Civil War: Fallen Son (Discussion/SPOILERS!!)

Really? I thought it was the best of the three.

I'm with you. Part 2 was nowhere near as good as this one. Tony came off as a jackass trying to pimp out the flag and the shield, and Hawkeye let him know where he stood on the matter in perfect Hawkeye fashion.

As much as 616 Tony Stark is a jerk, you still have to feel a little bit bad for him... seems like more and more of his friends are starting to hate his guts.

So...

...I recently had a conversation with my history teacher about this "New Captain America" thing (he watches the Colbert Report) and I told him...

Me: No, they're bringing him back...sort of. They're going to take some other comic hero and give him the Captain america costume.
Teacher: Really? Who?
Me: The Punisher. Basically, he's a ruthless vigilante who kills the most harmless of lawbreakers, and carries more guns than the entire NRA.
Teacher: *...*
Me: Sir?
Teacher: ...I think I need to be alone for a while.

I haven't seen him since.

I think these are getting worse as they get along.

The art is nice though. Well, except for the Hawkeye issue. That's one thing you have guaranteed with a Loeb/Bendis comic. They've always got pretty good art.

So...

...I recently had a conversation with my history teacher about this "New Captain America" thing (he watches the Colbert Report) and I told him...

Me: No, they're bringing him back...sort of. They're going to take some other comic hero and give him the Captain america costume.
Teacher: Really? Who?
Me: The Punisher. Basically, he's a ruthless vigilante who kills the most harmless of lawbreakers, and carries more guns than the entire NRA.
Teacher: *...*
Me: Sir?
Teacher: ...I think I need to be alone for a while.

I haven't seen him since.

But Pusniher ain't gonna be the real new Cap. You should tell him it was just a tease. Then he'll be all like, "Really?! Wow! You need an A+!"

But not really.

#4 was crap. Spider-Man gets all emotional because Captain America is dead.

The best part of the issue was the Rhino scene. Man, Spider-Man's a dick. Rhino's visiting his dead mother, at night, not bothering anyone, when Spider-Man comes over and beats the **** out of him. Dick.

Finch's Rhino was pretty awesome.

The best part of the issue was the Rhino scene. Man, Spider-Man's a dick. Rhino's visiting his dead mother, at night, not bothering anyone, when Spider-Man comes over and beats the **** out of him. Dick.
Wow. Even though Rhino's a villain, that's just wrong.

I just thought it was a very good emotional scene and it showed that Rhino isn't just another dumb brute.

Latest posts

Back