Comic Dreamcasting Round 26: The Legion of Doom- Round ends 2/1

Eh, Ourchair will allow me to use my next zany idea on his project.
I will? I don't remember what it was.

I voted for Houde. Because he was the only one who was awesome AND used a TV cast at the same time.

Thanks everybody, I really didn't think I'd win as everyone really put in some good ones this round.

I will? I don't remember what it was.

You don't know, that's kinda the point. But I'm sure you will pick something that is not well known, allowing me to use the zany idea.

I voted for Houde. Because he was the only one who was awesome AND used a TV cast at the same time.

Thanks everybody, I really didn't think I'd win as everyone really put in some good ones this round.

People tend to forget things when it's like that. There is a limit on money, resources and all of that jazz, and they just pick the biggest names they can to win. Then they do. I'm trying to get people to think out of the box with my new entries.

HOW DID I MISS THIS INSANELY GOOD DREAMCASTING ROUND?

SSJMole -

Timothy Olyphant as Lex Luthor is ****ing genius.

James Marsters as the Joker - In my head, the cast of my Batman film is David Boreanaz as Batman, Jaime Pressley as Harley Quinn, and James Marsters as Joker. I remember, sitting down, thinking intently on who I should have play Joker in my Batman film. I had those other two roles down. Boreanaz as Batman is perfect. And completely separately, I thought "Spike as Joker". It took me about 20 minutes to notice I'd cast both Angel AND Spike, but I don't care. I think Marsters would make a brilliant Joker.

Gillian Anderson as Giganta is super cool, as is Cedric Daniels as Black Manta.

I really like Mark Lutz as Bizarro/Superman. That's a very, VERY good choice.

DARKKNIGHT -

Worf as Gorilla Grodd.

Niles Crane as Toyman.

Le Chiffre as Sinestro.

Goddamit, yes.

Langsta -

Adrian Pastar as Lex Luthor is so incredibly inspired. Seriously, brilliant. What I love is that Pastar's Luthor is the more embittered, grittier, darker Luthor, whereas Olyphant's is going to be the more outrageous. Two perfect Luthors.

Brad Dourif as Toyman... please, sir, can I have some more?

DisorderInTheHouse -

I wonder, I truly wonder if John C McGinley as Luthor would work. I would pay to see if it did.

Tim Roth as the Joker is so very, very clever.

Laurence Fishburne as Gorilla Grodd is absolutely brilliant.

Michael Emerson is Toyman is a creepy, apt, choice indeed.

Ourchair -

Ron Glass as Black Manta.

Giles as The Shade.

Dylan Baker as Toyman.

If that wasn't enough... Optimus Prime as Grodd. YES.

Victor Von Doom -

Daniel Day-Lewis as Lex Luthor? Eep. EEP.

Sam Rockwell as The Joker - this could be AWFUL. But, like McGinley as Luthor, I honestly would love to see it tried. I really, really, want to.

David Anders as Brainiac is such a cool choice.

Morgan Freeman as Gorilla Grodd could be so awesome.

Kristen Bell as Giganta - I'm taking sweats and a big puffy pillow to the screening.

Josh Brolin as Bizarro - that could work really well. I don't know about him playing Superman, but it could be interesting to have two actors playing Bizarro and Superman.

Bluebeast -

Daniel Day-Lewis as Lex Luthor? Eep. EEP.

Brainiac as Hugo Weaving is all kinds of awesome.

John Malkovich as Gorilla Grod - with Weaving on board - I love it. Those two would work so well together. Part of me thinks maybe switching them around might work even better.

Andy Serkis as Toyman is terrific. And I totally agree with your "Toyman is a child in a man's body". I HATE him being a pedophile.

Peter Stormare as Sinestro I like a lot.

Thee Great One -

Crispin Glover as The Joker - I'd want to see this. I'm not confident in it, but I'd like to see it.

Paul Giamatti as Gorilla Grodd is such a good idea.

I'm not a fan of Norton as Toyman but... I really like that idea.

Hugo Weaving IS Sinestro. You're totally correct.

Stephen Merchan as the Joker is hysterical.

Martin Freeman as Brainiac is terrific.

Mackenzie Crook as Toyman is also brilliant.

Nick Frost as Bizarro, Simon Pegg as Black Manta...

What's interesting is the creative exercise of going "I'll only cast current top British comedy actors" and seeing what you get. Sure, it's not the best option, but it's the most creative.

It is - in fact - revolutionary.

I think that's where the future lies in Dreamcasting.

For example, instead of saying "Cast a LEGION OF DOOM property" you say "Put these actor and actors and make a top comic book movie project out of it".

You may have the cast be, say, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Timothy Dalton, et al (the rest of HOT FUZZ) and say, "Make a comic book film out of that".

Does someone cast Pegg as Captain Britian and make a bizarre Captain Britain film? Does someone make Dalton Iron Man and make a take on Avengers?

(The cast shouldn't be of another film, but I'm using it as an example.)

I think this could be the future when we finally run out of pitch properties.

Brilliant thinking Houde.

Latest posts

Back