Civil War: Fallen Son (Discussion/SPOILERS!!)

Re: Civil War: Fallen Son (SPOILERS!!)

It's true, that was in that book, however she could have been lying. She was trying to get Spider-Woman on the registration side again.

I think Cap shot himself.

I also think that Leinil Yu is doing this issue of Wolverine- what happened to Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk? I can only assume it has been... lost.

DID YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!?!?!?

I also think that Leinil Yu is doing this issue of Wolverine- what happened to Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk? I can only assume it has been... lost.

i did :D

OMG I DID!!!

i wonder what Tony's going to do with Steve's sheild? give it to Claptain Clamerica maybe?

Over at aintitcool.com the discussion of Cap's demise broke out in a talkback about Spidey 3 images (now removed per Sony), and one poster claims
"Ms. Marvel informs us that Cap is not dead "he's tucked away safe on the raft. no one knows. they're trying to save his life even as we speak." so there. go read it yourselves to confirm." This apparently comes from The Initiative #1

Derp.
Have we met? Welcome!

Also: Jeph Loeb talks Fallen Son

I hope you guys don't talk about Kristen Kreuk a lot on this site.

Only when Watcher saves her from being hit by an imaginary bus.

No...what?

As for my theory on who shot Cap?

...Lee Harvey Oswald.

I like this theory, except...I heard a shot come from the grassy knoll.

I never said it wasn't a conspiracy involving the CIA and the Cubans. Hell, its the fantastic world of comic books, maybe there was a second Oswald, a clone if you will, on the grassy knoll.

;)

Welcome, Derp!

Last edited:

I never said it wasn't a conspiracy involving the CIA and the Cubans. Hell, its the fantastic world of comic books, maybe there was a second Oswald, a clone if you will, on the grassy knoll.

;)

Welcome, Derp!

You're saying Closwald killed Captain America, then had his head smashed by Jack Ruby?

You're saying Closwald killed Captain America, then had his head smashed by Jack Ruby?

Well, clearly Captain America was the one who got Rubied, which should lead us to ask, Who Did Captain America Kill? or perhaps more justly, Who Is Captain America Taking the Fall For?

Last edited:

Well, slearly Captain America was the one who got Rubied, which should lead us to ask, Who Did Captain America Kill? or perhaps more justly, Who Is Captain America Taking the Fall For?

why did he get shot by sharon?

Sharon has been under the mindcontrol of one of Captain America's long time enemies

yeah, i read that one issue with the therapist. i really don't know what to feel about the issue. If he is dead and not 'dormant' like someones
sig suggested a while back. I think it was max's. if he really is dead, he should have went out like a hero, like blue beetle style.

Today, at school, we kept on breaking into random discussions about the death of Captain America (Since they've been covering it on the news). I had to continuously inform people that superheroes never actually die, especially someone like Captain America, so they shouldn't get their panties in a bunch.

I say we start betting on exactly when he comes back. I say...1 month.

No wait, 3 weeks.

Oh and this whole thing is TEH SUXXXORZZZ.

Yes, you formed a series of symbols into groupings that my mind could easily process as interpersonal human communication, clearly portraying your emotions and opinions.
No, not Jack Ruby, Clack Cluby.

We haven't....thanks for the welcome. Longtime lurker, first time poster. Great site you guys have here.

Derp.

It's Mr Derp! What's for lunch today? :D

Yes, you formed a series of symbols into groupings that my mind could easily process as interpersonal human communication, clearly portraying your emotions and opinions.

I guess that post means you've run out of 'word of the day' toilet paper.

Last edited:

i was thinking he might be Ronin. but the YO! just throws me off.

Fallen Son

This first issue was bad. Very, very bad. I give it **/*****.

It starts with Wolverine and Bucky talking in an old barbershop about Cap's death. They chat for a bit about how it was a secret SHIELD base and the chairs sent you down below to the base. Bucky accidentally sends himself down and Wolverine pulls him up. The discussion turns to Bucky's "death". The single flashback panel is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. I didn't mind Yu's art as much as I do in New Avengers, but it looks like Bucky is draped over a plane that's four feet long.

Wolverine points out that Cap and Bucky both survived. He explains that he's going to look at Steve's corpse and confirm his death. Bucky has his own agenda and thinks Wolverine's insane. Cut to Daredevil. Cut to a gorgeous two-page spread of Wolverine lunging at Daredevil with claws out and Daredevil jumping to avoid it. It's beautiful. I forgive you for the flashback panel, Yu.

Wolverine lunged at Daredevil to make sure it was the one with heightened senses. He talks him into going to check out Cap's body with him. Strange cloaks them (it'll only work for ten minutes) and they sneak onto the helicarrier. There's a shot of Strange's face as he's talking to them magically and it's very, very ugly. Wolverine tells Daredevil that he's using him as a lie detector. They go talk to Crossbones, who can see them (but no one else can). Wolverine puts a gun on a table. They talk to Crossbones and Crossbones explains that he didn't get the kill shot but he thinks Cap is dead. He doesn't remember who hired him. It's been blocked. Wolverine thinks it's the Red Skull. Wolverine provokes Crossbones into shooting him and does his hand under the chin, two claws on the side one headed for the middle thing. Daredevil thinks Logan just wanted an excuse to kill Crossbones in "self-defense" and yells that Crossbones knows nothing. Wolverine just punches Crossbones out.

Daredevil is pissed and ready to leave. Wolverine tells him to go. He goes to a flag-draped coffin and Iron Man comes up behind him. The spell wore off. The shield isn't there and Wolverine asks if there's going to be a new Cap. Iron Man says Cap was his best friend. Yellowjacket tries to stop Wolverine from leaving. Wolverine walks out, saying that Iron Man wants him to tell all the people who still have hope that Cap really is dead. Iron Man lets him go.

Whiskey tango foxtrot. Iron Man lets probably the most dangerous, most unstable rebel go because he wants the people he lured into a trap with Cap's corpse to know he's dead? Why doesn't he use Wolverine as bait or something? How does this mesh at all with Iron Man's motivation in any other comic? Why didn't Strange just force Wolverine to leave? Does he not care if the New Avengers lose a huge asset? Would Wolverine really tell Bucky, "And here you are. All alive and stuff"?

I don't understand this comic at all.

Damn. I can't believe I missed that. Sorry.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back