Avengers Dark Avengers series discussion (Spoilers)

Re: Dark Avengers series discussion

It was a decent start.

The problem with Bendis sometimes is that he loves reading other people's characters and wants to use them and does next to nothing with them.

For example - The Sentry, Ares, The Hood, some others.

The art was pretty. I liked Venom eating a Skrull shape-shifted into Spider-Man.

And some of the scenes like Ares hitting on Moonstone and the scene with Daken.

Despite some decent execution, Dark Reign is idiotic and repulsive. I understand that any reaction this strong needs some justification, but I'm too disgusted to offer it right now. Maybe later.
Is it because Bendis took the Thunderbolts, renamed them, and then passed off a complete duplicate of Busiek's T-Bolts origin story as his own idea.

Last edited:

Is it because Bendis took the Thunderbolts, renamed them, and then passed off a complete duplicate of Busiek's T-Bolts origin story as his own idea.

Duplicate?

I don't remeber Zemo having the political power Osborn has.

Wow.

That's kind of cool, actually.

Yes, having the Superman analogue graphically ripping off a woman's head, very cool.

...:roll:

captaincanuck65 said:
wow...
whose head is that?

Morgan le Fey

what the hell is that?

Is that all Bendis thinks The Sentry is good for? Ripping people apart?

DC had Black Adam ripping dudes in half left and right.

A.) Black Adam is at best an anti-hero, like the Punisher. At worst, he's a megalomaniacal villain like Doom.

B.) Why hasn't he ripped off Norman Osborn's head? He goes out of his way to neutralize male villains, but he tries to dismember Ultron (who was wearing a female body), rips off Morgan's head.

If you look at the history of comics, women get the short end of the stick. If they didn't, Gail Simone wouldn't have help create Women in Refrigerators.

Has Sentry even done anything? Why was he brought back? Just to rip people in half? He seems rather pointless.

Pointless and annoying. I would eagerly applaud his grisly demise. Worst character ever. Rulk is better.
I will now have to shun you for that.

I mean, I know Sentry has been poorly done since Bendis brought him back, but "Rulk" better?!

*Shuns*

Yes, having the Superman analogue graphically ripping off a woman's head, very cool.

...:roll:

I think it's a little unfair to assume her gender plays any kind of role in the decision to rip her head off.

I will now have to shun you for that.

I mean, I know Sentry has been poorly done since Bendis brought him back, but "Rulk" better?!

*Shuns*

Ok...I may have gone too far with the whole "Rulk is better" thing. (cuz Rulk really is beyond horrible)

It is difficult for me to express just how much I hate Sentry and Rulk was the worst character I could come up with. But yes, in retrospect that was probably a little extreme.

I think it's a little unfair to assume her gender plays any kind of role in the decision to rip her head off.

yeah I mean I know nothing of Morgan but isn't Ultron a robot?

Latest posts

Back