Civil War: Fallen Son (Discussion/SPOILERS!!)

I really enjoyed it. The art was really the best part. But I loved Logan confronting Crossbones.

The things that bugged me was Loeb's namedropping. If that is the right word to do. He loves using big name cameos. Daredevil, Strange, Winter Soldier. If you read any of his books you'll see what i mean. I didn't notice until VVD pointed it out once.

And if Wolverine knows he is dead, then why does he go back in New Avengers?

And if Wolverine knows he is dead, then why does he go back in New Avengers?

I don't know, but it's interesting to note that the helicarrier they break onto is the old one, not the red and gold version.

I don't think any thought was put into this. I wouldn't buy this with my own money, my dad bought it for himself and let me read it.

That... that... wait, what? o.o

What even happened? This sounds completely pointless.

I was considering pickthing this up as a TPB, but unless the rest of them are good, I'm out.

My god. I thought this tie-in crap was over. I'm so sick of having to buy all of these. My computer is running out of hardrive space -- I mean, I'm running out of money.

I enjoyed it, and thought Loeb wrote Wolverine, Daredevil and Winter Soldier perfectly. And it should be well-documented that I'm a sucker for Yu's art, the daredevil wolverine splash page was awsome. solid 4/5.

I don't know, but it's interesting to note that the helicarrier they break onto is the old one, not the red and gold version.

I don't think any thought was put into this. I wouldn't buy this with my own money, my dad bought it for himself and let me read it.

That's cause the red and yellow isn't up and running yet.

This was good, but I still think Yu's art should be cleaner in the face, I hate how he draws eyes.

And I'm totally hoping that Wolverine cut Tony Stark's head off.

Fallen Son has to be the most useless "spin-off" mini issues I've read. 20+ pages of people reflecting and reacting to his death in their own way which could've been covered in the regular issues.

I loved McGuiness's art.....and Loeb was pretty damn good here. He tried to capture the witty side of the heroes like Bendis did in NA. And suceeded. I liked #2 more than #1.....but I still can't help but feel this wasn't needed.

I don't think Marvel realizes that they will never top "The Confession" for "CW Issue of the Year".

Where does this fit in continuity? Tony's comments on getting tired of Dr. Strange's tricks implies it's after the first New Avengers arc, and it's definately after Mighty Avengers, but wouldn't that be well beyond the "dealing" with Cap's death point?

The best part is seeing Thing still hanging out with his friends and not trying to bring them in.

I don't get it.

So this is where Clint Barton's returning? Meh.

Fallen Son has to be the most useless "spin-off" mini issues I've read. 20+ pages of people reflecting and reacting to his death in their own way which could've been covered in the regular issues.

I loved McGuiness's art.....and Loeb was pretty damn good here. He tried to capture the witty side of the heroes like Bendis did in NA. And suceeded. I liked #2 more than #1.....but I still can't help but feel this wasn't needed.

I don't think Marvel realizes that they will never top "The Confession" for "CW Issue of the Year".

I agree. The art was the best of both of them. But it parts was dumb.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0704/28/captainamericab.htm

hahahahahahaha

Loeb is a hack,

did anyone know his son is dead? i sure as hell didn't. :roll:

What does his son have to do with it? That's bad taste man.

And I'm interested in the team of both Hawkeyes. I bet Clint tries to sleep with her.

This is Loeb's best work so far but that's not saying much.

Last edited:
Loeb is just like Bendis. The artists make their work look better than it actually is.

Latest posts

Back