brubaker can write a book about Captain America without Captain America in it and still really have it be about him.

Cool idea having Cap revert back to his scrawny self after he died...and very creepy. He looked like one of those pics of an alien on an operating table.

I liked the ending too...Bucky going after Tony Stark...does this pave the way for him to take up the Captain America mantle? Seems like it. I can't believe people think the Punisher is going to do it; I just can't see it.

I liked the scene with the Avengers mourning...nice touch.

4.5/5

This issue features one single shot of Capt....and it ain't the kind of shot you'd ever wanna see. It's sort of depressing. Read it....you'll know what I mean.

This issue focuses solely on the closest people in Caps life and how they are dealing with the loss. It's not the Mighty Avengers picking a fight with a c-level villian. It's not the New Avengers playing poker. There's no secret Wolverine mission to discover a conspiracy. It's all just real.

It's very similar to those episodes of The Sopranos when Tony was in the coma. Very powerful stuff.

The best part of the issue was seeing beat the piss outta some guys in the bar talking **** about Cap. Then we learn that Bucky is gonna kill Tony.

4.5/5

I showed the Cap on the table to a friend of mine who promptly bought the issue. The man refuses to buy anything thats not in a trade until now. Then he and I doubled up on forcing another guy to buy Watchmen.

4.5/5

Awesome. Amazing how Brubaker can write a book about Captain America without Captain America in it and still really have it be about him.

Cool idea having Cap revert back to his scrawny self after he died...and very creepy. He looked like one of those pics of an alien on an operating table.

I liked the ending too...Bucky going after Tony Stark...does this pave the way for him to take up the Captain America mantle? Seems like it. I can't believe people think the Punisher is going to do it; I just can't see it.

I liked the scene with the Avengers mourning...nice touch.

4.5/5

I'm up there with both of you. This is an awesome book. I do love the villains.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070701/ap_en_ot/captain_america

Interesting news piece , While not "news" still a nice read. It does raise an interesting question though "Will he stay dead?"

There is more media attention than Thor and a lot of recent "deaths" , I felt he would stay dead at first then I figured he would return now I'm back to I personally don't think he'll return.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070701/ap_en_ot/captain_america

Interesting news piece , While not "news" still a nice read. It does raise an interesting question though "Will he stay dead?"

There is more media attention than Thor and a lot of recent "deaths" , I felt he would stay dead at first then I figured he would return now I'm back to I personally don't think he'll return.

Don't be daft. Of course he'll return.

But don't expect Marvel to suddenly reverse this decision just yet. More than likely we'll have another 2-3 months of fallout. Then Marvel will create a story that require America to need a Captain America. And while Tony said that no one will wear the costume and take up the shield....something will happen that necessitate a Cap. At which point Tony will go back on his word and try to have a new Cap. This will all happen around Oct or November.

Around New Years, there'll be an announcement that a new Cap will be taking over. Expect this arc to last 4-5 months. Then around 4th of July in 2008...the real Cap will make his return. Not sure how....but that's how I see it playing out.

At which point Marvel will have had him dead for over a year. Long enough to keep their promise to the public about him staying dead and still short enough to keep the storyline fresh.

You may be right. Here is how I saw it. I was expecting a new cap just not the old one coming back. I figured someone like the punisher (Not saying him exactly) by that I mean an Anti-hero type to wear it.

i saw the person doing that as a big "**** you" to the heroes registration thing that is kind of the reason captain america died. The new one would reflect today's readers.

The original stays dead except the following : Ultimate books , Zombies , Non-616 , 616 if the story is a) a dream b) a flash back or c) Magic has been used to change things like that house of m type story.

On another note a friend of mine said to me what a clever death. We got on the subject as the news paper had Princess Diana , I said "That's been talked about too much , Lets talk about an important and emotional death like captain america's" He said "Captain America is dead?" I explained it all.

But yes he said what a clever death , a) It shows that heroes can be killed in a non-super way like us , b) (sorry for this one but I liked his point) Captain America embodies America and is considered one of it's icons. What a better way for him to go than assassinated like a few of their presidents.

But back on what we were talking about , I think he'll stay dead. I think Marvel will be doing it as "Look we have the guts to permanently kill off one of our biggest heroes" then Maybe DC will follow suit and one of their big ones will die .

You may be right. Here is how I saw it. I was expecting a new cap just not the old one coming back. I figured someone like the punisher (Not saying him exactly) by that I mean an Anti-hero type to wear it.

i saw the person doing that as a big "**** you" to the heroes registration thing that is kind of the reason captain america died. The new one would reflect today's readers.

The original stays dead except the following : Ultimate books , Zombies , Non-616 , 616 if the story is a) a dream b) a flash back or c) Magic has been used to change things like that house of m type story.

On another note a friend of mine said to me what a clever death. We got on the subject as the news paper had Princess Diana , I said "That's been talked about too much , Lets talk about an important and emotional death like captain america's" He said "Captain America is dead?" I explained it all.

But yes he said what a clever death , a) It shows that heroes can be killed in a non-super way like us , b) (sorry for this one but I liked his point) Captain America embodies America and is considered one of it's icons. What a better way for him to go than assassinated like a few of their presidents.

But back on what we were talking about , I think he'll stay dead. I think Marvel will be doing it as "Look we have the guts to permanently kill off one of our biggest heroes" then Maybe DC will follow suit and one of their big ones will die .

Yeah,but they said the same Captain Marvel yet he's back

Yeah,but they said the same Captain Marvel yet he's back

And Captain Marvel "wasn't brought back from the dead" since he was pulled out of the time stream before he got cancer.

I wonder if they'll pull Cap out of the time stream from before Civil War...

From the latest issue:

Caption2.jpg

:lol: "What's my space" :lol: :lol: That's great

Latest posts

Back