TheManWithoutFear said:
You love drilling this in don't you?

Yeah, we get Owl wasn't featured in this issue. But there is something he's gonna do. I like your theory that he's going to be the pioneer of "I was arrested by Daredevil, I want justice." Owl's definitely the most appropriate villain for that role.

I am curious about this and like to speculate about it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Well considering it was one of the most speculated aspects of Matt's being outed as Daredevil and it hasn't happened yet, I think that's what Owl's going for.

Did anyone else think Bullseye was gonna die finally?

No way, they are never going to kill Bullseye, Bullseye in DD sells comics so he is always going to be around, just might not get used a lot in the future.

Also I heard something interesting today and I quote: "Charges are only thrown out on technicalities when the police directly violate someone's rights. Because of something colloquially called the "silver platter principle," evidence obtained illegally by non-police agents is admissible in court. If I were to break into someone's house, steal evidence that they'd committed a crime, and hand it to the police, that evidence would be admissible. And I would go to jail for breaking and entering, and theft. But the police aren't penalized in court for things they haven't done wrong."

The Overlord said:
Also I heard something interesting today and I quote: "Charges are only thrown out on technicalities when the police directly violate someone's rights. Because of something colloquially called the "silver platter principle," evidence obtained illegally by non-police agents is admissible in court. If I were to break into someone's house, steal evidence that they'd committed a crime, and hand it to the police, that evidence would be admissible. And I would go to jail for breaking and entering, and theft. But the police aren't penalized in court for things they haven't done wrong."
So have they done that at all? That's really interesting and I'm sure might play a part in it.

The Overlord said:
No way, they are never going to kill Bullseye, Bullseye in DD sells comics so he is always going to be around, just might not get used a lot in the future.
Bendis would do it. He's killed before. I'd be pissed if it was just by a truck but I really thought it was over for him. And I think Bendis has written Bullseye better than anyone ever will.

TheManWithoutFear said:
So have they done that at all? That's really interesting and I'm sure might play a part in it.

Bendis would do it. He's killed before. I'd be pissed if it was just by a truck but I really thought it was over for him. And I think Bendis has written Bullseye better than anyone ever will.

Of course Bendis could play fast and loose with the law, after all DD's world is not the real its a comic book and the laws there work differently then in the real world. I meran in the real world prisons are almost impossible to escape from, but not so in a comic book universe. Plus one has to wonder whether the "silver platter principle" would affect reasonable doubt regarding the trial evidence.

Also one has to keep in mind that marvel will never let Bullseye die. Many believe that Bullseye and Kingpin are the only cool villains DD has, so Bullseye is never going to die. Besides whether Bendis wrote the best Bullseye or not is very debatable.

The Overlord said:
Of course Bendis could play fast and loose with the law, after all DD's world is not the real its a comic book and the laws there work differently then in the real world. I meran in the real world prisons are almost impossible to escape from, but not so in a comic book universe. Plus one has to wonder whether the "silver platter principle" would affect reasonable doubt regarding the trial evidence.

Also one has to keep in mind that marvel will never let Bullseye die. Many believe that Bullseye and Kingpin are the only cool villains DD has, so Bullseye is never going to die. Besides whether Bendis wrote the best Bullseye or not is very debatable.

Funny, I just replied to Bass' post in the lame villain thread. Because where Bendis has taken characters and lameified them in USM he definitely jacked up some villains in Daredevil. I know you hate his take on Hyde but Purple-Man, Owl, Typhoid-Mary seemed pretty cool to me when I read 'em. Not too mention the same way he treated Heroes for Hire throughout his run. They just come off as cool despite lame "yellow booties"

As for letting him kill Bullseye, I agree. But Bendis wrote him best. I'd be satisfied to see Bendis take him out with him. I doubt anyone can pull it off like he did. The dialogue in the past issue was nothing short of amazing regarding Bullseye. "He touches little boys" - spoken like a truly disturbed man.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Funny, I just replied to Bass' post in the lame villain thread. Because where Bendis has taken characters and lameified them in USM he definitely jacked up some villains in Daredevil. I know you hate his take on Hyde but Purple-Man, Owl, Typhoid-Mary seemed pretty cool to me when I read 'em. Not too mention the same way he treated Heroes for Hire throughout his run. They just come off as cool despite lame "yellow booties"

As for letting him kill Bullseye, I agree. But Bendis wrote him best. I'd be satisfied to see Bendis take him out with him. I doubt anyone can pull it off like he did. The dialogue in the past issue was nothing short of amazing regarding Bullseye. "He touches little boys" - spoken like a truly disturbed man.

Purple Man I will agree with, though its a real shame that Bendis never used him in DD and to extent I will agree with his handling of Typhoid-Mary, though she should have been around longer, I am hoping for a one on one showdownb in the future. But until the Murdock Papers a lot of the villains came of as punks for example:

In Out DD easily beat Mr. Hyde with a mailbox, in Lowlife he took out Owl with one punch and in Hardcore he took down Bullseye like he was punk and beat Kingpin without his club. Not mention Owl came as an idiot in "Lowlife", it seemed like Mr. Anad had to do all his thinking for him. Frankly I much prefer Mark Millar's take on Owl in MK Spidey, there he came off as a intelligent and dangerous crime boss, rather than a stupid punk.

Though I will admit the thing he did with Stilt-Man was cool, smartest move Wilbur Day ever made.

Now in the Murdock Papers Bullseye and Kingpin are getting some respect, but still doesn't change the fact all the other villains still seem like punks. I hope Brubaker decides make some villains, besides Kingpin and Bullseye, threatening.

Last edited:
Does anyone think that the final issue of this arc takes place "a few months/weeks later"? I think the action will wrap up with next issue and #81 will show the consequences of Matt Murdock in court with Peter Parker, Dr. Strange, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Black Widow, Milla Donovan, Maya Lopez, Danny Rand, etc... all looking on to see the fate of Matt Murdock?

incredible issue. bullseye is so kickass, and i love that bendis basically ignores the adamantium skeleton thing, which is absolutely ridiculous to begin with.

also, bullseye will never die, bc "he never dies."

daredevil wants him to die in one of these accidents, but he never will, and daredevil will never outright kill him.

yeah. sometimes when bendis changes reality to his own liking, it works.

the whole thing about bullseye is that he is just highly skilled, with a maybe a minor power (throwing a toothpick through a window and killing someone is impossible, i'm sorry, he must be some sort of minor mutant), the same as Daredevil.

iceman said:
yeah. sometimes when bendis changes reality to his own liking, it works.

the whole thing about bullseye is that he is just highly skilled, with a maybe a minor power (throwing a toothpick through a window and killing someone is impossible, i'm sorry, he must be some sort of minor mutant), the same as Daredevil.

The whole thing with Bullseye is that it's shown right in the comic. Daredevil's urgency to the surrounding public is so wonderful it characterizes Bullseye so much. He's one of the greatest villains in the marvel universe just because he's pure evil.

yeah. i think the other stuff are secondary things that work as well. he is a good foil for DD.

i love his dialogue in this issue. "how many times do i have to kill you" "he touches little boys" (which i think was self-referential, playing off DD) were great. and he handles himself brilliantly in the fight. to be honest, i even like his movie-tat.

the adamantium skeleton was stupid though. it also wouldn't work, as it'd poison him, and there'd be no way he'd survive the process.

iceman said:
yeah. i think the other stuff are secondary things that work as well. he is a good foil for DD.

i love his dialogue in this issue. "how many times do i have to kill you" "he touches little boys" (which i think was self-referential, playing off DD) were great. and he handles himself brilliantly in the fight. to be honest, i even like his movie-tat.

the adamantium skeleton was stupid though. it also wouldn't work, as it'd poison him, and there'd be no way he'd survive the process.

Yeah, when I get the trade I'm copying everything Bullseye said right into the Favorite Quotes thread.

I agree the adamantium was just an excuse to make him "kewler". I guess since it didn't really do anything for him we can just pretend it never happened.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I agree the adamantium was just an excuse to make him "kewler". I guess since it didn't really do anything for him we can just pretend it never happened.
Wasn't it just his skull and spine?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I didn't even know it was his skull. I thought just his spine. Did it ever accomplish anything?

The point of the Bullseye's adamantium bones was not make him cooler, it was to allow Bullseye to walk again after DD broke his spine in DD# 181.

The Overlord said:
The point of the Bullseye's adamantium bones was not make him cooler, it was to allow Bullseye to walk again after DD broke his spine in DD# 181.
Within the comic book universe it's possible to just perform some kind of surgery that would help him walk again. Adamantium was just added to this already fake surgery to make it look "kewl".

TheManWithoutFear said:
Does anyone think that the final issue of this arc takes place "a few months/weeks later"? I think the action will wrap up with next issue and #81 will show the consequences of Matt Murdock in court with Peter Parker, Dr. Strange, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Black Widow, Milla Donovan, Maya Lopez, Danny Rand, etc... all looking on to see the fate of Matt Murdock?

That could cool, it fun to see DD supported by his greatest allies and taunted by his greatest enemies in that issue.

Latest posts

Back