36 issues - that's a nice sized omnibus.

Excited about Netflix doing Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist live action. Can't wait.

I looks like Waid's run is ending sometime around #36 in February, as mentioned in the letters page in today's issue.

Solit for #35 in january:

It's not being cancelled, just relaunching with a new #1. Waid and Samnee are still going to be on it.
Waid:
We were actually given the opportunity by Marvel to relaunch with a #1 last year as part of the Marvel NOW! initiative. Which absolutely would have boosted sales–but together, the team agreed that since we were in the middle of a storyline, it would be a gimmick, not an organic shift. When the opportunity arose to relaunch again this year, it made a lot more sense given the way we're about to change literally every aspect of Matt Murdock's life. Every aspect.

Without spoiling too much of the final issue of the previous series, we can tell you that Matt has to leave New York and, in many ways, has no choice but to return to California–specifically, California, no where else to go. But that's where he and his cast will hang their collective hat from now on.

DD-EXCLU-COVER-665x10241.jpg

Last edited:
I don't believe I've ever read any of the old stories with Matt in San Fransisco and I can't say I'm crazy about the idea. Hell's Kitchen is essential to the character of Matt Murdock and Daredevil.

Yeah, I haven't read it either. It took place before Miller's run, which is the earliest I've read. Although, I probably have the issues in the Essential Daredevil volumes I own.

I generally would agree that Hell's Kitchen is essential to DD, but Waid's been doing a great job, and none of his stories have really been about the Kitchen.

Latest posts

Back