Coming in October: "Ultimate Power".

Wow, do you guys know that there is more *****ing here about this article than in Newsarama?

DIrishB said:
Why? They're still top selling titles, and with Ultimates 2 currently on its way to wrapping up, I expect sales are still very strong, along with the other ongoings and mini-series.

Just saying that this seems like a stunt. Is this at all necessary right now? Will this cross-over make either of these titles grow? Doubtful... It'll probably just be a show-down of sorts where it's out of continuity, Captain America will die and Wasp will get pregnant with one of the SS characters.

I fear this may just be an updated version of JLA/Avengers.

I hope Hyperion fights Namor.

E said:
It is. I have it.

Ok, cool.

Also, I think you guys are jumping the gun. You are talking about SS being merged completely into the UU but we don't have any indication that is the case.

This sounds like it being merged to me, at least to some small degree:

Marvel.com said:
Starting in October, Ultimate Power, a nine-issue mini-series tying the Ultimate Universe into the Supremeverse (Squadron Supreme Universe) will be written by the superpower trinity of Brian Michael Bendis, J. Michael Straczynski, and Jeph Loeb.

And unless they do something that goes back in history for SS, anything that happens before the moment in which the two universes are combined (if that happens) is irrelevant.

True, but being a completist I might feel compelled to buy the Supreme Power trades partially for that reason...

Goodwill said:
Just saying that this seems like a stunt.

Of course it is. Like I said, its a marketing ploy to be sure, but that doesn't mean it can't or won't be a good story.

Is this at all necessary right now?

No...is any comic book really necessary?

Will this cross-over make either of these titles grow? Doubtful...

Wrong...the idea is exactly that, and I can't see why it wouldn't work to some degree...I'm betting it works quite well.

It'll probably just be a show-down of sorts where it's out of continuity, Captain America will die and Wasp will get pregnant with one of the SS characters.

I think it will very much be in continuity, but I assume you were joking with the rest of it.

ProjectX2 said:

In a way, I guess it it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Are we talking about alternate dimensions meeting with each other or the intregration that Supreme Power has taken place in the Ultimate Universe the whole time?

I'm hoping the former.

ProjectX2 said:

Except good.

DIrishB said:
True, but being a completist I might feel compelled to buy the Supreme Power trades partially for that reason...

Right, right. I was just talking in terms of the timeline.

DIrishB said:
If I include Marvel Zombies (assuming this Squadron Supreme is indeed the same team as in Supreme Power) then I must include the earlier Supreme Power minis, even if its an alternate reality...this is going to get complicated.

Yep.

*Now waits for the guy to come on and tell us how ridiculous we are for being completists*

DIrishB said:
If I include Marvel Zombies (assuming this Squadron Supreme is indeed the same team as in Supreme Power) then I must include the earlier Supreme Power minis, even if its an alternate reality...this is going to get complicated.

I see your point, but the way I see it, Marvel Zombies doesn't go into any back history except for a very brief flashback scene. Supreme Power is a little bit of a different animal in that sense.

I'm not happy with this

The damn Unverse should be by itself, opening it up like this will allow others to crossover into it, like Exiles, and I'm afriad it will just muck up Ultimate universe even more

Not happy

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yep.

*Now waits for the guy to come on and tell us how ridiculous we are for being completists*

But being a completist means you get the whole story of that universe! It's why I started collecting the Ultimate Universe (And the Supremeverse, ironically).

And now, I have the whole Ultimate Multiverse (Ultimate, Supreme and Zombies)! I love it!

Ultimate Houde said:
I'm not happy with this

The damn Unverse should be by itself, opening it up like this will allow others to crossover into it, like Exiles, and I'm afriad it will just muck up Ultimate universe even more

Not happy

That's the thing. Supreme Power is basically the Ultimate Squadron Supreme, so it fits.

Exiles, on the other hand, I agree with you. As soon as that happens, it means the Ultimate Universe and the 616 Universe exist in the same multiverse, and therefore, can crossover.

And the Ultimate Universe then loses its uniqueness, in my mind.

E said:
I see your point, but the way I see it, Marvel Zombies doesn't go into any back history except for a very brief flashback scene. Supreme Power is a little bit of a different animal in that sense.

Yeah, I figured that after DL and reading the first two issues, and reading summaries of the others online. With the mini-series as well...could be a pain. We'll see, I'll wait until Ultimate Power comes out and I've read it to make any final decisions about how it'll work.

Ultimate Houde said:
I'm not happy with this

Not happy

I can understand that.

How can they bring in a second Nighthawk, especially one that is so radically different????

Latest posts

Back