DC Nation

LITG:

Greg Rucka is to join JH Williams on the much delayed "Batwoman" book.

This was meant to be announced during the summer conventions. It's still being delayed - a mixture of managing professional workload, and DC's nervousness about potentially damaging a brand with the publicity a title lead gay Bat-character may bring, and the release of "The Dark Knight" movie.

Stable doors and horses anyone?

LITG:

Greg Rucka is to join JH Williams on the much delayed "Batwoman" book.

This was meant to be announced during the summer conventions. It's still being delayed - a mixture of managing professional workload, and DC's nervousness about potentially damaging a brand with the publicity a title lead gay Bat-character may bring, and the release of "The Dark Knight" movie.

Stable doors and horses anyone?

I'm considering buying this just to see what the school guidance counselor's reaction is.

No, Batwoman will be bad.

Batman's supporting character titles haven't really been good since Chuck Dixon wrote them all at the same time.

IN other news, I bought a crapload of DC books the last couple days and when I switch over to mail order comics (which are, like, half off), I'll be getting every major non-Batman DC book. I love them so.

Joe Kalicki doesn't like anything.

(and the reason the support books havent been good since Dixon is because there havent been good writers on the support books since Dixon).

Rucka is fantastic, and since this is obviously going to be spinning out of the Crime Bible stuff, I'm looking forward to seeing Renee as a recurring character, especially because I bet a JHW3 Question will look hella awesome.

Joe Kalicki doesn't like anything.

(and the reason the support books havent been good since Dixon is because there havent been good writers on the support books since Dixon).

Rucka is fantastic, and since this is obviously going to be spinning out of the Crime Bible stuff, I'm looking forward to seeing Renee as a recurring character, especially because I bet a JHW3 Question will look hella awesome.

I like things.

And the books have had good writers. Brubaker, Simone, Willingham. . .

Yeah, it's Gemini that hates everything.

And the books have had good writers. Brubaker, Simone, Willingham. . .

Willingham is **** when he's not writing Fables.

Simone's Birds of Prey I don't really consider to be a Batbook anymore.

And Gotham Central was the best comic ever when it was coming out.

So I guess I just don't see what your point is about the support books, and why that'd mean a bad batwoman book.

Willingham is **** when he's not writing Fables.

Simone's Birds of Prey I don't really consider to be a Batbook anymore.

And Gotham Central was the best comic ever when it was coming out.

So I guess I just don't see what your point is about the support books, and why that'd mean a bad batwoman book.

Well, I didn't read Gotham Central. It's after my heyday. But his Catwoman was disappointing.

Also, I just don't really love Rucka, I thought the Renee story was the weakest in 52, and Checkmate ended up being unfulfilled potential.

Checkmate's one o' my favorite books, so I guess we just disagree there...

But you should check out Queen & Country (By far Rucka's best stuff, methinks)...

But to each his own.

(And read Gotham Central).

Vol 1 - 1-5
Vol 2 - 6-10 (two other issues with character background for Renee from Detective Comics)
Vol 3 - 12-15, 19-22
Vol 4 - 23-25, 28-31
Vol 5 - 33-40

so that's issues 11 (Which is actually a really fun issue, so its sad that they don't reprint that), 16-18 (a Team-Up with the Huntress), 26-27 (team-up with catwoman and a psychic member of the GCPD), and 32 (Poison Ivy in a one-shot)

Those stories are definitely the less-good stories of the run (luckily I hunted the whole series down in singles)... but yeah. If you get the trades (if you just get the first two, thats the whole first 10 issues), and you like it, try to hunt down the singles.

I wonder if DC will ever collect them... Prolly not.

They have been collecting all the missing Hellblazer issues lately. Which is awesome.

I would like them to collect Gotham Central and Batgirl.

Lying in the Gutters:

I have confidentially been told that, confidentially, DC have cancelled "Batman Confidential." Just don't tell anyone, okay?

Latest posts

Back